Is an auto 5.0 any slower than a manual 5.0 from a roll?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I just can't be proud of something when it takes no skill to do. A 10.99 time slip in an auto would mean nothing to me. Just personal opinion. I don't care if a guy in an auto beats me. He didn't beat me, his car/tuner beat me.

11.54 on a TVS car isn't smoking. And the guy with the auto who beats you. Beat you with his car and him driving it.
Consistency is the key to winning $$$
Rowing is for boats.

D.T.R

Established Member
The road was still a bit wet. That's why I had to pedal it. On a dry road it won't spin enough for me to pedal it. I ran 11.4 at the track but I have some suspenssion things I have to iron out and I have to get rid of the 4.10. An auto would rape me at the drag strip but from a roll they don't have any advantage. It would be a driver race.

11.4@ what mph ?
Your car sounds like it runs solid man.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
The only tools are you manual guys think you guys are gods gift to driving. This is what this whole thread turned to......."so what if I'm slower at least I'm not bored"

Who wants a transmission that can break on N/A power, then you try to add FI now you just turned that POS tranny into a ticking time bomb. Besides there not an MT82 on the planet that can withstand the power I plan on throwing at the Auto. Like I said earlier, show me a non shop car running 9s with that POS and if there is one I can guarantee you there isn't any 8s!

/End thread

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
11.4@ what mph ?
Your car sounds like it runs solid man.

Thanks..123 I think it was. The shifting to fifth totaly kills the et and mph. I will go again when I put 3.31 back on hopefully soon. And I will add timing and race fuel to get a solid 10 out of the stock clutch. I don't really want a track weapon. Is mostly a coffee car but if it was an auto it would be a track weapon for sure.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'm sure there is some driver error in that pass, but i'm also sure that have I had a stalled auto, I would have went at least 11.0s even on the first pass off the trailer...

Yea with a stalled auto anything is possible right? Hit the gas and steer.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Consistency is the key to winning $$$
Rowing is for boats.

This photo should say.....

"Bro, he's leaving us...row the gears faster."

334023620_3da4e7a5c8.jpg

Yea with a stalled auto anything is possible right? Hit the gas and steer.

you-mad-bro-.jpg

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
This photo should say.....

"Bro, he's leaving us...row the gears faster."

334023620_3da4e7a5c8.jpg

you-mad-bro-.jpg

:lol:

Atleast we can shoot the shit civilized. We are after all on the same team :rockon:
Even though some of y'all lazy asses can't row your gears lol I kid I kid

Riptide

Established Member
The way you guys talk about the MT82 its glass. Ive seen 3650 put up with some abuse.. Just sayin' ;)

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Reading this thread makes me wish I would of bought a 09+ ctsv. Even though they argue the same thing on those boards. Something just makes it gay when auto owners are comparing the cars to top fuel dragsters.

If I sold my '13 I would buy a ctsv for sure... Not a one year newer GT :poke:

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread