Is the Trinity still "King of the Hill"???

Recon

Established Member
My guess is the top speed goes to the 13/14 because is was tested to do 200mph. The 2020 maybe the dct that is the limiting factor for top speed. But we dont know for sure. Since the 2020 is better aerodynamic you would think that the top speed would be higher.

If the latest power figures (760,625) are in fact accurate; that transmission is my suspicion of why the torque figure is as low as it is. I think the Predator is fully capable of 650+ (and maybe even 700+) torque but the Trans is probably fragile and can’t handle any more torque.
Obviously that’s all speculation. The car isn’t even out yet and we don’t even have final figures on every aspect of the car.

Pick your poison.

RBB

Established Member
I haven’t done much reading on the 2020 yet other than the basics. Anyone know what the limitations/weak links are in stock form? Sounds like the trans may be one.

dom418

Established Member
The torch has been passed, and that’s not a bad thing. Progress is great for the hobby. It’s a hard pill to swallow and similar to what the Terminator crowd went through with the release of the GT500.

Dusten

Established Member
My guess is the top speed goes to the 13/14 because is was tested to do 200mph. The 2020 maybe the dct that is the limiting factor for top speed. But we dont know for sure. Since the 2020 is better aerodynamic you would think that the top speed would be higher.
Its limited to 180

Better aero = higher drag. Lower top speed

tvspower

Established Member
I would love to get a 2020 gt500. But right now that is not in the cards for me. I would more than likey end up getting a used one 5-7yrs from now but will see. Like you i have modded my 2008 gt500 and enjoy when i drive it. Im not ready to sell mine.
That's the Way.........

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 175

fearthesnake

Established Member
Then buy the base...

The base 13 gt500 was 56ish? With inflation thats 62k.
The base now is 74k. So for 12k you gwt more power, a dct, better everything....
I dont think anyone will get a base 2020 GT500 for $74K. Obviously will be ADM added to it.

SteveWK

Established Member
If there was only a way to put a 2.6L blower into the 5.4/5.8.....Ford engineers really outsmarted us on this one.

^^^^^???? Heard of the Gen3 or Gen3R? They fit the 5.4/5.8 motors.

Where is this witchcraft you speak of? Is it less than 107k?

I reread your original post, so you mean bolting a 2.6 into the V of the 5.4/5.8 engine???

It's this kind of out of the box thinking that makes make me proud to be a gearhead. They said it couldn't be done, but by god the two of you have proven them wrong. Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
What will be interesting is to see how many 2020 GT500 owners will re-gear their car or remove the electronic limiter (or both) to run 200MPH in comparison to the many, many 2013/14 owners who have re-geared their GT500's with 3.73's for better/quicker acceleration, but also knocking down the top speed capability of their 2013/14..............THAT will show how important 200MPH is vs. lower speed quicker acceleration.

R

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it will depend on a tuner's ability to remove the rev limiter, which hasn't been an issue in the past. Whether the rear gear is capable or not depends more on the transmission gearing. Just because the 13-14 transmission gearing would be maxing out 5th gear at 180 with 3.73s doesn't mean the 7 speed DCT will have the same issue because of the different gearing. Based on the ratios I'm seeing for 6th gear, it should be able to hit 200 mph if you have enough distance. Doubtful it will be able to accomplish it in the mile.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think it will depend on a tuner's ability to remove the rev limiter, which hasn't been an issue in the past. Whether the rear gear is capable or not depends more on the transmission gearing. Just because the 13-14 transmission gearing would be maxing out 5th gear at 180 with 3.73s doesn't mean the 7 speed DCT will have the same issue because of the different gearing. Based on the ratios I'm seeing for 6th gear, it should be able to hit 200 mph if you have enough distance. Doubtful it will be able to accomplish it in the mile.

I am not saying that the 2020 can't do 200MPH "as-is" with the limiter removed, but where will that capability be on the list of desirable features when put in the list of 1/4 mile, Braking, Handling, G-Force, etc.?

200MPH is a Great thing to brag about, but how many 2013/14 owners have been there with their car...........or have a 2-mile safety place to possibly experience 200MPH.

Everything else I have listed is much easier/safer to experience.........but not 200MPH.

R

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2020 is a better all around package, as it should be with eight MY of progress. Still, the Trinity cars will sit with the top level of SVT cars like the ‘93 Cobra and Terminator. At least in my opinion.
The ‘13-14 is the better value and both hold big potential.
Hopefully the new GT500 lives up to the hype and holds up to mods and racing, but all TBD.
-J

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I did 198 in mine...top speed is just a dick measuring contest

^^^^^That is Funny and true. It is a milestone for the SVT Mustangs, but not a realistic experience for most owners and I have heard a very few other 2013/14 owners who have had the opportunity and space to do such a top speed run, and their cars also were not quite able to get to 200MPH, close, but no cigar.

I do agree that anyone looking to purchase an S197 SVT Mustang should look at the 2013/14 first if money allows for the most up to date features and technology for that platform.

R

Users who are viewing this thread