Hurricane Irma

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Got a friend in direct path of the Hurricane, right on Boynton beach (5 miles away from the beach) and the ****er wont leave!

Latest model shows Irma right at his front door.

Dont know how to talk sense into him. ****.

My friend and his wife are just north of there in Palm City by Port St. Lucie and on a lagoon close to the beach. They are not leaving either. Told them to stay safe and maybe find a local shelter until the storm is done.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
lots of gas stations are out of fuel already where I'm at, and it's like Mad Max trying to get bottled water at stores!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My buddy has had a double whammy. He lost his mothers house ( she passed this summer) in the Harvey Houston floods and just lost his house in the Virgin Islands. He's a pilot for American Airlines and flys the Miami route to and from St Thomas. He was in the process of relocating to the DFW hub.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Girlfriend's dad is in Orlando. What is the outlook like there? Looks like it is right in the path but he lives in a large condo complex so Im thinking the structure itself should be okay? She's freaking out about it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

thehunterooo

Established Member
Yeah gas is out here too and I will most likely have to work Friday and Saturday night so I won't be leaving here. Honestly if it went up the gut at 145 or so it should weaken quite a bit before it made it this way. Don't really have a choice but to stay and hold down the fort.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Girlfriend's dad is in Orlando. What is the outlook like there? Looks like it is right in the path but he lives in a large condo complex so Im thinking the structure itself should be okay? She's freaking out about it.

Should be okay minus losing power for a while. Won't know anything until the storm turns.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Im in Orlando, any idea where he is?

Unless its a really old and poorly maintained one I wouldnt be so worried about the condo itself. If it hits the bottom of the state and comes straight up it will hopefully weaken a decent amount by the time it gets here. Unless the storm shifts radically we will hopefully stay on the west side of the storm which is far better than being on the east.

spectreman

Established Member
My friend and his wife are just north of there in Palm City by Port St. Lucie and on a lagoon close to the beach. They are not leaving either. Told them to stay safe and maybe find a local shelter until the storm is done.

I'm in PC too. Altho not officially a flood zone, PC is well known for street flooding. Unlike Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach that have intricate canal systems to channel the water, Martin County & north do not, ergo the reputed flooding.

I fear we are seriously, boadaciously screwed as Irma bears down on us, but always hope for the best. The SE coast of FL is, once again, target ZERO and it don't look none too good. We're all hoping the damn thing shifts east, out into the Atlantic.

But, nothing we can do about it- the the storm is gonna go wherever it wants to. We're as prepared as we can be on the Treasure Coast. Sadly, having lived in SoFla for 35 years, this ain't the first storm we've lived thru and surely won't be the last.

Wish us luck, folks.
Lee

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Orlando would get a decent whack, but nothing that should be devastating IMO. If it went up Miamis butt, it would travel 180+ miles to Orlando. Of course, our luck it wouldn't lose much energy going over the warm everglades like Wilma iirc

spectreman

Established Member
Haha so true. Prices in Clermont have gone up big time (well a lot of prices in Florida over the past few years) thankfully I got a nice small house but it is framed and built in the 70s. There is no way I can afford a 200k+ single floor block home but I am happy to own a house at the ripe age of 26. I don't really worry about these kind of storms as there are not many that actually impact this area and the ones that do don't do much or are weakened (like Charley which was 13 years ago). Hence is why I like living in this area and would never live on the coast if I had the choice. As of now I am only expecting to lose power for a few days at most. Though those on the East coast will take a lot of damage. Good luck amigos!

Ah, the beauty of youth. I've lived/worked thru every storm since '82, so before you were born. I'll wish you the best of luck but I hope you've done some preparation cuz if your area gets hit, you've got no idea what's coming your way. I'll give you a hint tho- it rhymes w/hitstorm.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ah, the beauty of youth. I've lived/worked thru every storm since '82, so before you were born. I'll wish you the best of luck but I hope you've done some preparation cuz if your area gets hit, you've got no idea what's coming your way. I'll give you a hint tho- it rhymes w/hitstorm.
No shit, been here 30 years and been through as high as a high 4. It isn't much fun.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Storm shifted west. Looks like it's a southern landfall below us (I hope). There's a whole lot of nothing out there. Let it get smacked. Long as it doesn't take out beaufort.

Also just went under mandatory evac saturday at 10 am. Flipping the highways and opening it up for everyone to GTFO.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I'm in PC too. Altho not officially a flood zone, PC is well known for street flooding. Unlike Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach that have intricate canal systems to channel the water, Martin County & north do not, ergo the reputed flooding.

I fear we are seriously, boadaciously screwed as Irma bears down on us, but always hope for the best. The SE coast of FL is, once again, target ZERO and it don't look none too good. We're all hoping the damn thing shifts east, out into the Atlantic.

But, nothing we can do about it- the the storm is gonna go wherever it wants to. We're as prepared as we can be on the Treasure Coast. Sadly, having lived in SoFla for 35 years, this ain't the first storm we've lived thru and surely won't be the last.

Wish us luck, folks.
Lee

Last years Hurricane(and i can't remember the name) in October that went offshore east of PC was no damage to their home. Mostly blown around branches and some street flooding. They sent me some pics. Hopefully this one misses you guys down there. Stay safe.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Storm shifted west. Looks like it's a southern landfall below us (I hope). There's a whole lot of nothing out there. Let it get smacked. Long as it doesn't take out beaufort.

Also just went under mandatory evac saturday at 10 am. Flipping the highways and opening it up for everyone to GTFO.

I thought the evac wasn't mandatory just yet, but if so that's when it'll happen?

spectreman

Established Member
Last years Hurricane(and i can't remember the name) in October that went offshore east of PC was no damage to their home. Mostly blown around branches and some street flooding. They sent me some pics. Hopefully this one misses you guys down there. Stay safe.

Matthew was the name, and yes, thank goodness it stayed off shore & proved to be much ado about nothing. We got some wind, rain but never even lost power. I do not expect likewise w/this damn storm.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Im in Orlando, any idea where he is?

Unless its a really old and poorly maintained one I wouldnt be so worried about the condo itself. If it hits the bottom of the state and comes straight up it will hopefully weaken a decent amount by the time it gets here. Unless the storm shifts radically we will hopefully stay on the west side of the storm which is far better than being on the east.
Not sure. He is pretty wealthy and from what I have seen it is a newer nicer complex. That's why I figured it would be a safer place to be if they aren't required to evac.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I thought the evac wasn't mandatory just yet, but if so that's when it'll happen?

Saturday at 10am is when it starts. Lane reversal for I26 up to Charlotte.

Problem is.. this bitch is huge. Where are you going to go besides Alabama or the other side of the App mountains to get away from it?

Users who are viewing this thread