is the 4v faster than a 2v

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I'm laying down about 494 pounds. I quess your friends right 4 valves don't have torque.:p

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
:bs: 380rwhp running 10.50's???

Ok.... want to come up here to chicago and watch it run....

Its a 98 GT with full weight reduction (ie no interior except for a seat), tubular k member, yadayada.

motor is a 2v with ported heads, custom intake manifold, cams, Longtubes, etc. Car runs skinnies up front and slicks outback.

with his new motor setup he will be at or over 400whp and WILL hit 10.30's. He cuts 1.5x 60's for christ sake....

Don't EVER call BS on anything I post. I have nothing to gain by lying...

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
wow this is like déjà vu. my retarded ass "friend" who has a 96 gt said the almost exact same thing. i raced him and rolled him so bad his dumbass face lit up like a baboon's ass. even if the guy is a "better" driver, the gt does not even come close to the cobra. there is a reason why it's a cobra, and not a gt lmao.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
I drive a strong stock 96 GT... where is all this torque this guy is talking about?

This car is fun, its slick in the canyons, its quick in town... but it does NOT pull. I got to play with a semi-modded 97 with even worse 3.08 gears... and it had NOTHING. Felt like my 6000lb Cadillac could pull it down. The guy who said these cars have more torque than a 4V is obviously a KIA owner and has never ridden in a Cobra.

From what i've seen, the 4V's have plenty ov torque, if you know how to drive them. But its relative. Does it compare to my 10.5:1 472 Caddy? No. But still one hell ov a starting point. If torque is ALL you're after, boost it.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
tell him to throw a $4k supercharger on that GT of his and you go throw some $200 4.30s in your cobra and $300 tires and kick him in the balls when he cant pull on you

I hope you are kidding. If your not, I'll race :coolman:

We still have the 99-04 GT's by 15rwtq bone stock.
:shrug: What are you talking about? Stock for stock they are close with the GT's having a little more TQ but the 4v definitely has more HP.

To the original poster. Mod for mod the 4v will be faster but the 2v does make better power below 4000rpm. From a dig the 2v will feel a little faster than the 4v but once you really get going the 4v will eventually pull. A good example of this is looking at stock 1/4 times and trap speeds. Both 96-98 cobras and 99-04 GT's can hit high 13's stock. It is harder for the 2v to do it but it is possible. The 2v will generally hit high 13's at 99-101 where the 4v will hit high 13's at 101-103.

Like everyone else has said, a bolt on on 99-04 GT will give a fairly stock 96-98 cobra a good race.

97 slowbra

Banned
i say that a 4v is faster than a 2v...this guy says a 2v will be better because the 4v has no low end torque...which is better for a drag race???:bash:

Hahahahah @ this thread for even being posted...only on very high horsepower applications is it better to have to have 2 big valves over 4 smaller ones (thats what ive read atleast)

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
:shrug: What are you talking about? Stock for stock they are close with the GT's having a little more TQ but the 4v definitely has more HP.

To the original poster. Mod for mod the 4v will be faster but the 2v does make better power below 4000rpm. From a dig the 2v will feel a little faster than the 4v but once you really get going the 4v will eventually pull. A good example of this is looking at stock 1/4 times and trap speeds.

The stock Cobra has 300tq and the GT has I believe 285, so how is that not more? :shrug: I totally disagree that a 99-04 GT feels faster than a 4v from a dig. Mine pulls the hardest in 1st gear with just 3.73's.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
I hope you are kidding. If your not, I'll race :coolman:

You do realize that 4.30s in a cobra with tires is damn near a 12 second car correct?

Full exhaust and its pretty much guaranteed.

I would race you in a minute and i bet anyone here with that set up would and you would be shocked that you will be losing till 4th gear

cobrapower7

Established Member
I wouldnt rule out the 2v!!!!

wow this is like déjà vu. my retarded ass "friend" who has a 96 gt said the almost exact same thing. i raced him and rolled him so bad his dumbass face lit up like a baboon's ass. even if the guy is a "better" driver, the gt does not even come close to the cobra. there is a reason why it's a cobra, and not a gt lmao.

I think you need to do some research first before you just thinking that a NA 4v will beat any NA 2v and calling people retarted. The only thing retarded is the amount of power the 2v motor is capable of making when put together correctly. If you dont believe me you can look at the graph below or contact logan motorsports. Their stuff is on the web! And honestly as a proud cobra owner i wish it wasnt true..cause it would destroy my car!

Jason_Hertel.jpg

'95yellowGT

Established Member
4v FTMFW always has more potential guys duh. from a dig stock vs. stock maybe close at first but when that cobra starts climbing rpms in 2nd and then in to 3rd its all over for the 2v

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
The stock Cobra has 300tq and the GT has I believe 285, so how is that not more? :shrug: I totally disagree that a 99-04 GT feels faster than a 4v from a dig. Mine pulls the hardest in 1st gear with just 3.73's.

You need to check the facts. The 99-04 2V is rated at 302TQ and that is a little underrated since most dyno's show them making around 310-315TQ. If you don't believe me look it up. If you were referring to a 98 GT then you are correct but you were not so you are mistaken. As far as your car pulling the hardest in first, well....... I am not sure how to tell you this but all cars pull the hardest in 1st gear. I'm not trying to be an a$$ but your comment does not really make sense.

You do realize that 4.30s in a cobra with tires is damn near a 12 second car correct?

I do not disagree that a full bolt on cobra with gears and Drag radials could hit high 12's. But how would a car that runs low 13's to high 12's that traps 105-107mph be faster than a car that runs mid to high 12's at 110+ mph?

4v Mach 1 motor > any other NA 4.6 2v or 4v :-D

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I think you need to do some research first before you just thinking that a NA 4v will beat any NA 2v and calling people retarted. The only thing retarded is the amount of power the 2v motor is capable of making when put together correctly. If you dont believe me you can look at the graph below or contact logan motorsports. Their stuff is on the web! And honestly as a proud cobra owner i wish it wasnt true..cause it would destroy my car!

This kind of comment is why this thread started off badly, and is going down hill fast. Where did he say a NA 4v will beat any 2v? Give me a break. He was talking about a 96 GT, and by the way the op's ignorant friend spoke, you would have to assume the subject was stock cars to begin with. The op stated that the person he was talking to stated that fundamentaly, a 2v would be faster than a 4v becasue of it's greater torque.

Coming on here trying to make an argument that didn't exist about a car that once upon a time made this or that is a waste of everyone's time, and not either helping or answering the question at hand. Yeah, my old roommate used to have a 2000 Gt that put down 380 at the tires. So what? You want to know how much money it cost to make that happen? He could have bought a 03/04 Cobra and put a KB on it for the same price. If that's what you want to do, do it. But it doesn't change the fact at hand. The 4v's are faster stock for stock, and mod for mod, so I don't understand what everyone is arguing about.

BTW, that car my friend had was a beast for sure, but it damn sure wasn't a 10.50 car. You HAVE to dump weight and set it up for drag racing to get that kind of "time" out of it.

95PGTTech

Established Member
OP: if compared fairly, a 4V will ALWAYS be more powerful and faster for all intents and purposes. whether you do basic bolt ons, mild DIY FI applications, or all out racecars. anyone who tells you differently is just a butthurt 2V owner pissed off they dropped a couple grand on Patriot Performance heads. It's very simple math...two 1" diameter valves will ALWAYS flow more than one 2" diameter valve.

/thread

Users who are viewing this thread