How happy are you with your job?

paynecasey

Established Member
I'm a CFO and I'm under paid for my position so I'm a bit pissed. I'm happy to have a job but for my region I'm under paid by more than $15,000 annually.

nastyl

Established Member
job's not bad,im in the rental business, equipment and such, could get better pay, have to deal with alot of moron's and idiots, but salary fulltime for 21 aint bad. im gonna get a good welding job or machinist's job this spring and stay focused on that.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I work on average 7-9 months out of the year and generally enjoy it. Free food, free board, free gym use, 25,000 dolllar a month paycheck.

Downside - no women/family, potentially dangerous. Poor air quality. Extreme temperatures.

College dropout living the dream.

Oil fields? If so that's a lot of coin even for the crappy conditions there.

My job is sorta blah, I design utility lines and substations. Pay is not quite what I expected it to be but will get somewhat better once I get my PE. Every 2 weeks or so, I get a day out of the office to collect field data or visit clients and I really look forward to those days.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I do IT for a large (39k employees) financial firm. I maintain an enterprise content management system.

I've been here going on 3 years the end of January and I still love coming to work. I love my job because the people I work for have confidence in what I do and trust me. I work under a manager and a boss and I have to force them to meet up with me occasionally so I can at least attempt to account for my time and let them know what I've been doing. They just never bother me, ever. They know when ever there is a issue I will do whatever it takes to get it resolved quickly.

They gave me opportunity to grow. I came in under a LVL I support position and climbed to a LVL III in less than 2 years. Now I am a Data Systems Analyst II.

Very understanding to my situation and when I need to work from home or take the day off for the kids or whatever it may be, no questions asked. I also get 40 sick days on top of my vacation which is nice.

The office environment that I work in is relaxed and chill. That is hardly every any drama going on. Everyone gets along.

The only thing I dislike now is I live an hour away but I don't drive in traffic so that is the upside.

Last edited:

hunterp

Established Member
I work in healthcare IT and I enjoy it most days. I have the unique opportunity to work with many different hospital systems and see things from the 30k foot view since my company provides services and consulting as a third party. The job requires creative thinking and problem solving skills and I learn something new every day.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I often sit in my cubicle and wonder why I am here.. I don't really hate my job but I feel like I would do a lot better in another field where I can actually interact with people instead of do accounting all day.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Im not working my dream job by any means, but I don't mind what I do and i make decent money with good benefits, so I'm good. I have no clue what I would do if I wasnt in my current job

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i hated my last job...

easy job, i worked hard and got promoted well ahead of my peers. made good money for the industry i was a part of. for the most part the people i worked with were great, there's always "that one guy" but i was promoted past him so i didn't care. in all honesty, from the outside looking in, i had it made.

... i wanted to gouge my eyes out every ******* day!!!

now i work for myself, make WAY less money and absolutely love coming to work. sure, i have one of "those" days every now and then, it comes with the territory.

life is too short for me to do something i hate just to make money that i'll be to old to really enjoy when i don't have to work anymore.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Commissioning Engineer for ABB.
Absolutley love it.
My life style has drastically changed though.
I cannot do anything I could do before. I've so far been in China for 4½ months and will stay here absolute minimum 1 more month, probably more before I go home. Then stay home 2 weeks and go back a few more months etc.
All I do is work. I only work. I have no time for my Thunderbird, I have no time for anything. My Thunderbird will be put in storage because I have no time for it at all.

But I'm building myself a future here, unfortinetly the rest of my life and freedom is not in that plan for a while.
But I still love it. I'm not suffering at all! Even though it would be nice for once to actually have a life...

HandBanana

Established Member
Working in inventory procurement currently for a medium-sized company. I enjoy the work, its a constant stream of #'s that come across my screen all day, sometimes I feel like I'm in the Matrix, except I actually have some pigmentation to my skin. The sick day/vacation policy is a damn joke. You get ONE WEEK your first year and only an additional day every year after. They also take your sick days out of those alloted vacation days, which I can't believe is even legal. Once I'm done with my grad program, I'm out.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Working in IT can be stressful, working with accountants can be even tougher. But yes i like my job. It has its challenges but what job doesn't

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Im in the infantry, it was cool for the last six yrs, but now I wish I would have done something that when I retire, I'll have great job opportunites. You see some crazy shit, and some of the people you meet you will never forget, no matter how hard you try. And its the things like that, that make me not want to change jobs.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I'm a designer for a rapidly growing equipment company in the asphalt/concrete/aggregate industry.

I don't love my job, but I enjoy more about it than I dislike. The work, the people, the travel, it's always new/exciting/challenging - all things I enjoy. My superiors, benefits, incentives, etc. - all things I dislike. But the good outweighs the bad and I generally look forward to showing up each day.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I like my job (Senior Account Executive for Canon Solutions America in their Large Format division). I don't exactly love being in sales but my manager is awesome, my team is cool, the money is great, but the daily freedom is the best.

Last edited:

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
I get to work and wonder "is today going to be the day I finally stab myself with a pair of scissors?"

But I have a mortgage and bills to pay, so I'm not going to quit anytime soon. It's not like the job is overly hard or overly time consuming. My boss is good, coworkers are annoying but aside from one or two trying to undermind me they're not bad either.

My big problem is I have a generic University degree with background only in the field in which I'm working, which won't really get me where I need to be. So until I figure out a means to do what I want I'm here.

Basically I'm happy to have a job, but not happy with my job is the most accurate statement.

Para81

Established Member
Oil fields? If so that's a lot of coin even for the crappy conditions there.

Not oil fields. Government contracting and quite a bit of it on military bases forward. I've heard the oil rigs are a similar lifestyle actually. And yes it's a lot of coin, I save most of it and spend a decent amount. (My love for cars is what initially motivated me I think).

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
love my job. high stress, long hours. but great company. very family oriented. large dealership. we have 4 locations and a sub prime lot. they take very good care of me. very good!

Users who are viewing this thread