Intake/tune 2013 5.0 vs bone stock WS6

htk084

Established Member
Exactly. Look at the GTR. That should lose to Challenger on paper ...

No it shouldn't. GTR has 60 more hp, weighs 400 lbs less, has a twin clutch transmission and has all wheel drive so traction is never an issue.

Not even close to a comparison on paper. Hate to say it, but barring no driving error, most of the time what wins on paper wins in real life. It's real simple- hp to the wheels and curb weight determine MOST of the results

chuckstang

Established Member
No it shouldn't. GTR has 60 more hp, weighs 400 lbs less, has a twin clutch transmission and has all wheel drive so traction is never an issue.

Not even close to a comparison on paper. Hate to say it, but barring no driving error, most of the time what wins on paper wins in real life. It's real simple- hp to the wheels and curb weight determine MOST of the results
Plus a million, it aint rocket science folks

SVTKen

Established Member
One thing that people dont think about is who is driving the car.

Unfortunately I only got to make 3 passes in my 3 day old WS6 but I ran 13.3 on my first pass and then a 13.2 and a 13.1. I know with some practice it was a 12 second car. One thing that people dont get is that not every Terminator runs mid 12s stock (mine did) and not every new 5.0 runs mid 12s stock and most of it is due to the driver.Im not saying the WS6 in the vid was stock but just that anything is possible because the driver is what makes the car run the number.
When my WS6 had just a lid I outran just about every stock 03 Cobra that I raced and every time I was called a liar but I would bet money that those guys that called me a liar were the Cobra owners that went to the track and ran mid 13s and there was a ton of them at the time.

You are so right about the driver, especially if the race is on street tires from less than 30 mph.

IShb3w

Established Member
WS6 could have completely worked heads and no one would know. Would appear stock and run like a "factory freak". Way too many variables. The Stang lost. Deal with it.

19935.slow

Established Member

Your right, that is why we just watched a stock ws6 take down a 5.0.

Don't lose anymore sleep dude.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The problem is you do your racing on paper.
Your right, that is why we just watched a stock ws6 take down a 5.0.
Don't lose anymore sleep dude.
This whole time people posting slip's on car's and faster trap speeds stock, I thought it was legit. Looks like I was wrong, it was all paper racing. Back to the fart can's it is, it may lose on paper but its a faster car. :rockon:

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Never seen so many people in denial. HAHA! You guys surely under estimate one and over estimate the other. LOL

Great read. I'd like for someone to check out the WS6 and find that it is truely 100% stock. That would make my life!

19935.slow

Established Member
This whole time people posting slip's on car's and faster trap speeds stock, I thought it was legit. Looks like I was wrong, it was all paper racing. Back to the fart can's it is, it may lose on paper but its a faster car. :rockon:
Yup, even slips don't win street races.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I raced a 300C Hemi, tune only. They all thought my car was stock, no tune, nothing. However, it was AED tuned, driveshaft, BMR suspension, lighter wheels, etc. I won, but was expected.

No way the WS6 is stock. Goes back to the ol' classic LS1 "cam only" lie.

SonicBeast

Established Member
Makes me miss my TA. Mine was full bolt ons and a big cam but I never got to run it. Did a best of 13.0 with and intake and catback. I think it's very possible it was stock and just had a good driver and maybe some weight reduction. My TA beat up on plenty of cars it "should" have lost to.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
am i the only one that saw the freaking smoke dumping out the exhaust and the red shift light on the ws6? c'mon ppl its not a stock car

Users who are viewing this thread