I know you have seen others post be careful

badmammajamma

Established Member
...I echo that sentiment...it was 22 degrees this morning I made a left turn into an intersection (I was NOT moving fast) there were cars at part of this intersection and they got the view of this idiot doing a COMPLETE 360 degrees around in a circle like I was on ice (and I don't think I was) I did the 360 and just drove off in the opposite direction..(insert your favorite bowel movement joke)b:idea:

michaeljtrent

Established Member
It was about 35 here this morning and gave it about 40-50% throttle merging onto the interstate and drifted across all 4 lanes and almost hit the barrier. The traction is an absolute joke in anything besides ideal conditions.

Be careful out there! :thumbsup:

jbs$

Established Member
As the man said, "Respect power", if it is cold, don't get too close to power as it will grab you by the ass.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Glade you and your car are ok, the 2nd day I had my GT500 I gave a friend a ride, we got on the freeway and I put it in 2nd at 60mph and the car went completely sideways on me, I about shit my pants lol.
The next day I ordered my 315 NT05Rs. No I have traction in every gear. I highly recommend you guys invest in some good rubber for the back. It my save you and your car from kissing a wall.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
my wife used to drive my 550hp lightning in the snow on stock tires...ya'll need to learn some go fast foot control

jbs$

Established Member
2011, now, don't you miss all of the excitement. A high HP car with marginal traction is like a good looking, but crazy girl friend, you never know what will happen next.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
my wife used to drive my 550hp lightning in the snow on stock tires...ya'll need to learn some go fast foot control

Yeah, cuz it always so bitterly cold in Katy, and the lightning is so well known for bad traction and great payload capacity.

Move along please, grown ups talkin here.

(Just thought I would reciprocate your level of disrespect. Im pretty sure all of us would be fine in Lightning too. That's like saying I never had a problem handling the speed my Geo Storm is capable of, so why are you afraid of the speed your Veyron can go?):poke:

jason6488

Established Member
im in dallas. its been low 30s and raining here. I took the backroads to work, didnt want to chance it. pussyfooted around with no issues. definitely be careful out there, that ass end walks out quick... thankfully I havent had it do anything crazy yet.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Yeah, cuz it always so bitterly cold in Katy, and the lightning is so well known for bad traction and great payload capacity.

(Just thought I would reciprocate your level of disrespect. Im pretty sure all of us would be fine in Lightning too. That's like saying I never had a problem handling the speed my Geo Storm is capable of, so why are you afraid of the speed your Veyron can go?):poke:

I got no disrespect from his comment. Your example has no comparison to a GT500 and a 550hp Lightning. We are talking traction, not speed.

Anyway, just be light on the throttle and you will be fine. It's no worse than driving a regular car in the snow - gentle throttle inputs, large following distance and slow down early.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
im in dallas. its been low 30s and raining here. I took the backroads to work, didnt want to chance it. pussyfooted around with no issues. definitely be careful out there, that ass end walks out quick... thankfully I havent had it do anything crazy yet.

Impossible. You MUST be smoking crack. The car is absolutely unmanageable. It simply can't be driven no matter what you do. Why are you lying to all these good folks on here? :bored:

steeltoe

Established Member
Apparently y'all should spend less money on cars and more on reading lessons. It's says everywhere in the mustang materials that the GT-500s come with SUMMER ONLY tires. Which means if you have cold air temps and cold road surface temps you aren't going to have traction. So when you post a thread about wrecking your car because you spun in cold weather. I'm going to lol all over your thread.

steeltoe

Established Member

You've obviously never driven a high hp farm truck before so go back over to that nut swinger site called teamshelby.

landsteam

Established Member
It was around 30 degrees this morning. I just drove very slowly and had no problem.

steeltoe

Established Member
Steel toe, you sound like my wife, where is your sense of adventure?

It has nothing to do with sense of adventure it's about not wrecking a overpriced and expensive mustang.

Btw I daily drove a 500hp farm truck on DRs in all kinds of weather.

fastozzy

Whalenstein
Established Member
Almost happened to me today at 45 degrees after 1hr of driving. The tail went to wagging on a rolling turn. Fun, but it got my attention. Welcome to the high HP world but pay attention

phil123

Established Member
Glade you and your car are ok, the 2nd day I had my GT500 I gave a friend a ride, we got on the freeway and I put it in 2nd at 60mph and the car went completely sideways on me, I about shit my pants lol.
The next day I ordered my 315 NT05Rs. No I have traction in every gear. I highly recommend you guys invest in some good rubber for the back. It my save you and your car from kissing a wall.

+1

Its not the car its the GY's they are treacherous when not warmed up. I put MSPP's on and big difference in the cold. Of course you have to drive more carefully in adverse condition but things happen that shouldn't with cold GY's.

Users who are viewing this thread