How to quiet your '03/'04 Cobra shifter (other Mustangs, too)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the great words Tony. I am always happy to hear testimonies like yours. It just makes me so positive that I've been right to keep selling these, over 6 years since selling my first set. I just wish there was a way I could afford to do some serious advertising so that more Mustang/Cobra owners could benefit as well. In the interim, it is customers like you and Frank (FrankSVT) who help spread the word to others. So thanks to you both. :)

Blueline

Established Member
Thanks for the great words Tony. I am always happy to hear testimonies like yours. It just makes me so positive that I've been right to keep selling these, over 6 years since selling my first set. I just wish there was a way I could afford to do some serious advertising so that more Mustang/Cobra owners could benefit as well. In the interim, it is customers like you and Frank (FrankSVT) who help spread the word to others. So thanks to you both. :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Just ordered this. My shifter gets here soon (MGW). Glad I read about this. Test drove a different cobra and the tri-ax was really noisy. I will tell him about this as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the order Jesse. It's on its way to you. Thanks, too, for telling your friends. :)

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Install was a breeze, I never had the shifter on without to tell the difference though. Very fast shipping! Way better than messing with RVT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the kind words Jesse. I really appreciate them. I very happy that YOU'RE happy. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DOUBLE THICKNESS GASKET SETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

In response to numerous requests over the past year, I am now offering all of my shifter gasket sets in a double thickness (1/16") material. Sets are available in the Original version and in the new PLUS version. My website has been updated with the new product line.

The new PLUS version is more durable and even easier to install due to the thicker material.

Order Shifter Gaskets

selbyvince

Established Member
just ordered a set for the saleen, i was going to order them for my cobra too but after digging through the console after i brought my cobra home for the first time i found a new unused, even unopened set.. so i threw them on, major difference.. so that was motivation enough to order a set for the saleen. great job with these, and im sure the word will continue to spread as everybody i read ab or hear from is more then satisfied. thanks bob

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Vince, I'm glad you found the gasket set very effective. Thanks for your comments. Your Saleen set is on the way.

Neat that you found a set in your Cobra console.

dsmith26

Established Member
Bob,

I want to THANK YOU for an amazing product. I had a Pro 5.0 shifter and switched to the MGW. Since swapping shifters, I figure great time to give your double thick gasket a try. I'm not sure if it's your gasket, or the MGW, or a combination of both, but I am ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY at the results. The gear noise is GONE, which I credit your gasket for. The shifter trim used to make lots noises too and since the MGW (w/race handle) snugs up the exterior boot, the trim racket is also GONE. YOU CANNOT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THE SHIFTER/TRANSMISSION with these modifications. My car is super clean and that was always an embarrassing subject when I give people rides but no worries now. Sorry for being long winded, but I'm seriously shocked at the improvement. Awesome Mod!

Thanks Again Man! Fitment was excellent and I'm recommending this to all my mustang buddies. :beer:

Derrick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the report Derrick. Can I post it on my website?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the order Greg. You should get it in the next day or two.

You're going to really like the new double-thickness of the PLUS Series you chose. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Scott! It mailed out this morning by Priority Mail. You should get it on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread