JPC + Paxton = 9 second street car!!

Bud

Established Member
Where do the rpms drop to after shifts in the auto when running it up to 7600? Is it still in the range where the boss makes more power. Curious track times back to back between the two intakes, not just dyno numbers, to see how it gains. The new high rpm pulse ring might make things more interesting if power will keep climbing up top.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Where do the rpms drop to after shifts in the auto when running it up to 7600? Is it still in the range where the boss makes more power. Curious track times back to back between the two intakes, not just dyno numbers, to see how it gains. The new high rpm pulse ring might make things more interesting if power will keep climbing up top.

You can see the actual numbers on the graph, shifts will be coming in well into the power band where your making power

Bud

Established Member
You can see the actual numbers on the graph, shifts will be coming in well into the power band where your making power

Just looked at some logs from my car, shifting at only 7,000 the rpms only drop to 5600 in the next gear, well into the range where the boss manifold makes more power. I'm sure shifting at 7600 or above it would have to gain at the track (with the appropriate stall). Good times

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Stockintak1001.jpg

Here is a test we did last fall with justin's car. You can see how the stock made more everywhere. How long ago was that test Beefcake your car hasnt made 500 hp in along time.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
BTW not to get off topic with the boss intake discussion

This car ran a 9.61 on monday. However it did lunch the stock engine when he wanted us to install a smaller pulley and see if it would go in the .50s

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stockintak1001.jpg

Here is a test we did last fall with justin's car. You can see how the stock made more everywhere. How long ago was that test Beefcake your car hasnt made 500 hp in along time.

the boss intake only making power to 6600?

there is def something wrong with that picture

when we made 960 rwhp with the 2.95 pulley. peak power is at 7500

when we made 1003 with the 2.75 pulley, peak powere was around 6600, but still carried out 1000rwhp to 7500, that was because the blower was maxing out, not the intake

i'll find my graphs, something def is off if peak power is 6600 with the boss intake

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
BTW not to get off topic with the boss intake discussion

This car ran a 9.61 on monday. However it did lunch the stock engine when he wanted us to install a smaller pulley and see if it would go in the .50s

What size was the original and what size pulley did you guys go down to?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eric, r u sure that the dyno you posted isn't a pulley change on a stock intake? The graphs ate identical as far as the curve, just more power. And the boss intake is not going to follow the same curve as a stock intake.

I found my 1003 dyno, and you can see peak is right near 7500.

Just as the boss is designed to do. We have the same head unit, so I can't see the power curve varying that much.

1000sae.jpg

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
It blew in glorious fashion at the big end of the track running mid 9's. I destroyed my eaton posi on my first pass of the day so it was good to see someone else push their luck lol.

wnt2gofst

Banned
It blew in glorious fashion at the big end of the track running mid 9's. I destroyed my eaton posi on my first pass of the day so it was good to see someone else push their luck lol.

On s197 I seen where they said blew at the 1000ft mark and still ran a 9.90

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

stang8psi

Established Member
That graph that eric posted doesn't look right at all power shouldn't be falling off at 6600 rpm stock intake or boss! I am a believer that the Boss manifold on an FI centri setup is the way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread