I just can't win....Help Please!

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
Needs to be a noid light. Voltage is too low for a standard test light, and voltmeter won't read the pulse fast enough.

LDC2335

Established Member
Needs to be a noid light. Voltage is too low for a standard test light, and voltmeter won't read the pulse fast enough.
Well good news..... Kinda

Injector 6 is not getting a signal. I pulled back the sleeve on the harness and saw some bare wire showing, it must have got pinched over time and shorted out. But even with the wire fixed, I'm not getting a signal.

What did I blow?

I'm digging in my Haynes manual now to try and find out how the wiring works.

Looks like the pcm. EBay has em, just have to make sure the computer code is the same right?

5b481279445e51ee0ed45b83fc9ace37.jpg

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
how did you fix it? Is it possibly damaged in another place you didnt see?

i think i would try to find out what pin on the computer is responsible for that injector and check it first (or probe the harness for that injector further back).

basically is it just damaged wiring at the exposed point or is something else causing it.

LDC2335

Established Member
The red is always constant when the key is on for all injectors.

When I manually add a ground to stimulate the pcms signal to the injectors, the noid lights up.

When I add a ground to the injector 6, it sparks.

Chasing wires now.

LDC2335

Established Member
Holy shhhhhh!

Wire coating is mushy and falls apart when handled. Looks like I found my short. Must have got wet......under the tape.

8d9ac82dcebf685b6bbe30c32f5cc0cb.jpg

LDC2335

Established Member
Maybe moisture. Couple of the wires basically welded themselves together. Hopefully this will fix it and nothing is fried.

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
Excellent!

The wire sheath could have been exposed to oil, brake cleaner, or something caustic that broke it down. I highly recommend you either replace the engine harness, or take the time to inspect the rest of it. There's a high probability that type of damage exists elsewhere.

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
I'm out getting gas right now. Running like a top. Can't thank y'all enough.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Congrats man. It's a good feeling. I'm wiring up the mirrors and door locks on my fox as a project right now :)

LDC2335

Established Member
Still running good and the rest of the harness looks fine. It must have got fuel or cleaner down where the wire loom splits to let that injector wire out and over time wore at the lining and eventually shorting. Extremely odd timing with removing the supercharger. When it rains it pours.

Amen for SVTP.

LDC2335

Established Member
Sadly no, I sold it.

Maybe someday I'll boost again, but for not I'm just glad to have a have a running and reliable car.

Users who are viewing this thread