Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
My advice is to take the car to a shop that knows what they're doing. I guarantee you they'll figure out your problems before any SVT Forum will. Get a diagnosis, not an answer from a Forum

Okay, so what shop then?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Tell us more about your fuel system. The fuel system on these cars is where some neglect to.do things properly. Give us all the details.

Also, you really need to be able to data log. Load your tunes from the X3 on to a laptop and update it. Let someone like @04sleeper or @MalcolmV8 take a looks at your logs. Do you have a wideband on your car? If not, put one on it.

I had all kinds of issues last year after getting my car back together. I was able to figure pretty much all of them out with the help of this forum and it's 15 years of information on these cars. @MalcolmV8 had a thread that helped me solve my fuel temperature issues and @04sleeper was able to tune my car via datalogging, and it runs better than it did when it was on a Dyno with two very reputable tuners. Of course they were tuning it on pump gas compared to my 04sleeper tunes being done on E85.

Let's eliminate some things so we can narrow down your problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Datalogging with live link works just fine for me. I run e70 and e85 99% of the time. For winter storage I put non oxygenated 91 fuel in.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Me too! A very useful tool that needs to be used here. That, along with a wideband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
BES Racing in Indiana. Tony Bischoff owns and runs the place. I had him do my engine. They are top notch and good luck finding anything bad about them. Look him up.

+1 on BES. They're one of the few shops that know modulars. They did an excellent job machining and specifying mine.

Beyond that, my two cents-

Go with the aluminum block. The weight savings alone is worth it.

There's nothing wrong with the stock ECM. You can datalog easily with the X3. I use it with livelink. It works fine.

You can also tune it with SCT pro racer package. It's around $350. I bought it and tuned it myself. You don't need the software if someone else is tuning it though.

I will say that Quarterhorse looks nice with the functionality of being able to change parameters in real time. With SCT you have to write the tune, update the tuner, reflash the car, then datalog. It can be time consuming, but it tends to be a little more user friendly.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Whelp, finally got the POS SCT-3 to Data Log. Talk about crash/lag city.

By the time it was working, it was already late to I didn't really make a good log, but at least it works now.

Also looks like my engine light was disabled as I have two codes.

P0113
P1479

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like IAT out of range and faulty fan control.

Check to see if the bulb is burnt out. I don’t see how it could be disabled (service light). Could be a bad PCM also.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bigmoose

Established Member
Whelp, finally got the POS SCT-3 to Data Log. Talk about crash/lag city.

By the time it was working, it was already late to I didn't really make a good log, but at least it works now.

Also looks like my engine light was disabled as I have two codes.

P0113
P1479
Not all codes or conditions will cause the check engine light to illuminate. That's why it's always good to pull codes in case you have soft codes or pending codes.

Systemax302

Established Member
Okay, so what shop then?
It's not necessarily "close" to South Bend, depending on how you'd define the word, but there are many reputable shops/tuners out near Detroit.
Paul's High Performance is in Jackson off 94. Probably the closest one I'm aware of to you. Aside from that there's Livernois Motorsports and of course Lidio at Alternative. All three of those places have done 100+ Terminators and there's others out here too that I'm just not familiar with.
Paul at PHP seems like a good dude to me. I'm looking for my first Terminator right now and I called over there just to pick his brain about stuff to look out for and he had no issue discussing it and giving me some tips.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's not necessarily "close" to South Bend, depending on how you'd define the word, but there are many reputable shops/tuners out near Detroit.
Paul's High Performance is in Jackson off 94. Probably the closest one I'm aware of to you. Aside from that there's Livernois Motorsports and of course Lidio at Alternative. All three of those places have done 100+ Terminators and there's others out here too that I'm just not familiar with.
Paul at PHP seems like a good dude to me. I'm looking for my first Terminator right now and I called over there just to pick his brain about stuff to look out for and he had no issue discussing it and giving me some tips.

I didn't know Livernois does cars - I thought they where just an engine shop.

Detroit is not "to far".

I'm dropping the fuel tank this weekend. Going to inspect it and the pumps. I have a PPRV delete and new fuel filler seal. Last tank I got 110 miles on. It has to be leaking fuel.

Once that's done I'll look at making an appointment and getting someone to do a full once over.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
upload_2018-6-15_20-44-10.png

Ya mon! You definitely have perseverance! :cool:

Systemax302

Established Member
Get the car to Lidio at Alternative Auto.
Alternative has like an 8 week backlog for tuning currently someone told me... Pretty rough, but Lidio is considered the best of the best so...
I've also been told Walsh Motorsports does good work and tuning, but I have no personal experience with them. PHP in Jackson is a good shop and their timetable for tuning was more reasonable.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I got rid of my SCT3 because it was laggy and frequently froze up when trying to datalog. I updated it and everything. It started happening when I updated my logging computer with the newest version of SCTlivelink. It doesn’t work well with the old SCT’s in my opinion.

Sold the SCT3 and bought a SCT4, problem solved works like a champ again.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1495226

СУКА БЛЯТЬ

Spent 3 hours cooking to death outside dropping the tank. Filler grommet was in excellent shape. Everything looked brand new. I inspected the pumps and hat-gasket, no signs of leaks. I decided to leave the PPRV alone.

I give up.

I'll try and get an appointment at one of the aforementioned shops, waist $1k and get the pile of crap working again hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Only on page 9. This is an entertaining read. I just need to go drive my Cobra for a minute and enjoy it lol.

Curious if the gear install vids you watched were mine

Bet the car would have been fine if the 19 year old didn't have it along the way

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread