In light of JPC's recent track success, how many have decided to go turbo over a s/c?

Has does Jpc's recent success impacted your decision on a turbo vs s/c?

• I was gonna buy a supercharger, but now I'm buying a turbo!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I was gonna buy a turbo anyway!

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I'm sticking with buying a supercharger!

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I currently have a supercharger which I'm changing to a turbo!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have turbo which i will be changing to a supercharger!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could care less I'm keeping my car n/a!

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey guys just a poll here to see how much an impact JPC's recent success has impacted your decision to go turbo, or stay with a s/c set up!

Bud

Established Member
It would appear that if you want to go fast without having to throw nitrous on top of the combo, turbo is the way to go

/pot stirring

2012csgt

Established Member
It would appear that if you want to go fast without having to throw nitrous on top of the combo, turbo is the way to go

/pot stirring

Agreed. If your gonna take about 700lbs out of your car, put a glide in it, and travel to all the ford events. Than yes, turbos are the way to go fast. If your going to have a DD or weekend cruiser, it's just a matter of preference/budget IMO.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
For a street car I would go supercharger everyday. They are more reliable. I'm surprised that the turbo wasn't kicking the superchargers ass from day one though.

01bluesnake

Established Member
For 95% of the people on the board, either will work and get them faster than most care to go. A turbo in the long run is the most efficient at making power in a still street friendly package where a bigger blower may not be. When you need a F3 crank drive blower, then maybe you should consider a turbo.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I was always thinking either TVS or Paxton but not if I put my money together to go FI it will be a JPC single kit.

-Thomas

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
why would anyone get a turbo just because of JPC? it is a race car. 2% of people will ever have a car of that level. i like the days of old school 5.0's and not this im doing it because i saw it online.

stang910

Established Member
Not to take away from what JPC has done with a single turbo as it's pretty amazing, but how many people are there that want to turn their street car into a 7 or 8 second quarter mile car. Any true street car that can run a single digit quarter is ridiculous. It's been proven most of the power adders can get you into the 9's so at what point is enough enough. That kind of power is useless on the street so that makes the only place you can use that power is at the track and once you reach single digits most tracks become pretty strict on tech. I just don't see alot of people honestly wanting their newer car to meet 8 second saftey tech.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i rather use the funds towards a built motor or transmission. a turbo sure is nice but out of my price range. so no i wont sell my paxton for a jpc single kit.

nowwhat

Established Member
Not to take away from what JPC has done with a single turbo as it's pretty amazing, but how many people are there that want to turn their street car into a 7 or 8 second quarter mile car. Any true street car that can run a single digit quarter is ridiculous. It's been proven most of the power adders can get you into the 9's so at what point is enough enough. That kind of power is useless on the street so that makes the only place you can use that power is at the track and once you reach single digits most tracks become pretty strict on tech. I just don't see alot of people honestly wanting their newer car to meet 8 second saftey tech.

Well said

BV600

Established Member
I remember inquiring into there kit awhile back when it was still in house installs only. Wanted a single for awhile since my D1SC 5.0.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Well said

Ima stay n/a until I can come to terms with meeting 11.49 safety tech, cages are ugly

clean92lx

Established Member
I'd be completely happy with either. There will always be someone who is faster and I'm not even gonna try to act like I'm gonna compete with the big boys. Plus, even if I had the money to go 7's-8's, I would never have the time to go to all these events these guys are at...

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
not b/c of JPC, but I'm planning to go the turbo route. I also have an 03 Mach1 w/ a Vortech, the pain of dealing with the belt is whats pushing me to stay away from these backwards facing superchargers. I may even change the Mach1 to a single turbo kit. Ive always been a turbo fan , and they really are getting more price competitive.....by the time you factor in exhaust and fuel system mods, its not that much money.

Besides, maybe JPC will have a black friday sale :)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member

Exactly.
I'm thrilled with my 3.6 KB. There's no way a turbo car will cut a 1.5 60ft with 2.73 rear gears launching at 1500 rpm. Instant torque FTW! :rockon:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Exactly.
I'm thrilled with my 3.6 KB. There's no way a turbo car will cut a 1.5 60ft with 2.73 rear gears launching at 1500 rpm. Instant torque FTW! :rockon:

intant torque is awesome and all but who in their right mind will launch a turbo car at 1500rpm?

Users who are viewing this thread