is the 4v faster than a 2v

GodStang

Established Member
Oh my god this has been beaten to death.

I own both a 2003 2v and a 2003 4v. I make over 500rwtq at 1800rpms with the 4V. Now tell me they have no low end tq.

But in all seriousness the 4V heads flow about 50-100cfm more than the 2V stock to stock and ported to ported. Dont get me wrong you can make a 2V haul ass. One of the fastest street mustangs I have seen is my buddies 2V but their heads just do not flow as well and one thing that helps make power is good flowing heads.

Last edited:

cobrapower7

Established Member
This kind of comment is why this thread started off badly, and is going down hill fast. Where did he say a NA 4v will beat any 2v? Give me a break. He was talking about a 96 GT, and by the way the op's ignorant friend spoke, you would have to assume the subject was stock cars to begin with. The op stated that the person he was talking to stated that fundamentaly, a 2v would be faster than a 4v becasue of it's greater torque.

Coming on here trying to make an argument that didn't exist about a car that once upon a time made this or that is a waste of everyone's time, and not either helping or answering the question at hand. Yeah, my old roommate used to have a 2000 Gt that put down 380 at the tires. So what? You want to know how much money it cost to make that happen? He could have bought a 03/04 Cobra and put a KB on it for the same price. If that's what you want to do, do it. But it doesn't change the fact at hand. The 4v's are faster stock for stock, and mod for mod, so I don't understand what everyone is arguing about.

BTW, that car my friend had was a beast for sure, but it damn sure wasn't a 10.50 car. You HAVE to dump weight and set it up for drag racing to get that kind of "time" out of it.

I am not trying to start and arguement at all! I was just trying to shed light to the situation that the 2v does have some potential and i believe i might have misred his post. I appologize if a pissed anyone off but i was just trying to clarify that the 2v does have the possiblility of going faster than the 4v and it is significantly lighter.

LSWHAT??

I am not trying to start and arguement at all! I was just trying to shed light to the situation that the 2v does have some potential and i believe i might have misred his post. I appologize if a pissed anyone off but i was just trying to clarify that the 2v does have the possiblility of going faster than the 4v and it is significantly lighter.

Lighter? Huh?

To the original poster, I have a good comparison to share:

I have a 96 cobra, my buddy has an 01 GT. Stock with the exception of each having a k&n drop in and short throws our cars are dead nuts in first, I have him by the snake on the fender at the end of second, and pull a little over a car through 3rd. From a roll it is worse for the gt. (Both cars on 245 street tires).

GT with BBK offroad X, and flowmaster weld-ins, accompanied by a JLT RAI and 100 shot of spray vs. the Cobra on 275 Nitto DR's, on a 75 shot and the cobra runs .18 quicker in the 1320'. The GT trapped about .4 mph faster, but 60' was 2.0 for the cobra (didn't heat the tires) and 2.3 for the GT!!!

I think we are pretty equal drivers, so this should be a pretty good comparison, and remember these are stock geared cars at over a mile high.

fatboyq

Established Member
a 99+Gt will hang with some mods till about 60mph then it will fall flat on it's face while the 4v will start to pull a good lead from 60-90 mph. 4v loves to rev. now a stock 4v with a 3.27 gear vs a bolt on 99gt with 4.10s etc will get interesting.. the 2v will get the snake out of the hole and will hold the lead till about 60-70 then the cobra will catch up. so in a short race the 2v will win vs a stock cobra. but what cobra is stock?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I think you need to do some research first before you just thinking that a NA 4v will beat any NA 2v and calling people retarted. The only thing retarded is the amount of power the 2v motor is capable of making when put together correctly. If you dont believe me you can look at the graph below or contact logan motorsports. Their stuff is on the web! And honestly as a proud cobra owner i wish it wasnt true..cause it would destroy my car!
I promise you the car in that dyno sheet had a very agressive cam in it. A bolton n/a'd 2V with the engine uncracked is incapable of making that kind of power.

96 GT 248a

GTS
Established Member
Your kidding right? If you are talking 97 2 valve GT vs your 97 4 valve Cobra? It's not even a race. Tell your boy that stock the 97 Cobra has 305 HP and the GT had like 215. The 96-98 GT's get slammed left and right for being way underpowered until the 99's came out with revised heads and 260 HP.

Yeah 4 valve Cobras aren't known for their low end torque but they still have 300 ft lbs, where as the 2 valve is lucky if it can break 200 ft/lbs.
The 96-98 2 valves had 285lb-ft of torque.

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
Whats up guys!!:rockon: just wanted to drop by and say whats up!

im the owner of the 96 mustang 2v making the power that they claim.. the car still has alot of tweaking to do so 400rwhp is getting closer everytime we push her... and also you got to remember we are making that kinda power on a stock bore, stock stroke "still a 281!! ":eek:

you all will see the car running in the NMRA pure street class this year..

hope you like the pics!!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
My main statment and arguement was:

$4k to run mid 12's= 2v
$800 to run mid 12's= 4v

4v for the win
sorry im not try to rant i just need some input on this post

you tell me what 800 that you can spend on a 4v that will put you in the 12's?, i wanna hear this....

i put a $2,000 set of heads and cams on my 96 the one with the dyno sheet that a member posted above. and the car ran a 11.80. and of course a tune $500

now you stick 2,000 in a 4v and you tell me how far that will take you

PainNdaArse

Established Member
sorry im not try to rant i just need some input on this post

you tell me what 800 that you can spend on a 4v that will put you in the 12's?, i wanna hear this....

i put a $2,000 set of heads and cams on my 96 the one with the dyno sheet that a member posted above. and the car ran a 11.80. and of course a tune $500

now you stick 2,000 in a 4v and you tell me how far that will take you
:lol::thumbsup:

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member

Because its a GT not a cobra? False advertising? I could put ford GT emblems on my car but what good would that do.

I'm not saying one is "cooler" then the other or being an arrogant cobra driver, but flaunt what you've got. Hell, if I had a GT that ran high 11's like that one, I'd want everyone to know it was a GT and that I did some hard work to make it run like that.

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
Because its a GT not a cobra? False advertising? I could put ford GT emblems on my car but what good would that do.

I'm not saying one is "cooler" then the other or being an arrogant cobra driver, but flaunt what you've got. Hell, if I had a GT that ran high 11's like that one, I'd want everyone to know it was a GT and that I did some hard work to make it run like that.

well at least i stick to a ford product, you have bmw wannabee headlights on your car so what does that mean???:lol::lol::lol:

here is the pic you have on your profile
856816_52_full.jpg

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Hey asshole, I was never picking a fight with you. Don't come on this forum all disgruntled and start being a prick.

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
Hey asshole, I was never picking a fight with you. Don't come on this forum all disgruntled and start being a prick.

you said it to be offensive. saying to take something off my car because you said its faults advertisement. can i order them headlights from bmw or to i have to buy a import tuner magazine to order them??j/w

PainNdaArse

Established Member
might be funny to you but give an explanation??

its funny because all the cobra guys think less money spent on a cobra will always dominate a GT.

did you know the fastest KB'd modular is a aint no 4v?
did you know the fastest renegade pass aint no 4v?
did you know the first modular to break into the 9s wasn't no 4v?
did you know the current record for renegade isn't held by no 4v?

:rockon:

slow4.6 2v

Established Member
its funny because all the cobra guys think less money spent on a cobra will always dominate a GT.

did you know the fastest KB'd modular is a aint no 4v?
did you know the fastest renegade pass aint no 4v?
did you know the first modular to break into the 9s wasn't no 4v?
did you know the current record for renegade isn't held by no 4v?

:rockon:

thats 2v power for ya :beer::beer:

PainNdaArse

Established Member
there will be more records broken this year it will be insane! there is quite a few 2v fox bodied coupe cars entering the renegade class, and they're looking quite healthy. I know of 3 that are almost complete. There might be some new & fast 4v's coming too... but they better bring something good...

4v is like a strap on. if you can't do it with what you have, you have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread