Hurricanes Suck Ass

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear!

People always give me crap when I store the cars for winter...

I get the, "Winter storage? What's that? Glad I live in Florida".

Unfortunately we do get tornados and damaging winds though.

Stay safe and healthy!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not that we get it too bad here but planning to buy a new house in the next couple of years and I’m gonna do the shutters and a whole house generator. To hell with this plywood crap. Luckily current house basically never loses power (probably shouldn’t say that out loud)

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
After having lived in the shit that is the north east I can say beyond a doubt that there is no where else I’d rather live than Naples Florida. It has the exact weather and climate I love except for the occasional cold front. It has the beach and the atmosphere I also love. I need to be warm all day and night year round. Yeah the hurricanes suck but I got hurricane windows and a full hurricane shutter on my lanai so we’ve done well with the last two. Will there be another one? You betcha.
But I will never shovel snow nor slip on ice again. EVER.

Glad you made it through the other side. ;)

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Yikes..... Glad your getting better, that's really the only true important thing. No matter how many times your shit gets destroyed or damaged from hurricnes or any disaster, it can always be replaced. Can't replace your body/health. Focus on that, and don't worry about the little things.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
But yet, Floridians like to brag about their weather when other parts of the country are getting blizzards and freezing temps, reap what you sow I guess...

That said, glad you are feeling better.

We love to visit the St.Pete/Pass-a-grill area, been there many times, even right after the hurricane last month. We may even buy a vacation home there some day.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
It was 74*F here in Maine today.
I have never wanted to go to Florida, nor will I ever go there.
I have zero tolerance for yearly disasters.
78F at my place in western NY state yesterday. Might have been a record.
It was 74*F here in Maine today.
I have never wanted to go to Florida, nor will I ever go there.
I have zero tolerance for yearly disasters.
Don’t worry. It’ll soon be negative 10 up there and you’ll be driving and shoveling blizzards weekly and paying a thousand dollars a month to heat your homes. But it’s all good. It’ll only last about 6 months.
Oh and don’t forget to enjoy your darkness that arrives tonight at 4pm that’s always good for a case of mild depression.
:) Have a nice day. :)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Where up there? I recall Rochester maybe.
But yet, Floridians like to brag about their weather when other parts of the country are getting blizzards and freezing temps, reap what you sow I guess...

That said, glad you are feeling better.

We love to visit the St.Pete/Pass-a-grill area, been there many times, even right after the hurricane last month. We may even buy a vacation home there some day.
That's a nice area. My parents lived in Maderia Beach on a bay near the intercoastal for years, years ago.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Don’t worry. It’ll soon be negative 10 up there and you’ll be driving and shoveling blizzards weekly and paying a thousand dollars a month to heat your homes. But it’s all good. It’ll only last about 6 months.
Oh and don’t forget to enjoy your darkness that arrives tonight at 4pm that’s always good for a case of mild depression.

And no. I can’t use the multi quote on my phone. Obviously. ;)

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
35B7D5C3-BC21-4F90-9699-8C3FD29237AC.png

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have been here 4 years and have yet to see -10F. Coldest I have seen was -2*F. And that was the low for the day. And that happened in only one of the 4 years I have been here. It was colder, longer when I lived in Montana and Wyoming, so Maine is a cake walk in comparison.
It will be dark around 5:20 pm tonight. It was light out at 6am this morning.
It is not going to cost 1K to heat the house for a month. Every month that we have snow on the ground, we also have parts of that month where it warms up and is gone. So while we may get snow 6 months in a row at times, it is never lasts the whole month.
The exaggerations are entertaining.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
Thanks, and my wife won't let me go on there. I just tell it like it is, and it must hurt feelings. lol I'd get the, community standards deal and couldn't post for a month. So many idiots who just moved here. My favorite a while back, some Karen who just moved here from Jersey thought they should put traffic lights on every cross street coming off the main drag coming out of the neighborhood. That's like 30 streets from my house to a main road. My comment resulted in a timeout, lol.
While asking for recommendations on security systems, I got permabanned after refusing to take down a picture of two guys in masks on a front porch getting ready to break into a house. I was told it was “upsetting” some of the members and at that point realized being banned might be a good thing. Lol

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also, these storms don't hit us yearly. The last one was 18 years ago.
Hmmmm.

The list of Florida hurricanes from the 21st century has been marked by several devastating North Atlantic hurricanes; 79 tropical or subtropical cyclones, their remnants, or their precursors have affected the U.S. state of Florida. Collectively, cyclones in Florida during the time period resulted in more than $123 billion in damage and 450 deaths.[needs update] Every year included at least one tropical cyclone affecting the state. During the 2004 season, more than one out of every five houses in the state received damage.[1] After Wilma in 2005, it would be 11 years until another hurricane would strike the state, Hermine in 2016. The following year, Irma in 2017, was the first major hurricane to strike the state in 12 years.

The strongest hurricane to hit the state during the time period was Hurricane Michael, which was a Category 5 on the Saffir–Simpson scale, the highest category on the scale. Michael was the strongest hurricane to strike the contiguous United States since Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Additionally, hurricanes Charley, Jeanne, Dennis, Wilma, Irma, and Ian, made landfall on the state as major hurricanes.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Where up there? I recall Rochester maybe.
Correct. Eastern suburbs. Pouring rain right now.
I have been here 4 years and have yet to see -10F. Coldest I have seen was -2*F. And that was the low for the day. And that happened in only one of the 4 years I have been here. It was colder, longer when I lived in Montana and Wyoming, so Maine is a cake walk in comparison.
It will be dark around 5pm tonight. It was light out at 6am this morning.
It is not going to cost 1K to heat the house for a month. Every month that we have snow on the ground, we also have parts of that month where it warms up and is gone. So while we may get snow 6 months in a row at times, it is never lasts the whole month.
Agree with everything.
-10F doesn't happen. Not even back when I lived here in the early 70s.
lol@$1000 a month for heat.
Hardly anyone here shovels. The plow guy does the driveway and people go in and out of their homes via the garage.
I guess now people are afraid of the dark and it makes them sad. lol
Some people act like it snows here all day every day for months.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
It will be dark around 5pm tonight. It was light out at 6am this morning.
COPE
O
P
E

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Correct. Eastern suburbs. Pouring rain right now.

Agree with everything.
-10F doesn't happen. Not even back when I lived here in the early 70s.
lol@$1000 a month for heat.
Hardly anyone here shovels. The plow guy does the driveway and people go in and out of their homes via the garage.
I guess now people are afraid of the dark and it makes them sad. lol
Some people act like it snows here all day every day for months.
Not even -10 with the wind chills?
$1000 a month is coming. Especially if you have oil heat. biden will make sure of it.
Yup. No one shovels. They just pay $200 every time it snows to clean their driveways.
The dark sucks at 4pm unless you are a bat. So.

Nice

COPE
O
P
E

:)

Users who are viewing this thread