HP gain from Porting?

sharke

Established Member
Unless your just looking for Port "only" ($550 posi) the SnakeBite seems Expensive at 1500-1600 for basically a "Port and Pulley". Save 2K more and get the 2.9 Whipple.JMHO.:beer:

There is something to be said with just going for it but there is a lot of hidden cost in the whipple like the need for diff injectors and MAF.

Also there is the recurring cost of tires. Since I do most of my spirited driving on the street I want to be able to hook with tires that don't wear out every 3k miles.

dynobobstieg

"OP just do your research and boost for boost pick the one that's putting out better numbers."

Thanks

Agreed
Google, Yahoo supercharger porting or Stiegemeier or go back and look at all of our threads/posts with informative data and graphs here on SVTPerformance since 2004.
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
1-3 day turnaround
Cores available

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
:read:This aint 2004. Don't quote me and we'll be fine. Don't think GT500's were around then either.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Agreed
Google, Yahoo supercharger porting or Stiegemeier or go back and look at all of our threads/posts with informative data and graphs here on SVTPerformance since 2004.
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
1-3 day turnaround
Cores available

I'm sorry, but the words Stiegemeier, and informative data are not synonymous.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Eaton superchargers were around.

I believe their are a few of you who need to do your just research. We originated the Eaton porting process.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Your shitty customer service and blantent lack of respect for potential customers has nothing to do with how long you've been porting blowers. It's been said time and time again that nobody is doubting your ability to port Eatons, we all know you can.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Eaton superchargers were around before 2004 too. Wow.

There's enough results on this site alone. Let alone many long standing members will refer me every time. Not for just the numbers or the prices but because I care about every port that leaves Posi Performance.

Oh and check my prices.:thumbsup:

Stiegemeier I'm not resorting to the same old arguments. High road only.

Thanks

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
posi you seem like a real enthusiest rather than someone trying to hose us for every dollar we earn. Not only do i appreciate it but im sure alot of people on the forum notice this! If i had an eaton id send it to you

EX1

Established Member
Posi Posi Posi
cheer2.gif

:lol1:

x100000 My expierence with Brian (Posi) was A+++++. Great communication, answered all my questions straight up, and his port performed BETTER than I could of imagined. My GT500 shows what kind of beast Posi can make your car.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Both of these companys are run by good people.

I have had good dealings with Brian and good dealings with Bob too. No need to argue about who is better, be glad you have choices. Brian seems to have good results with his methods, haven't seen one firsthand for me to say. I do have a Steggy modded eaton on my wife's vert GT-500 right now though so I can give my honest opinion of that setup. It is full weight and I haven't had it out at a good hooking track yet. Last Friday night I ran it and only did high 1.7 to low 1.8 60 fts due to people dragging water up to and past the starting line and no track prep. It ran 11:30 at over 126 mph using the middle sized upper pulley, a 2.4" with no lower pulley added. Spinning well into second gear. Figure in the curb weight of over 4,100 lbs and a 215 lb. driver it is making good power. No headers, just a Bassani system. I only get 1 or 2 passes an outing due to no rollbar (i'm getting a custom one built in less than 2 weeks). After that I can really see what the ported eaton can do in the heaviest possible GT-500. I think they are a nice addition for resonable cost. Choose whoever you want to port your blower and get out to the track and have a blast!!:rockon: I won't be swapping any aftermarket blower onto mine till I max this setup out, where ever that may be! Next time out i'll have 28" slicks on with the rollbar and 3.73 gears. If it hooks decent it should be a good ride!:beer: Hermann

Users who are viewing this thread