In the market for a truck... Silverado or Tundra?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Is this a rhetorical question? It's like going to a Supra website and asking the same thing.

tistan

Established Member
Just look at all the problems and recalls the Tundra has had then ask yourself if you want one. My freind bought a Tundra that he drives a lot. It is a comfortable ride, but comfort doesn't make up for water pump going bad and transmission leak from the tail shaft. From what he was saying, there are a lot of people have problems with the water pump going bad.

Gooch03

Established Member
I work with a guy who has a silverado just like the one in the photos. I think after you look at it you will see how cheap the interior and such is on it. Nice exterior, but I'd still take an F-150. My 04 has 103000 on it and still runs strong, except for the new tranny I had to get :(

65fastback2+2

Established Member
F150!

love my 07

5930_588421631558_38701349_34847206_1487648_n.jpg

Gooch03

Established Member
trogdors4x4-albums-new-tires-picture58879-2009-07-17-12-44-55.jpg

Thats mine, I love it. Like I said earlier I'm bummed I lost my tranny, but things happen. Its a great truck and has held up well.

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
You should at least test drive the F-150. The quality is solid. The GMCs aren't too bad if you must have a GM. I would never buy a Tundra.

sixt5

Established Member
what do you plan on doing with it?

vortec max ftw!

my 2wd sierra 5.3 runs pretty good but its not that fast lol. i've always had a soft spot for a blue silverado SS too.

Jroc

Established Member
Ford and Chevy build the best trucks period. The Toyota's frame isn't even fully boxed. Every other full-size truck has been using a fully boxed frame for years.

My bosses 07/08 Tundra 2x4 has had a few problems. I know one of them is he had to have a couple of wheel bearings replaced, and the truck wasn't even a year old.

I would go with the Ford because I'm brand loyal to them, but GM also makes great trucks. If you're wanting a Crew the 09+ F150's back seat puts the new GM trucks back seat to shame. The 09 F150 crews cab grew 7", and every bit of it went to the back seats. There is a ton of room back there.

I recommend you go drive the Ford and GM trucks and pick the one you like better.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Like many others have said, I would at least test drive an F150. If you are dead set on either the Chevy or Toyota, go with the Chevy.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
I have a white 07 NBS crew cab Z-71 silervado. By far the best vehicle I have owned. 0 problems and great on gas. it does mostly highway miles and I get 21-22 mpg every tank. Around 18 in city.

I would be willing to sell if you are looking into buying used...

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have a white 07 NBS crew cab Z-71 silervado. By far the best vehicle I have owned. 0 problems and great on gas. it does mostly highway miles and I get 21-22 mpg every tank. Around 18 in city.

I would be willing to sell if you are looking into buying used...

best vehicle you have ever owned but u are going to sell it?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I vote for the chevy...since I work at the truck engine plant :). Its a good reliable motor. Plus if you get the 1500 LTZ package you can get the 6.2L aluminum block 400+ hp version :rockon:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Of the two, Silverado. We drove an 09 Z71 as a loaner when our Camaro was in for warranty work, it was a pretty nice truck. The radio controls drove me nuts though. We've been seriously looking at the new Dodges, they're getting rave reviews and I really like the way they look. Plus, they have screaming deals going on right now. The F150 just looks old and blah to me compared to the Silverado and Ram.

Dodge - 2010 Ram 1500 - Innovations - Trophy Room

Users who are viewing this thread