In the market for a truck... Silverado or Tundra?

ff500

Established Member
I'd at least test drive an F150, best towing capabilities of the 3. Both Ford and Chevy have some great financing and rebate programs going on right now.

IMG_0238.jpg

Davemcc

Established Member
Don't be shy about getting a Tundra. It's not that hard to replace the frame when it rots out.

Unless you meant to buy a real truck, then get the F-150.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
We have a 2010 sierra SLE extended cab with the 5.3L. No problems, nice truck. the toyotas are just a new level of ugly, honestly... They are fat and pig faced

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
At least buy American.

+1

Buy American.

Of the two, Silverado. We drove an 09 Z71 as a loaner when our Camaro was in for warranty work, it was a pretty nice truck. The radio controls drove me nuts though. We've been seriously looking at the new Dodges, they're getting rave reviews and I really like the way they look. Plus, they have screaming deals going on right now. The F150 just looks old and blah to me compared to the Silverado and Ram.

Dodge - 2010 Ram 1500 - Innovations - Trophy Room

wait what?! i was about to post "inb4hybred" :shrug:

Don't be shy about getting a Tundra. It's not that hard to replace the frame when it rots out.

Unless you meant to buy a real truck, then get the F-150.

:lol:

i love silvarados and f150s are great too. im not crazy about the looks of the looks of the new trucks but im sure they'll grow on me....eventually... but i do think the Tundras are pretty ugly. looks like a giant helmet or something. kind of like Darth Helmet :p

sixt5

Established Member
ALL we use on the farm are chevys cause my boss is VERY brand loyal. he HATED to buy a f450 cause chevy quit making a 4500 gas model, and they went v10 ford which sucks.

all of our trucks are 4x4 v6 long bed. we regularly pull escavators and bobcats which are about 2k PAST the tow limit.

i pulled a 6k mini escavator (with 1k lb dual axle trailer) with the emergency brake on accidently. HAHA kept smelling something burning but it pulled it!!

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I purchased an 09 tundra last year and I love it. It ended my 10 year affair with Chevy. Of the 4 I've owned, ALL 4 needed EVERY IRS bushings/bearing replaced around 80-100K. My tundra gets 19 on the highway running speed limits, 17 running 75mph, 16 running 80mph. I average 14 in the city running 15-35mph max.

I drove all the trucks, minus titan, and found the tundra to be the one for me, plus the price was VERY difficult to pass on. I was between the Tundra and Ram myself. Drove the f150 and was not impressed, and the silverado just felt a bit more cramped than all the others, plus it was expensive with the 6.0 or 6.2 motors, which are the only competition for the ram's hemi and tundras 5.7. The 5.3 compared well to fords 5.4, but neither held a candle to the power of the 5.7's!

Drive them both and make a pick. I picked the Tundra and couldn't be happier.

P1020349.jpg

IMG00035-20091231-1442.jpg

IMG00043-20100102-1440.jpg

pyrocrazy

Established Member
F 150> Ram 1500 (or the towing package dakotas, those are nice too) > silverado > toyota

purdueranger

Established Member
I would vote for a dodge only if you wanted a heavy duty with a diesel. :)

I love my Cummins powered Dodge but would rather have a Silverado or F150 over a Yoda.

EZMachN

Established Member
Dad could not give me his F-150. He offered me a great deal on it and I just couldn't do it. I purchased a new '09 Silverado Hybrid instead. I test drove the Tundra's too but just couldn't beat the mpg of the hybrid. I absolutely hate driving his f-150. If I drive over 2 hours I feel like I'm drained and just not the comfort level of the Chevy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If you had to absolutely choose, id go GM.

F150 over either of those though. Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with the GM offering, i just like the Ford's fit and finish far better. A truck shouldnt have as nice an interior as the F150's do, it just makes you feel spoiled.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I can't believe how well of a truck my 07 SCREW is. Very dependable, drives like a car, extremely quiet inside, comfortable for 4 to ride in. ( indiana to OBX of NC straighthru only stopping for fuel. Not the quickest vehicle, but doesn't slow down at all pulling a trailer.
P1000555.jpg

p1000857-1.jpg

steeltoe

Established Member
My stepdad has been driving my Raptor while I've been in Iraq. He is thinking about trading his 08 Chevy 2500HD gas motor for a Raptor. We have both Chevy and Ford trucks over here and the are in the worst in environment on the plant. The level of maintenance they receive would void most factory warranties and they still perform very well. I would say you can't go wrong with either the F-150 or Chevy 1500. You should drive both.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
#1 selling TRUCK in the USA... do you suppose that there may be any reasons for that??? Or maybe that many people are misguided or flat out stupid??
I doubt it ... You need to at least drive a new FORD! Best frame in the biz. and this affect many things while using a truck.

FORD F150

1. Ford F-150
February 2010 Sales: 32,895
Change vs. February 2009: Up 39.3%
MSRP: $21,820 - $39,675
Fuel Economy: 19 mpg Hwy/14 mpg City
The 2010 Ford F-150 pickup truck delivers outstanding performance with its distinct trim levels, equipment packages and its broad range of cab styles and pickup box lengths.
The F-150 trims consist of the rugged and reliable XL, the sporty STX, the versatile and well-equipped XLT, the durable FX4 and the luxurious Lariat. Each trim boasts its own unique styling, appearance and capabilities. All 2010 F-150's come equipped with a V8 engine and an automatic transmission. A 2-valve 4.6-liter V8 is mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission, and a 3-valve 4.6-liter or 5.4-liter V8 are mated to a new 6-speed automatic transmission. The F-150's versatility offers 4x2 or 4x4 drive systems, three cab styles, three pickup box lengths and a host of option groups and available features. The F-150 can be ordered in millions of combinations to suit specific needs and individual tastes. The King Ranch, the Harley-Davidson and the Platinum Edition packages add to the refinement and distinctiveness of this pickup truck.

2010 Ford F-150 | Official Site of the Ford F-150 | FordVehicles.com
2010 Ford F-150 Compare Models | Official Site of the Ford F-150 | FordVehicles.com

Listen to this guy.:beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread