Internet speed

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you have the new Cox Panoramic modem/router, you have the ability to get over 300 down and at least 50 up with their top tier plan. Im hardwired to the modem/router and at first was only getting 2 down and .25 up.

Cox advised me to check my ethernet drivers. low and behold they were out of date. Updated the driver and holy crap 300+up.

Check your drivers!

snakedoctor

Established Member
ok, I got on the phone with customer support. When I hard wired the ethernet to my laptop I'm getting 250 exactly. When I hardwired to my xbox 360 I'm only getting 21 so something is up with the xbox. Can the xbox support that much speed?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
ok, I got on the phone with customer support. When I hard wired the ethernet to my laptop I'm getting 250 exactly. When I hardwired to my xbox 360 I'm only getting 21 so something is up with the xbox. Can the xbox support that much speed?
Are you using the same ethernet cable to test? Im not sure what the speed is rated for on the 360 but im sure its more than 21.

Stanger00

Established Member
Most likely equipment and not service related. Check your equipment for the latest firmware updates and if they are modems than the service provider will need to update it on their end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill_W1N

Established Member

You could have a strict NAT type that is limiting your connection on your XBOX, just google how to make your xbox faster with port forwarding.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i would test the 360 by using the exact same setup (chord, port and all) as you used on the laptop. The 360 supports up to 100. Im not sure what bottlenecks may exist as far as drivers, settings etc...

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
speed.PNG

Machdup1

Established Member
Yes, that's the wireless speed. Didn't realize wireless loses compared to hard wired.
Wireless has multiple standards that have different speeds so your device and your router both can limit your speed. The distance from the router will also reduce your speed based on signal strength.

The only true test of cable speed is to plug a wired device directly into the providers handoff and run the test.

Users who are viewing this thread