Input on a 2014 GT500 Purchase

badmammajamma

Established Member
When I bought my 2014 GT500 I was lucky to get an allocation and that was in May. I live in the NYC area and used a high volume dealer and they had to go upstate to their other dealership and use it's allocation. The sales manager had a BOSS and you could tell he would love the GT500 but they sold all they got.

As anyone will tell you the car is amazing and I will add my name to that list as well but lets face it no one buys a new car and does not like it (rarely) but this is a very special car. I have mine with all the performance packages but minus the electronics, glass roof and shaker. If you can buy at invoice grab it quick. Check eBay and see what they are going for the car is still popular.

Another feature no one really mentions is the interior it is really nice! No not BMW nice with the espresso colored leather and the piano black woodwork but functionally very very attractive especially with the Recaro seats I love mine.

I do not think this model or the 2013 will go "out of style" I think they will "burn well"..and look better and better for years to come even if they come out with a lighter twin turbo putting out 800hp. This style is gone after the next few hundred cars are built..

One other thing that is mentioned is this car will "bite you" and yes it will and it will make you a better driver as you strive from keeping it from biting you. I have never spent so much time winding out 1st gear..and the sound it makes when you perfectly rev-match a downshift at 20mph is amazing..

Two words "Buy it".

Last edited:

mikejaeggi

Established Member
that's an awesome deal, I would jump on it. at worse, you can drive the shelby for awhile and if you didn't love it (which I highly doubt) you could sell it for probably what you paid and get another Boss or something else.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I'll probably drive the one I'm going to buy. What sucks is the SC doesn't kick in right away and I don't want to put many miles on it in case I don't buy. At this price even if I only kept it for a one year I'd probably at the very least break even.

Just have the salesman in secret start the car 50 times. That is the magic number right? No miles on the car, supercharger unlocked.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
There's a 2014 on eBay right now for $61100
OBO. It had everything except track pack and the glass roof.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The car will NOT feel raw, just so you know. It's refined and composed and predictable. Not a + or a -, just letting you know what to expect. :beer:

03SonicStang

Established Member
I had my sights on a 2012 GT500 until Tuesday, when I had the opportunity to drive a 13. Needless to say I pulled the trigger on a 13 I've had my eyes on.

I guess its up to you...I sold my 2003 03 Cobra that I owned for 11 years with 19K on the clock because I've always wanted a Shelby. It was tough but I feel will be worth it in the end. Damn, I already miss that car

Good luck on your decision!

TFStang

Established Member
Getting one of these at invoice is an incredible deal to say the least! I would jump on that in a heartbeat. Don't even think about it because whoever that dealer is can surely sell it for much higher than that. The money you save right out of the gate will make it worth it. That, plus this car is simply amazing!

reason4treason

Established Member
Getting a 2014 GT500 for invoice? Must be true...it is on the interweb.

i'd guess there are an extremely small number of people who can get a '14 for invoice because obviously the dealer could get at least a thousand more, and quite likely two thousand.

possibly even some deals a smidge under invoice were gotten with the '13s in 2012 because one tactic a small number of people used was to go to some incredibly tiny dealer out in Bumfugg who almost exclusively sells pickup trucks and might not even keep any Mustang in stock, and offer to pay 1/2 of his $2000 bi-annual SVT fee. some people did that. those were dealers who never sold a Shelby in their life.

i did get $1K over invoice on my '13 but that was because the dealer was just going to see if they got any additional allocations at the end of the year....even though they did not tell me that until 3 months later. as it turned out, they did get an additional allocation and i got the car at that price.

with winter just around the corner, prices in lots of places are gonna drop. even so, invoice is still extremely unusual to find on a new '14, and probably super tough to find even on a new '13. {maybe i should say 'super rare' rather than 'super tough' because it's not terribly difficult to lookup the common listing sites for new/used cars. there just aren't many at that price level}. some dealers just want to blow out inventory asap and of course, in the business world, social 'connections' can make the seemingly impossible happen.

invoice is definitely not impossible...however close to impossible it may be. horse shoes, hand grenades, and now this. sometimes close counts.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
They're offering me $36,500 trade on my 13 Boss with 11,000 miles. Is that a good value?

Will my JLT catch cans from my 2011 GT500 work with the 14?

bpmurr

Established Member
Going to pick up the Shelby tonight. With the tax savings it would be like a $38,500 private sale. Which I might do $500 to $1000 better on my own but I don't know if that's worth the time and hassle.

Para81

Established Member
The Shelby is sweet but I wouldn't let a Boss get away. Try to own both if you can, if not keep the Boss.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to drive a 13 or 14 GT500 so I don't know what that experience is like compared to my Boss. My last GT500 was a 2011 with the SVT Package and I enjoyed it. I do like the raw nature of the Boss and how balanced it is. Unfortunately that raw nature can also be a curse sometimes because it's not the best daily driver during the Spring/Summer/Fall.

The only reason I'm even contemplating this is because of the deal I can get as I'm heading into the time of year I'll barely drive it. However, I have positive equity in my Boss and it brings strong trade value. Which also helps cut down on the 6% MD sales tax.

Decisions, decisions...

I had the same Boss you have and I miss it so much. Very balance and I thought it was a great daily driver. I should be getting my GT500 in a week, so I'll let you know what I think. I only ordered this GT500 because they wrecked my Boss, otherwise it would have been a supercharged Boss. Anyways I had a 2010 GT500 and what I missed the most once I had the Boss was the torque. Either way, just make the Boss faster or make the Shelby handle better but neither is a wrong choice. Think of this, less Bosses than Shelbys but no more Carroll Shelby to make more Cobras.

bpmurr

Established Member
Picked her up tonight and it was a fun drive home. They didn't move on it but I did get a straight invoice deal with 1.79% financing.

10147374995_9462de3b1e_o.jpg

10147374985_0a89a2bc28_o.jpg

10147374885_ed6eda94bc_o.jpg

Last edited:

roll-n

Established Member
Congratulations, I picked mine up last Friday. What are your first thoughts? I had trouble leaving the dealership, as I was fish-tailing, the wife was cracking up. It's been a long time since I had my 04 Terminator... I just forgot to not use the same amount of throttle as our trade in--which was a BMW 335i.

bpmurr

Established Member
Congratulations, I picked mine up last Friday. What are your first thoughts? I had trouble leaving the dealership, as I was fish-tailing, the wife was cracking up. It's been a long time since I had my 04 Terminator... I just forgot to not use the same amount of throttle as our trade in--which was a BMW 335i.

The clutch release point is way different than my Boss. It's going to take me a little while to get used to. It certainly feels more refined inside and out than my Boss which I like. I can you right now that the glass roof is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread