Is it too late to save Generation Y (Millennials)?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Lack of discipline and consequences breeds lack of morals. I'd be more worried about the fate of our species in general considering pending global population saturation and a decline in other species. We will see a great plague and/or war before the end of our lifetimes. Less worried about bratty kids.

+1

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
It's technology that is making people stupid. Kids today are so used to phones and computers doing and answering everything for them that nothing is learned by them today. Parents are never there for their kids because they have this technology that keeps kids occupied for them. So i guess it's lazy parents too that contribute to this.

I saw a google commercial a couple months ago where a kid was typing into the search function "How do I ask a girl out" I literally let out a big sigh and thought to myself "this planet is so ****ed"...

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Technology.

The higher the level of technology, the lazier people will become.

Entitlement, lack of parenting skills as time goes by, more people needing govt assistance......govt growing at insane rate....the future is fairly easy to predict if you step back and take a big long look.

Jbstang87

Established Member
Look people have been worrying about every single generation on earth since the beginning. Then the older generation gets really old, then dies, and the world keeps spinning. We will find a way to make it in the world, maybe it will not be the conventional standards of success as a group.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I am a tail ender Baby Boomer.

I worked my ass off when I was younger and took all the money away from future generations:D

That worked for me:bored:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Look people have been worrying about every single generation on earth since the beginning. Then the older generation gets really old, then dies, and the world keeps spinning. We will find a way to make it in the world, maybe it will not be the conventional standards of success as a group.

It's not about if the world keeps spinning, but more about the fact we may get it spinning to fast that we can't catch up or slow it down.

I'm sure it's just a nature cyclical process that happens every "n" generation, but eventually the choices made by the masses will take a turn for the worse that can't be fixed. I'm just concerned that with technological advancements in the past 2 decades, coupled with the entitled nature of Gen Y, we made be headed out to sea quicker than normal.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It's technology that is making people stupid. Kids today are so used to phones and computers doing and answering everything for them that nothing is learned by them today. Parents are never there for their kids because they have this technology that keeps kids occupied for them. So i guess it's lazy parents too that contribute to this.

I saw a google commercial a couple months ago where a kid was typing into the search function "How do I ask a girl out" I literally let out a big sigh and thought to myself "this planet is so ****ed"...

Technology.

Entitlement, lack of parenting skills as time goes by, more people needing govt assistance......govt growing at insane rate....the future is fairly easy to predict if you step back and take a big long look.

I absolutely blame lack of parenting in todays society, because it's essentially what it boils down to in most cases, IMO.

As for that Google commercial, I too did the same thing. But then I thought about it this way...maybe the kid's parents aren't parents to him, his dad hasn't helped him through the "crush" stage as a young boy, which makes me feel more sad for the kid and angry at the adult than anything else.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I agree every generation has those specific individuals who are like that but I think it's hard to argue that the percentage of individuals like that aren't increasing. Too many people have superficial beliefs and desires nowadays. You could say the emergence of facebook plays a part. I feel like everybody nowadays just wants to show out

Blown 89

Established Member
Every generation says the same thing about the generations after them. They will be fine.

The older generations are leaving a real mess for them to clean up and they will be forced to face reality and will be fine. They will personally and universally as a nation be in debt up to their eyeballs but it will be good for them to come to grips with their fiscal mistakes.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Every generation says the same thing about the generations after them. They will be fine.

The older generations are leaving a real mess for them to clean up and they will be forced to face reality and will be fine. They will personally and universally as a nation be in debt up to their eyeballs but it will be good for them to come to grips with their fiscal mistakes.

Problem is I'm part of this generation speaking against it.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Technology.

eventually society will turn into the movie "Her"

Looking further ahead I say it will turn into Wall-E. But how long will it take?

Problem is I'm part of this generation speaking against it.

I get where you're coming from. Too many people are letting the technology be the 'parents' and the biggest influence in a kid's life, and it's not good when you see what's on TV.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looking further ahead I say it will turn into Wall-E. But how long will it take?

I get where you're coming from. Too many people are letting the technology be the 'parents' and the biggest influence in a kid's life, and it's not good when you see what's on TV.

We won't make it to space before everything goes to shit.

Excellent point on the TV comment.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
IT all stems from the high cost of living and the piss poor value of the dollar driving the average family to having both spouses HAVE to work.
Mom and dad arent there and the kids just eat up the games, movies, tv, and facebook. Jesus christ facebook. An invention with so much god damn potential for good, totally pissed away as what is mostly drama, bs, crap, and shit that isn't worth the time. I have one, but it's to keep in touch with people easier.
Anyhow, thats most of it. I notice that being distant from your parents untill you are mid 20s is very common with my friends in our generation. I'm 26 btw. Going to school, working full time, trying to get the **** out. It sucks right now because it seems that my friends with anything less than a 4 year degree are barely out earning me. And no I don't make alot.

Go Down South

Established Member
Yolo, cray, bae and all these other stupid words people my age use is enough to annoy the **** out of me. I tend to ignore them. I'm 23 and while I don't think our generation is absolutely ****ed, I do believe many people my age are idiots. This is why my group of friends is very, very small.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I'm sure my fathers generation felt the same way about mine. I'll tell you what worries me about the current group of young kids. They live their lives online, spend all day looking at youtube, and still can't figure out to turn the ****ing phone on it's side when recording videos. I realize getting the fight on video is waaay more important than doing something to help the person getting assaulted, but you should be able to think about more than one thing at a time.. if all you're going to do is make a video, at least make a good video. My point is, if all you're going to do is one thing, at least do that one thing well.
My previous job, I had a bunch of young kids come through and a lot of them were good people and I was glad to see them move on to bigger and better things. We should be fine. If the shit hits the fan, those that stand up will be fine and those that don't will be left behind. Darwin may not be prevalent right now, but when things go bad he will come back into play big time. People will reset and time will move on.

Users who are viewing this thread