Is the GT500 an SVT product?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
ON D BIT said:
i dont believe that. i will grant you that ford has seperated the good from the great engineers to work with team svt. but to say that before svt was created ford did not have a similar groups of great engineers working throughout their corporation throughout the years is null in void.

edit: in other words if svt disbands these same great svt engineers will still be working for ford on a variety of other projects.

True, but they likely would not be pooled under one roof working solely on select niche products. What you would have is more of the Team Mustang type of group that is responcible for all the Mustang models. Think of SVT engineers members of Delta Force. By themselves they are still highly skilled and can get the job done, but if you get a team of them together you can really blow some stuff up (or doors off).

95Proof

Established Member
The great engineers will no longer be working on the same project - meaning the SVT Mustang offering. They will be spread out. You will have marketing types dictating the next SE mustang and its performance specs. How about that 84' GT 350... Not hating, but if SVT goes by the wayside you no longer have one group voice inside Ford fighting to produce a hi performance mustang of GT 500 caliber or beyond. If everything falls back to Team mustang I believe the accountants will have more pull with corporate than the engineers. Just a thought. Oh yeah - wasn't the original name going to be the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra GT 500? My vote - SVT product that has Shelby badging - not vice versa. Car is sweet - would love to get one - no matter what you call it...

chuckstang

Established Member
The fact that every SVT Cobra/GT500 engine was built by hand by 2 individuals on a special niche line says alot to the consumer. I know I truly own something special in my 99 SVT Cobra Mustang. The new GT500 has that same specialness and I hope there are most Mustangs to come just like that and better!

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the point being your statement was dead wrong! and when you changed that one word in your statement one could see how wrong you were. like i said before your statement made no sense.

You're the one not making any sense, you're completely sidestepping my argument. Not only have you not responded to approximately half my argument, you've completely failed to address my main point that, at least from my perspective, the whole thing boils down to Ford killing off the SVT Cobra line. And the reason it's a big deal (to me and others) is that we own SVT Cobra's and we want to see the lineage continued. Yes Ford can build awesome Mustangs taht are not SVT, no one has said otherwise (but you keep bringing it up). We're saying we want SVT Mustangs because we want to see our cars continue on.

I'll say it agian for clarification. We want to see the SVT Mustangs continue on because we want our cars to continue to be built.

ON D BIT said:
how is telling ford what you want living in the past? its not that hard to create a profitable mustang gt geared towards the road course. and its not that hard to produce a lightweight mustang gt that is easy to mod. hell ford did this very thing with the mustang lx 5.0 in the late 80's.

Because all you do is talk up about Ford by saying what they could do to be badass. They could do a lot of things, but they dont. And you constantly reffer to "like the 60's" when you spread this kind of "information". Right now your entire "argument" is hypothetical. What was the last Mustang that Ford built, wasn't SVT, that could be considered badass? Clearly the Mach 1's (and even then those are basically 99/01 Cobra engines..)...but before that? I await your answer.

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
95Proof said:
My vote - SVT product that has Shelby badging - not vice versa. Car is sweet - would love to get one - no matter what you call it...

Exactly. Although I wouldn't get it, but I have my reasons.

It is a sick car though

beabout

Established Member
The GT500 is Ford's hallo car replacing the FORDGT. Although it may have SVT on it in several locations and most likely had SVT based engine design it is just a Mustang with large HP numbers and really not as well optioned as a vehicle should be that commands such ADMs. Even if I had the money, and I don't, I would not purchase one. Ladies and Gentlemen it is all hype... SVT for all intents and purposes is dead. It will never be the same as it was. SVTOA has been kicked to the curb and so has the dealer certification process that brought me to purchase my 2003. For the price they want for a GT500 I could get a far better product some place else....:xpl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone needs to just move on with life as Ford did.From day one back in 1964,and a half,the day Ford released the very first mustang.Well guess what time changes every day ,and so did the mustang. You can believe 50 years from now i hope and Pray Ford will still be building the Ford[MUSTANG]-no matter what name plate it bares,as in the past until to the present mustang. Let's just enjoy our mustang,no matter if we drive a standard model the V6,GT[4.6]-Shelby GT500--Jack Rousch-verision,Saleen,verision,Steeda,Foose,mustang. I can go on and on. Bottom line is we all enjoy the same car, THE FORD MUSTANG,and it's a piece of History. It's just a matter of if we want to drive a mustang or a Coevette/Camaro/Challenger/Viper/Dodge RT/Dodge Charger. Remember only in American,still builds a MUscle-Car,unless you choose a Foreign car. Just my opnion,and yes I've own a 1996,1997,1998-Cobra, a 2000-Lightning,2003-S281Cobra#97,and presently a 2007 Shelby GT500--color-White/Blue-Lemans-Stripes,and it's a beautiful car.Paid MSRP--$45,060.00.plus taxes,and fees.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
capello said:
Although it may have SVT on it in several locations and most likely had SVT based engine design it is just a Mustang with large HP numbers and really not as well optioned as a vehicle should be that commands such ADMs.

Mmmmm.................kkkkkkkkkkkk.......whatever?!? :rollseyes

capello said:
Even if I had the money, and I don't,

Which explains in simplistic terms why you don't have one! ;-)

capello said:
Ladies and Gentlemen it is all hype...

Um..... excuse me?!?! :dw: Ding Ding (rings doorbell) Hello!! Anybody home!?!?

The most powerful Mustang built in the last 43 years, with 25% MORE horsepower than a Terminator, improved braking, suspension, chassis, performance, ride, handling, interior, looks (ok, that one's subjective)

DOOD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

capello said:
For the price they want for a GT500 I could get a far better product some place else....:xpl:

PLEASE go to your nearest Chevrolet Dealer and buy a C6 Corvette, bring your car to a track event just so I can spank you like a redheaded stepchild with my GT500!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

:pop:

(Dood, I'm sorry, you asked for it. You're pushing my buttons now!!):coolman:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
im just curious, was there this much bitching and whining over 3 letters when SVO was replaced with SVT? yea, didnt think so.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
the whole thing boils down to Ford killing off the SVT Cobra line.
I'll say it agian for clarification. We want to see the SVT Mustangs continue on because we want our cars to continue to be built.

What was the last Mustang that Ford built, wasn't SVT, that could be considered badass? Clearly the Mach 1's (and even then those are basically 99/01 Cobra engines..)...but before that? I await your answer.

what would be so bad about ford calling the new hot mustang by a different name? why are you so afraid of this?

your reasoning behind your answer is the exact same answer the shelby owner would have. except the shelby had to wait 40 years! so again why is the shelby bad and svt good?

my point is regardless of the name ford will build another bad ass mustang. they have to. to compete with gm and mopar they have to.

to answer a few of your questions, the same engineers or quality of engineers were working at ford before svt. the same engineers or quality of engineers will be working at ford after svt is long gone. so no, svt does not have to exist to get another quality performance mustang.
past non svt's, boss 302, 428 cobra jet, 427 side oiler, 351 windsor are a few of the very sweet engines that ford produced. in more recent times the lx 5.0 and taurus sho were great non svt cars. in 89 in fact the sho was the 3rd fastest sedan on the market. the two that were faster were both more than twice its price at over 50k each. yes ford and the engineers at ford do not need svt to bring forth performance products.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what would be so bad about ford calling the new hot mustang by a different name? why are you so afraid of this?

ARRRGGHHHH It's like I'm ****ing arguing with a brick wall. For gods sake how many times do I have to say.

WE WANT OUR CARS TO CONTINUE ON

WE WANT OUR CARS TO CONINUE ON

Do you understand?

ON D BIT said:
your reasoning behind your answer is the exact same answer the shelby owner would have. except the shelby had to wait 40 years! so again why is the shelby bad and svt good?

That's exactly my point! The Shelby owners back in the day SURELY were upset when their car got axed. I mean yeah it worked out now since they're worth so much, but I'm sure at the time they were upset their car got discontinued!

ON D BIT said:
my point is regardless of the name ford will build another bad ass mustang. they have to. to compete with gm and mopar they have to.

captain.obvious.jpg

ON D BIT said:
to answer a few of your questions, the same engineers or quality of engineers were working at ford before svt. the same engineers or quality of engineers will be working at ford after svt is long gone. so no, svt does not have to exist to get another quality performance mustang.
past non svt's, boss 302, 428 cobra jet, 427 side oiler, 351 windsor are a few of the very sweet engines that ford produced. in more recent times the lx 5.0 and taurus sho were great non svt cars. in 89 in fact the sho was the 3rd fastest sedan on the market. the two that were faster were both more than twice its price at over 50k each. yes ford and the engineers at ford do not need svt to bring forth performance products.

ONCE AGAIN you have COMPLETELY sidestepped my argument. What do you NOT understand about the following words, in order:

I

Want

My

Car

To

Continue

On

I KNOW they can build badass cars that aren't SVT's, Shelby's, or ****ING Cobra's...but I want my car to continue on! I want to see more SVT Cobra's!! how hard is this to understand?? HONESTLY!

I want my car to continue on

Do me a favor, re-read this post about 100 times and try to catch te pattern...then reply.

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Um...... excuse me. Your car is continuing on! :idea: :read:

Technically no. I mean we all know yes...but the GT500 is NOT a SVT Cobra, which would be what my car is.

I've already addressed this...the car is badass etc etc but it is NOT a SVT Cobra...and by the looks of it SVT won't be making another Mustang...although I hope to god I hope I'm wrong.

This entire point is about wanting the SVT Cobra's to go on (since that is what I own.........)...but it doesn't look good.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
With Ford corporate micro-managing performance car/truck development, they'll only be a shadow of what they could've/would've been with a marketing/engineering team like SVT had.

Ry_Trapp0 said:
im just curious, was there this much bitching and whining over 3 letters when SVO was replaced with SVT? yea, didnt think so.
...but SVO NEVER had the product to create a fraction of the following under the SVT banner.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
I KNOW they can build badass cars that aren't SVT's, Shelby's, or ****ING Cobra's...but I want my car to continue on! I want to see more SVT Cobra's!! how hard is this to understand?? HONESTLY!

honestly i think you are mad because shelby stole your name. because the next mustang cobra became the next shelby mustang. that is why you are mad.

now have you ever thought about how others must feel? how those who grew up in the 60's wanted the shelby to continue? have you ever thought why they might be mad because now there is more than one cobra?

now i ask again, why should you have it your way and the shelby fans can just suck it? are you just that selfish, inconsiderate, and immature?

91svtbird

Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
ARRRGGHHHH It's like I'm ****ing arguing with a brick wall. For gods sake how many times do I have to say.

Do you understand?

That's exactly my point! The Shelby owners back in the day SURELY were upset when their car got axed. I mean yeah it worked out now since they're worth so much, but I'm sure at the time they were upset their car got discontinued!

captain.obvious.jpg

ONCE AGAIN you have COMPLETELY sidestepped my argument. What do you NOT understand about the following words, in order:

I

Want

My

Car

To

Continue

On

Do me a favor, re-read this post about 100 times and try to catch te pattern...then reply.
Congratulations You win the whining award of the year !

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NinetySixSVT said:
Technically no. I mean we all know yes...but the GT500 is NOT a SVT Cobra, which would be what my car is.

Technically yes. I mean we all know it's yes...the GT500 IS the 2007 SVT Cobra it just doesn't have "Cobra" in the name. It's got Cobras ALL OVER IT!! It's just not "called" a Cobra. Get over it! :-D

Your car was manufactured over ten years ago! Car companies have to change! Models have to change! Things progress. Manufacturers that stay stagnant get left behind. If nothing changed or progressed we'd still think 100 horsepower was a BFD. :idea:

ON D BIT said:
great thread bruce!!!!!!:thumbsup: :coolman: ;-)

When I started this thread I did not think I was a Masochist. But there is No Doubt I am!!!!:fart: :read:

Users who are viewing this thread