Hurricane Irma

CO Mack

Established Member
Well I finally jammed it in the garage. Yeah it's ugly, and worst of all I discovered a water faucet for the 1st time. This after living in the house 18 years.
View attachment 1408842

So I may be alone, but after 30 years in west palm, I feel like we are looking solid. The key is keeping winds under 140 mph. The house has been through 6 hurricanes and after hours of freight train winds, I know what she can take.
Also impact glass is only tested to 140 mph.
Keeping my fingers crossed but it's part of life here!

Good luck! Looks like that might be a hurricane garage door too.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just got this on my phone.
IMG_2809.PNG

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's tomorrow guys. Still have a bunch on lanai I need to move in. Also need to move some stuff around in the garage to make room for my PU.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I am betting Brad left it there to see how many of us would take the bait and/or it's likely he just finished, took a quick pic.

Lol....you are probably right....not something I would expect him to leave since everything else is locked down.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol....you are probably right....not something I would expect him to leave since everything else is locked down.
I wish that stupid thing would blow away. To damn heavy and I now pay people to trim my trees. Only reason my kids bought it for me. Little bastards. lol

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I wish that stupid thing would blow away. To damn heavy and I now pay people to trim my trees. Only reason my kids bought it for me. Little bastards. lol

Lol....I have a similar ladder that I stick behind my shed way in the back of my property. I don't even want it seen anywhere near my house....I have too many damn trees around me......

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
My house is all set, didn't get to board up, but everything else is put away and ready to go. I'm working a regular 24 hour shift Tomorrow, but anticipating another 24-48 hour mandatory overtime shift. Gonna be difficult for my wife with our 6 week old. Be safe everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Florida is basically evacuating as fast as the roads and airports will allow. But there are still going to be many riding it out.

Looks like Miami and Broward are going to be hit by the strongest part of the dirty side with the latest models. Bad bad news.
The St. Pete/Clearwater airport has been closed since last night..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'll be pretty busy tomorrow Brad, but you're well on your way in securing your homestead. I hear ya on your ladder comment. About 10 years ago I bought a nice 24' fiberglass ladder. It is really too heavy. I often wish I could get rid of it, but I know if I did, I'd need it for some project.

When are you going to hunker down in your house? If it were me, I'd probably be up Sunday morning at around 3AM anticipating the arrival of heavier winds and rain. You're doing due diligence in staying as safe and secure as you can. Keep us posted if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread