Input needed on front aero help, Terminator

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

As most of you already know, my 'Secret Weapon' made its debut at Gingerman a week ago. In August I'm heading to Road America and I'm looking for some aero for the front end. The car is a mixed breed with a Terminator front bumper cover and hood.

Dar sent me this Maier Racing link for the front end and I'm wodering if anyone has had any experience with them or if they can offer suggestions on other sources.

Here's the Meier link:

05 and Up Fiberglass

Right now I'm only looking at the splitter and spoiler which are the two different components that make up the assembled parts on the bottom photos.

Thanks!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
Heres another source you can check out. Tiger-Racing

What about the aero package Tim Brown is running on his R?

Steve:

Yes, I'm familiar with the Tiger racing stuff but replacing the entire front end is something I'd like to avoid doing at this time. I just need a little aero help in the facia area.

I did talk to Andy about getting one of his C/F 2000 R front splitters and figuring out a way to adapt it but I'm thinking that's going to be a lot of work as well.

Hoping someeoe can show me the easy way out?!! ;-) The Meier stuff looks pretty easy!

racebronco2

Established Member
The meier stuff is too low in my opinion. I'm almost positive bracing needs to be added for the speeds we take our cars up to. The splitter i have is 5" off the ground with the top of the wheel wells at 27". I am using a mach 1 chin spoiler now. Before the mach 1 spiltter i just used the factory chin spoiler. With the cobra chin spoiler i had no problems with the attachments i used up to 145mph. With the mach 1 chin spoiler the added downforce actaully ripped out 6 #8 screw that were holding the center attached to the car. So it seems like the stock chin spoiler did nothing for downforce. With the mach 1 + splitter i can now go faster thru a sweeper now, speeds before was 87mph and plowing a little on exit and afterwards speeds were 90mph and no plowing. I could have gone faster but my alternator took a crap to i never did find the max speed yet. Below are picture.
splitter11medium.jpg

splitter12medium.jpg

splitter13medium.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
I have 5 cables holding up the splitter, you can see 3 of them but i 2 more in the corners. I had to make brackets so i could attach the cables. I wasn't about to pay 60.00 for each support ($300.00 for 5). I can stand on the splitter now. Several people at c-c say to use thin plywood so in case you do go off track it will break on impact. I used 1/4 abs(90.00 4' x 8') plastic instead of 1/2 (240.00 4'x 8'). I welded a piece or 20 gauge angle to the k-member so the splitter fits between the angle and the steering rack. I added flat stock with some "u" brackets at each corner of the bumper cover, under the radiator support and at the front of the bumper cover. I do not have pictures of the mounts but i do have extra cable brackets.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Carlos:

Thanks for the info! I don't have a problem with too low. In fact, I'd prefer it. If it gets too low to load and unload the car in the hauler I can make it removable.

I also have easy access on both sides for a turn-buckle/rod end supports so supporting it shouldn't be a big deal.

So you have the Mach chin spoiler and then you attached the homemade flat sheet/splitter on the bottom? Correct?

racebronco2

Established Member
The splitter was fabbed up with the stock chin spoiler. When i went with the mach 1 chin spoiler the 2 front mounts stayed the same and i had to raise up the sides to match the mach 1 chin spoiler. The splitter is attached independently front the mach 1 chin spoiler.

I was thinking about the meier set-up til i found out shipping would be around 100.00 and i live in the same state. 550.00 was out of my price range.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks Dan. :-D

I've already ordered the Maier stuff:

FrontSplitter.jpg

I think it's going to fit my needs the best based on what I want to do. I'm going to try and pan off the bottom of the front end as well. We shall see what happens.

Thanks for the input guys!

BlackStripes

Established Member
Very nice Bruce (I am getting mine in a month or two).... question, When I talked to them, i thought their piece is for the 99-01 Cobra front end... is the one you are getting special for the 03/04 front end?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very nice Bruce (I am getting mine in a month or two).... question, When I talked to them, i thought their piece is for the 99-01 Cobra front end... is the one you are getting special for the 03/04 front end?

They are telling me it fits '99-'04.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Well as it turns out, they were advertising this as a '99-'04 but apparently it only is a '99-'01. So........ they just called and said they are making a new mold to do the '03-'04 version as well. I guess I'm getting the first one! :-D

Most likely it's not going to be here in time for my August 7th Road America event so I'll probably be slow as hell! :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread