HP gain from Porting?

sharke

Established Member
I was looking on the Steigemeier site and they don't seem to say very clearly what the gain is from just porting the SC. They have the stage gains but they don't ever single out the porting.

Also, do you need to retune the car if you port it or will the car adjust on its own?

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
Porting does bring much to the table as far as HP, but my inlet air temps dropped even with the smaller pulley... My car with 2.6upper dynoed 535/545sae 2.4upper/port it was 577/577sae in both 80 deg+ days...if I had to do it again, never would have done anything to the car and saved for a KB or 3.4whipple

sharke

Established Member
Snake Bite porting 75 RWHP
Tuning required
The new Street King Kit available soon.
All our ports Guaranteed to outperform any competitor.

Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
For More Info on GT500 porting go to:
Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob
Thank and feel free to call or email
636-949-2275
[email protected]

75 HP from just the $600 blower porting and a retune? Your competitor has shown a dyno with a proven 30hp and his port looks pretty good. How is it possible that its so different?

Leonard 95

Established Member
75 HP from just the $600 blower porting and a retune? Your competitor has shown a dyno with a proven 30hp and his port looks pretty good. How is it possible that its so different?

The snakebite is a port and a gear reduction in the snout of the blower, it is also $1500 just to clear things up.

EX1

Established Member
Doesn't include the tune. Basically the snake bite is a port and a raise in boost with a gear change in the front drive for $1500. Get a posi port and a 2.6 pulley and you will get the same gains for a lot cheaper. Snake bit is for people who want the " deception" of still having the stock pulley

dynobobstieg

We have always guaranteed to meet or beat any of our competitors hp per dollar. We also have a 1-3 day turnaround.
The Snake Bite makes up to 75 rwhp the easy way.
We have been porting the Eaton Superchargers for over 6 years all proven 2800+ ported to date.
The Snake Bitetm Series is the most cost efficient way to achieve 600 rwhp with the quickest boost rise which equates to the highest peak TQ numbers verses boost on a M122 Eaton supercharger.
If you have questions on Eaton superchargers or porting please give us a call.
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
[email protected]

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
"OP just do your research and boost for boost pick the one that's putting out better numbers."

Thanks

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
usually a port job can get you 20-30 horse but more important it drops the temps and gives you more wine to your supercharger

F8l Vnm

Established Member
whipple or KB is your friend...so much easier , one time and be done with it and you blow away any port job GT500

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Doesn't include the tune. Basically the snake bite is a port and a raise in boost with a gear change in the front drive for $1500. Get a posi port and a 2.6 pulley and you will get the same gains for a lot cheaper. Snake bit is for people who want the " deception" of still having the stock pulley

Agreed, go with Posi's port.

We have always guaranteed to meet or beat any of our competitors hp per dollar. We also have a 1-3 day turnaround.
We have been porting the Eaton Superchargers for over 6 years all proven 2800+ ported to date.
The Snake Bitetm Series is the most cost efficient way to achieve 600 rwhp with the quickest boost rise which equates to the highest peak TQ numbers verses boost on a M122 Eaton supercharger.
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
[email protected]

:rolleyes: Another great post Stiegemeier, failed to answer any part of the question as usual.....

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
whipple or KB is your friend...so much easier , one time and be done with it and you blow away any port job GT500

Unless your just looking for Port "only" ($550 posi) the SnakeBite seems Expensive at 1500-1600 for basically a "Port and Pulley". Save 2K more and get the 2.9 Whipple.JMHO.:beer:

EX1

Established Member
Unless your just looking for Port "only" ($550 posi) the SnakeBite seems Expensive at 1500-1600 for basically a "Port and Pulley". Save 2K more and get the 2.9 Whipple.JMHO.:beer:

ya but ~620rwhp is enough for daily driving for some people (spray if needed:kaboom:). Plus you cant beat the reliability of an Eaton.

EX1

Established Member
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
[email protected]

First off,I have the upmost respect for Steggy. I still fail to see how you "meet or beat" any competitors hp per dollar when your $1500 snakebite performs like a $550 port and a $130 2.6 pulley. Both with supporting mods and same boost level:??:

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Banned
First off,I have the upmost respect for Steggy. I still fail to see how you "meet or beat" any competitors hp per dollar when your $1500 snakebite performs like a $550 port and a $130 2.6 pulley. Both with supporting mods and same boost level:??:

I have said this from the start.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Posi Posi Posi
cheer2.gif

:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread