I want both - Track pack and Technology package in GT350

Zemedici

Established Member
How did I miss this Gem?

OP, simple question - would your car OUTperform a GT on the track?

I figure that if you are going to spend a lot of money for an item, you should do your research before the purchase and not after. That's why I joined this and other GT500 & Mustang forums long before I got my car and they have been a wealth of information. I downloaded the owners manuals from Ford long before I received my car and read them.

That seems the logical way to go about it....I knew every single thing about 03-04 cars before I bought my first one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i did. They dont make a 29/34 Ya forget I'm a stork :( how does EVERY thread we're both in turn to this subject?

Are they really upset because they bought the wrong car?
I think they're more mad people bought the Track Pack cars and haven't had issues lol

Zemedici

Established Member
I think they're more mad people bought the Track Pack cars and haven't had issues lol

So put on a $200 cooler (putting one on this week at my shop)

and be done.....? Seems mundane to complain about such a simple fix on a rather expensive mustang.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I share your opinion about this Nick, completely.

Whoever decided to offer any '15/'16 GT350 without the trans/diff coolers made a huge error in judgement. I understand they wanted to squeeze a car out at a certain price point. The bottom line is that any version of the GT350 shouldn't be outperformed by a regular GT model.

Does a GT track pass outperform even a base GT350 without the magna ride?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

But the track pack drivers are mad because they don't have leather cushy seats and a big screen nav. People will always bitch about something. Even the 17 but but the new zl1...:beer:

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
But the track pack drivers are mad because they don't have leather cushy seats and a big screen nav. People will always butch about something. Even the 17 but but the new zl1...
Lol

I'll take my Viper without cruise control.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Maybe the coolers were a late addition when they already acquired tooling to begin manufacturing. The whole track vs. tech was a way to offset a mistake. I wonder if the production #s show tech packs first.

The tech pack has brembos, sticky tires and all the track apps. I can't see them intentionally doing this, unless Ford is ****ing retarded.

In a couple of months I'm sure there will be multiple afternarket options to keep this thing outta limp mode.

If you race your car it's expensive either way, a couple cooling mods is not the end of the world. There's always something better if you wait.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jtn83

Established Member
Like I said, nothing that Ford did is negligent or wants a lawsuit. But, it is frustrating and stupid to say the least.

Clearly their goal was to meet price points the first year. They either didn't care about the price points (and magazine headlines) for the second year, or saw how upset everyone was, but they corrected the issue on the 2017s.

I think the only thing Tech Pack owners want is to not be chastised for their purchases. Many of us made the purchases before all the information was available and under the impression that the cars may be less track capable than the Track Packs, but wouldn't but such a compromise that they would go into limp mode and fall behind a GT Mustang that likely had some of the same leather seats and navigation.

Sure, most can add coolers--but then they're faced with the warranty dilemma. At the end of the day, chalk it up to the risk of buying the first model year of a car before all the bugs are worked out and the market research is available.

Zemedici

Established Member
Like I said, nothing that Ford did is negligent or wants a lawsuit. But, it is frustrating and stupid to say the least.

Clearly their goal was to meet price points the first year. They either didn't care about the price points (and magazine headlines) for the second year, or saw how upset everyone was, but they corrected the issue on the 2017s.

I think the only thing Tech Pack owners want is to not be chastised for their purchases. Many of us made the purchases before all the information was available and under the impression that the cars may be less track capable than the Track Packs, but wouldn't but such a compromise that they would go into limp mode and fall behind a GT Mustang that likely had some of the same leather seats and navigation.

Sure, most can add coolers--but then they're faced with the warranty dilemma. At the end of the day, chalk it up to the risk of buying the first model year of a car before all the bugs are worked out and the market research is available.

Go to a competent dealership and you wont have warranty concerns over an added oil cooler. The horror stories you hear on the internet are hardly the case in reality.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Again I call BS!

How is the mustang gt ahead of the gt350? The mustang gt has issues with fuel delivery while on track.

Maag

Established Member

Trade your 16s for 17s.

I went to the dealer I purchased my 2016 Tech from yesterday and they did offer to trade to a 2017 at the cost of trading in a used car or to buy all the coolers (oil, transmission, and diff) for $4k. Either way it's pretty steep. I talked to Shelby as well and they should be releasing their tran cooler option within a couple weeks. Ford Performance will be offering a tran cooler, but without the pump in about a month. And finally, Capaldi Racing have a tran cooler package they are working on as well. @Zemedici What parts are you using for the tran cooler you are installing this week at a price of $200?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went to the dealer I purchased my 2016 Tech from yesterday and they did offer to trade to a 2017 at the cost of trading in a used car or to buy all the coolers (oil, transmission, and diff) for $4k. Either way it's pretty steep. I talked to Shelby as well and they should be releasing their tran cooler option within a couple weeks. Ford Performance will be offering a tran cooler, but without the pump in about a month. And finally, Capaldi Racing have a tran cooler package they are working on as well. @Zemedici What parts are you using for the tran cooler you are installing this week at a price of $200?
Don't hold your breath on Shelbys...it'll be more expensive lol

Zemedici

Established Member

Mishimoto sells a cooler ($200 was a guesstimate, I'd have to dig up the paperwork on what the part actually costs)

Just some slight modification for the GT350, I'm sure you could make it work. Mounts in the upper grille.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
4K for coolers is that retail or dealer cost? As the dealer who told you the wrong thing to make a sale they should sell you the coolers and labor at cost.
Who's to say they told him the wrong thing...

Users who are viewing this thread