HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You would be surprised my friend

Not really. I actually work in the automotive field and see everything. Average person will not be buying this to try.

I still think this is a great option for people that want to give tweaking tunes a shot.

BUCKET

Established Member
Alright Eric, I have had hpt fr years. Since 05 I think. What do I need to get up to date on software. "Pro" box sitting here. Seems if I use the SCT software I just bought I have to start from scratch due to what seems to be proprietary tune files in the coyote with SCT. Never seen that in GM world.

Has anyone been tuning boosted coyotes on beta hpt yet?

Last edited:

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Alright Eric, I have had hpt fr years. Since 05 I think. What do I need to get up to date on software. "Pro" box sitting here. Seems if I use the SCT software I just bought I have to start from scratch due to what seems to be proprietary tune files in the coyote with SCT. Never seen that in GM world.

Has anyone been tuning boosted coyotes on beta hpt yet?

Email support at hptuners dot com with your serial number and request access to the beta and it will be added to your customer area.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Eric,

Is there any way to change the A/F screen on the 13+ so it reads Lambda instead of A/F?

When you switch to E85 and change the Stoich, the gauge just reads 10.0 because it is still reading E10 A/F scale.

That would be a nice feature if you had access to it.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eric,

Is there any way to change the A/F screen on the 13+ so it reads Lambda instead of A/F?

When you switch to E85 and change the Stoich, the gauge just reads 10.0 because it is still reading E10 A/F scale.

That would be a nice feature if you had access to it.

That is probably controlled via some other module, but I will definitely investigate it.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That is probably controlled via some other module, but I will definitely investigate it.
The reason I mention it is because the tune switches it.

I was kind of hoping it would be separate and just stay on the E10 scale and I could just figure out what my target is by doing the math.

That might be another option. To have the Stoich not affect the gauge at all by somehow disconnecting it from making the change.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The tune doesn't switch it--the fact that the stoich of your fuel is different is what's changing the reading. It's actually reading correctly as the stoich of E85 is 9.8 vs 14.1 for E10 and that's why it stays pegged at 10.0. The ecu does fueling correctly in my opinion as it uses lambda and not AFR. You just tell it the stoich of whatever fuel you use and the rest is simple. I use 9.91 stoich for the E84 I see at the pump.

Hope that helps.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The tune doesn't switch it--the fact that the stoich of your fuel is different is what's changing the reading. It's actually reading correctly as the stoich of E85 is 9.8 vs 14.1 for E10 and that's why it stays pegged at 10.0. The ecu does fueling correctly in my opinion as it uses lambda and not AFR. You just tell it the stoich of whatever fuel you use and the rest is simple. I use 9.91 stoich for the E84 I see at the pump.

Hope that helps.
I fully understand that. But most Widebands work on a gasoline scale. (14.64) 100% Gasoline. The factory Wideband Gauge is set to E10 (14.08) Stoich. The Gauge reads between 10-20 A/F. So when I change the stoich to 9.85, it pegs at 10.

If the tune had no affect on the gauge, then it would still read in the E10 scale and I could just do the math accordingly. I wish the tune had no affect on it or I wouldn't be asking.

I wish the gauge was just a Lambda gauge. Then it wouldn't matter what fuel you put in.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Actually, most widebands are lambda gauges and then converted to AFR if I'm not mistaken. The factory gauge reads in E10 afr which is why it shows up as 10.0 when ethanol is used as the fuel.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Correct. But it's not the fuel itself that makes the reading off. It's actually changing the Stoich in the tune that changes the setting on the gauge.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Correct. But it's not the fuel itself that makes the reading off. It's actually changing the Stoich in the tune that changes the setting on the gauge.

Hm, are you sure about that? I haven't tried putting 14.1 stoich in, and then running e85 but it would be interesting to see what the factory gauge does.

Users who are viewing this thread