is the 4v faster than a 2v

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
there will be more records broken this year it will be insane! there is quite a few 2v fox bodied coupe cars entering the renegade class, and they're looking quite healthy. I know of 3 that are almost complete. There might be some new & fast 4v's coming too... but they better bring something good...

4v is like a strap on. if you can't do it with what you have, you have a problem.

And what exactly are you doing with your stock 2v's? When you do all the bolt on's for a 2v GT, any 96-04, you are getting to the power level of the stock 4v's. Sure, the 2v's make up for the difference in power a little bit with the low end torque, but that is the way they were tuned, from the FACTORY. The 4v was tuned from the factory with a better ability to breathe on the top end of the rpm range.

:lol1::lol1::lol1: PainNdaArse your alright man..

people get pissed off when they have a motor that hads twice the cams and have a power adder,that makes as much or as less as a all motor 2v

What in the hell are you two talking about?

This thread is going way away from what the op wanted. We've got people in here talking about 408's and drag racing records, both of which have nothing to do with the subject at hand. If you want to start talking about what engine/car combo can do what, start your own thread about it, and the two of you can have a great time shinning each other off about how great the 2v engine is. The fact is, stock for stock, and even bolt on for bolt on, the 32v is always going to out perform the 16v. Yeah, you can whore each car out and spend $50k and do anything you want, but once you add blowers, nitrous, and start cracking the engine open, all bets are off. You can accomplish anything you want to.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Jason, send me a PM and I'll try to help you convert those files so we can all see them.

Best part is, I have a blown 4v and would love to have a N/A 2v :)

Your car is going to sound sick with those XR-1's :)

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
OP: if compared fairly, a 4V will ALWAYS be more powerful and faster for all intents and purposes. whether you do basic bolt ons, mild DIY FI applications, or all out racecars. anyone who tells you differently is just a butthurt 2V owner pissed off they dropped a couple grand on Patriot Performance heads. It's very simple math...two 1" diameter valves will ALWAYS flow more than one 2" diameter valve.

/thread

+1. Common sense is becoming extinct. -Mark

Toasty

Established Member
i say that a 4v is faster than a 2v...this guy says a 2v will be better because the 4v has no low end torque...which is better for a drag race???:bash:

MONEY == HORSEPOWER. The more you wanna spend, the more power you make. Period. End of discussion.

Please let this thread die.

In the hopes of distracting the 'fast' and 'furious' crowd, here's some DJ Assault;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTI2xX5ttkQ"]YouTube - Dj Assault[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread