is the 4v faster than a 2v

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
:lol1::lol1::lol1: PainNdaArse your alright man..

people get pissed off when they have a motor that hads twice the cams and have a power adder,that makes as much or as less as a all motor 2v

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Got a video of a run? I'd like to see it.

Jim Snover

Ok.... want to come up here to chicago and watch it run....

Its a 98 GT with full weight reduction (ie no interior except for a seat), tubular k member, yadayada.

motor is a 2v with ported heads, custom intake manifold, cams, Longtubes, etc. Car runs skinnies up front and slicks outback.

with his new motor setup he will be at or over 400whp and WILL hit 10.30's. He cuts 1.5x 60's for christ sake....

Don't EVER call BS on anything I post. I have nothing to gain by lying...

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
i have videos but i dont know how to convert the files they are vob files..

i have nothing to prove to anyone, its a nmra race car so you cant lie about what the car runs. just put it this way it will run in the mid to low 10's

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not calling anyone a liar. I meant exactly what I said: I really would like to see it run.

Jim Snover

i have videos but i dont know how to convert the files they are vob files..

i have nothing to prove to anyone, its a nmra race car so you cant lie about what the car runs. just put it this way it will run in the mid to low 10's

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
I'm not calling anyone a liar. I meant exactly what I said: I really would like to see it run.

Jim Snover

yeah i know what you are saying.... i just lack the computer skills, if i had someone to explain to me how to convert my files i would be happy to post a video..:shrug:

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Slow4.6 2V: I'd also be interested to learn what gears you are running in the differential? Straight axle, right? And have you taken out the front swaybar? I ask because it is obvious the car is launching well.

Jim Snover

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
Slow4.6 2V: I'd also be interested to learn what gears you are running in the differential? Straight axle, right? And have you taken out the front swaybar? I ask because it is obvious the car is launching well.

Jim Snover

the car has a tubular k member with stock arms with 4 cylinder springs no sway bar. the rear has v8 fox body springs with a curry built 8.8 with 9inch axle tubes 4:30 gears with a wolf drag suspension with ani-roll bar
100_0039.jpg

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
In the LONG run.....

2v pushrod > 4 valve modular > 2 valve modular

In the SHORT run....

4 valve modular > 2 valve pushrod > 2 valve modular

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
In the LONG run.....

2v pushrod > 4 valve modular > 2 valve modular

In the SHORT run....

4 valve modular > 2 valve pushrod > 2 valve modular

so you telling me a pushrod motor 5.0 will pull harder top end than a 4v and a 2v

then you are going to say that a 4v will pull on a 2v in a short run. how short are you talking here?

because i know and im sure all everyone else knows that the 2v will take the 4v out of the hole, and when 60 mph comes around the 4v will slowly creep up on the 2v. also depending on driver skills

qkslvr221

Established Member
With N/A, pushrod is where the potential is. Just look at the all the 408 strokers out there and you'll see what they can do.

Throw boost into the equation, and the 4V really shines. I know the 2V's stock internals are just as lousy as the 4V's, so forging both, and using the equal amounts of boost on the two, the 4V should always outperform the 2V.

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
With N/A, pushrod is where the potential is. Just look at the all the 408 strokers out there and you'll see what they can do.

Throw boost into the equation, and the 4V really shines. I know the 2V's stock internals are just as lousy as the 4V's, so forging both, and using the equal amounts of boost on the two, the 4V should always outperform the 2V.

then explain why the 2v broke records in classes that the 4v and push rod motors ran in last year , as you quoted "the 4V should always outperform the 2V" come to reality man and see what going on...how are you going to say throw some boost on it and it will shine..so you throw boost on a 4v and run 12.50. thats 4-5k you would spend.... thats crap. and how long will the stock motor last with boost. and if the push rod was as you say "where the potential is" why in the pure street class there is about maybe 1 or 2 guys left running the m. they are all mod motors... so i dunno what you are talking about...push rod motor has been around for a long time so they have alot of after market heads for them the mod motor is still young and no one makes a after market head and they are on top rite now over the push rod motor... so when the companies finally make a after market head the push rod motor will be forgotten

qkslvr221

Established Member
then explain why the 2v broke records in classes that the 4v and push rod motors ran in last year , as you quoted "the 4V should always outperform the 2V" come to reality man and see what going on...how are you going to say throw some boost on it and it will shine..so you throw boost on a 4v and run 12.50. thats 4-5k you would spend.... thats crap. and how long will the stock motor last with boost. and if the push rod was as you say "where the potential is" why in the pure street class there is about maybe 1 or 2 guys left running the m.

Good for them :shrug: you selectively quote my words, and throw little petty arguments like "one blown 4v ran 12.50 so they all must", and "this one class has a lot of modulars so they must be better". If a 2V and 4V are both forged and all other conditions equal, the 4v will outperform the 2V. Next time, read ALL the words and respond.

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
Good for them :shrug: you selectively quote my words, and throw little petty arguments like "one blown 4v ran 12.50 so they all must", and "this one class has a lot of modulars so they must be better". If a 2V and 4V are both forged and all other conditions equal, the 4v will outperform the 2V. Next time, read ALL the words and respond.

sorry if you didnt know but the pure street class use to be all pushrod motors and now they are fading out of the class, goes to tell you something must be better that they all switched..

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
so you telling me a pushrod motor 5.0 will pull harder top end than a 4v and a 2v

then you are going to say that a 4v will pull on a 2v in a short run. how short are you talking here?

because i know and im sure all everyone else knows that the 2v will take the 4v out of the hole, and when 60 mph comes around the 4v will slowly creep up on the 2v. also depending on driver skills

I never said 5.0 pushrod, I just said pushrod engines. I said long run, because you can't build a 500ci+ 4v motor.

For long run, I'm talking about 9's or less.

How many people that run below the 10's have 4v's...not alot. Yes on the street...I'll take a N/A nasty 5.0 rather than a N/A 4.6 of any sort. My car pulls harder than any 4v I've ridden in or drove, so I don't know what 4v's you rode in that past 60mph they 'shine'. Only 4v I've lost to is a 03 Cobra, and a Vortech 96-98 GT with other things. Just saying...

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
How did this thread about stock 2v vs 4v get turned into a who is faster when fully modded out pushrod/2v/4v? :pop: You might as well through in the 3v into the equation.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Whats up guys!!:rockon: just wanted to drop by and say whats up!

im the owner of the 96 mustang 2v making the power that they claim.. the car still has alot of tweaking to do so 400rwhp is getting closer everytime we push her... and also you got to remember we are making that kinda power on a stock bore, stock stroke "still a 281!! ":eek:

you all will see the car running in the NMRA pure street class this year..

hope you like the pics!!

Hey Jason aka NEIGHBOR....lmao you finally made it over here. I see that you have a lot of 4v guys hatin on you. What else is new. Hands down guys this 2v is sick as **** and is going to blow a lot of peoples minds this year. I just cant wait to see this beast in action on the street this year.

His car sounds like a cammed big block...Its one bad bitch. We need to figure out how to convert those video files off you camera and post some vids. :beer:

I want to contribute a pic i took of his car... I love that manifold. :rockon:

NA 2V FTW!!! :lol:

100_0032.gif

Users who are viewing this thread