Ironhand Racing's New IR-122

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudycobra

Established Member
After almost a full year in the black I have decided to publicly announce the IR-122.

Between myself and Aric, we have fought many problems along the way between, manufacturing issues, time constraints, dynos being replaced, and unavailable tuner.

This was intended for the budget minded horsepower enthusiast with the goal to bridge the gap between a Ported Eaton and a Twin Screw.

With the standard eaton too small to effectively make power we tried an experiment and we sent the lil' ol' baby Eaton to the gym. The blower also uses all 8 of the bolts on the case to insure proper oil seal and rotor stability.

The prototype consists of:

2.0L Eaton Rotors.
Posi Ported Dragon Throttle Body, Plenum, & Blower Case.
Custom Pulley With Machined Snout.

IMAG0124.gif

At this time we aren't sure if we will produce this with more to follow later.

Patent Pending.

Been waiting to see wat u were talking about ! Looks great hope to see more testing .

Rudy

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
that this is going to scream on the dyno...Hd video please!!!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
In for info, I was planning on going with a Posi when I got back from deployment.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
that this is going to scream on the dyno...Hd video please!!!

There will be video for sure. It will be the loudest Posi Ported Eaton ever! :banana:

Blower is getting a paint job over the next couple days before install. I'll post pics of it once she's dried and put back together.

Ironhand

Banned
So i hate to ask, but if these go in to production, who are you going to have do all the work since Brian has closed up shop?

I cant really give you an answer on that right now.

I would like it to be me or Brian that does the porting. It's the only two options IMO.

ctgreddy

Established Member
awesome! how much power are you expecting? if this could click off 600 on pump gas i'd be amazed and would buy one asap. i only want around 600whp on pump and even a tvs is expensive to me, if something could bridge the gap price wise between a ported eaton and a ts it'd be awesome!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is great for the Terminator community, Cory. Glad to see this, especially now that Brian has shut down his business. If you can handle the porting (I'm sure Brian would pass on some of his experience/knowledge to you) and the price is right, the Terminator community has another blower option. Hope it all work out for you. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to hearing your testing results.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
i only want around 600whp on pump and even a tvs is expensive to me, if something could bridge the gap price wise between a ported eaton and a ts it'd be awesome!

I am totally with you on only wanting around 600whp, while this isnt my DD I dont wanna have to run DR's all the time with gobs of unusable power.

Once I read about Posi moving on I started pricing Whipples (no TVS for me, want to keep the EGR for emissions). While the price isnt horrible on a TS its still more than I wanted to spend on HP, especially since I wouldnt be pushing the blower to its full potential.

I am extremely interested in this project, cant wait for some updates!!!

keith89

Established Member
wow very interested. perhaps a little more info? Maybe I missed a thread.
From what i can gather, it's the stock case ported with new rotors and snout? Sounds like a great option. I was thinking of going tvs but I think i'll wait to see how this turns out. I already have a stieg 4+ port. Would it need to be ported further?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Always nice to read threads like this with people still developing new products for our now "old" cars.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread