Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0109.JPG

Sooooo she’s back from PHP. Picked her up last Thursday, сука блять.

Here’s what is known, done and needs to be done.

Issues -

KB 2.2 is very loud, maybe shot but did not remove to inspect.

Pulleys, lots of wear and tear, should be replaced.

4lb lower, S/C has been spun way to high way, way to long.

Radiator Fan is constantly running. (Paul seemed most disturbed about this)

Rear End is loose.

Paul feels the car runs a bit lean. It’s not worth putting on the Dyno and playing with the tune until the other mechanical issues are investigated and addressed.

-

Transmission, pulled and inspected. Fluid was full of bearing material. The issue is the clutch was not aligned and installed properly. Someone used lock washers to space it out.

Adjustable Quadrant was not installed correctly.

Essentially the clutch was putting downward pressure on the input shaft and slowly destroying itself.

Remedy :

Sent the Clutch and flywheel our for rebuild. McLeod stated the clutch was 11-12 years old based on serial numbers.

New sealed double roller TOB, new Quadrant setup. Input Shaft bearing.

Drive shaft was also worn out, replaced with Like New - Used unit.

All told, $2,800.

I have about 150 miles on the car now (120 driving home). It drives significantly better. A slight whine in some gears, but it shifts buttery smooth.

Washed and Waxed this weekend. I’ll get some photos up later.

I cleaned the engine and it looks like one of the overflow lines on the SC has a slight leak. I’ll reseal that.

With the cost of fixing this bitch, the wedding, new roof on the house, I’m pretty much done for the year. I’d love to get a clearances 2.3, but that’s essentially another $3k.

I’ll drive it some this fall and store it till spring. Maybe then I’ll know what I want to do with this abused pos.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
View attachment 1516139

Sooooo she’s back from PHP. Picked her up last Thursday, сука блять.

Here’s what is know, done and needs to be done.

Issues -

KB 2.2 is very loud, maybe dead but did not remove to inspect.

Pulleys, lots of wear and tear

4lb lower, S/C has been spun way to high way to long.

Radiator Fan is constantly running.

Rear End is loose.
-

Transmission, pulled and inspected. Fluid was full of bearing material. The issue is the clutch was not aligned and installed properly. Someone used lock washers to space it out.

Adjustable Quadrant was not installed correctly.

Essentially the clutch was putting downward pressure on the input shaft and slowly destroying itself.

Remedy :

Sent the Clutch and flywheel our for rebuild. McLeod stated the clutch was 11-12 years old based on serial numbers.

New sealed double roller TOB, new Quadrant setup. Input Shaft bearings.

Drive shaft was also worn out, replaced with Like New - Used unit.

All told, $2,800.

I have about 150 miles on the car now (120 driving home). It drives significantly better. A slight whine in some gears, but it shifts buttery smooth.

Washed and Waxed this weekend. I’ll get some photos up later.

I cleaned the engine and it looks like one of the overflow lines on the SC has a slight leak. I’ll reseal that.

plans? Sell it?

Rear end + blower wont be cheap to fix....

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
plans? Sell it?

Rear end + blower wont be cheap to fix....

No idea.

Rear won’t be an issue. I had Belle Tire align the car and apparently they didn’t torque the adjustments in the rear.

The URCA also have a 10mm bolt and heim, however the chassis is 12mm. That needs changed out.

Blower wise. I’m in limbo. Rebuilding the 2.2 is going to be +$2k. I’ve yet to see one of these $1,000 trade in 2.3s (jokes) and by the time I’m ready to move on a 2.3, I’m sure they’ll be sold out.

I bet I can sell the KB for $1k even blown.

I can also scorer about for a used Eaton, but I run the risk of wasting $400-800 on a burned out turd as well.

Car also needs paint correction. Soooo yeah.

Zemedici

Established Member
No idea.

Rear won’t be an issue. I had Belle Tire align the car and apparently they didn’t torque the adjustments in the rear.

The URCA also have a 10mm bolt and heim, however the chassis is 12mm. That needs changed out.

Blower wise. I’m in limbo. Rebuilding the 2.2 is going to be +$2k. I’ve yet to see one of these $1,000 trade in 2.3s (jokes) and by the time I’m ready to move on a 2.3, I’m sure they’ll be sold out.

I bet I can sell the KB for $1k even blown.

I can also scorer about for a used Eaton, but I run the risk of wasting $400-800 on a burned out turd as well.

Car also needs paint correction. Soooo yeah.

if it were me, I'd rebuild the 2.2.

Yeah I know, wont make the power and OMG VMP Gen 3 omg omg omg omg

But nothing beats the scream of a 2.2. Period.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
if it were me, I'd rebuild the 2.2.

Yeah I know, wont make the power and OMG VMP Gen 3 omg omg omg omg

But nothing beats the scream of a 2.2. Period.

Which is sadly why I bought this car.

On paper it had all the things I wanted already done.

23 spline
Twin Disk
SRA
Eaton Locker
Adjustable Arms
Coil Overs
Chrome 10.5 OEM Style Wheels

Except I’ve now gone and rebuilt or replaced every single one of those items

#racecarlife

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
ftfy, went through the ringer with both of my cars, not to the extent you have, but neither were as advertised.

Just gotta fix it up right and keep it moving, but if I had your car, I may have cut my losses already....

Yeah, I know. It’s like “just one more thing and it will be fine!”.

Then it’s the back and forth of -

“Well If I sell I’ll just be starting from scratch”

or

“well instead of spending $6k on the Cobra I just sell it for $15k and then buy a $50k Hellcat and spend $6k on modding it... I’ll be saving all this money and won’t have any more problems!”

tenor.gif

zredfire04

Established Member
shit.

i was just looking at vmp a couple days ago. the 2.3 kit was $1k less than the 2.65...was looking forward to grabbing a new one some time LOL.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
shit.

i was just looking at vmp a couple days ago. the 2.3 kit was $1k less than the 2.65...was looking forward to grabbing a new one some time LOL.

I think TPS motor sports bought up the last of them and is selling them at a close out price if they have any left.

zredfire04

Established Member
yeah, they're blowing them out for $2800. don't know how many they have left, but they'll likely be sold out before i'm ready to buy...which sucks because i'm not really interested in the 2.65 at this point.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Did some research last night.

Looks like the KB can be rebuilt by Jon Bond for around $1k w/ shipping. So that, plus some new pullies ($400) and I may be back in the game. Since there is only about 4 weeks left in the season, I'll just hold off till January to do anything.

Also, if I get it rebuilt, I could hit two birds with one stone and get a different pulley installed on the blower. It spins to 21psi right now with lower - I want to drop that back down to 17psi I think to keep the 93oct and fry the blower again. Looking around that should be good for 575-580whp.

Zemedici

Established Member
Did some research last night.

Looks like the KB can be rebuilt by Jon Bond for around $1k w/ shipping. So that, plus some new pullies ($400) and I may be back in the game. Since there is only about 4 weeks left in the season, I'll just hold off till January to do anything.

Also, if I get it rebuilt, I could hit two birds with one stone and get a different pulley installed on the blower. It spins to 21psi right now with lower - I want to drop that back down to 17psi I think to keep the 93oct and fry the blower again. Looking around that should be good for 575-580whp.

you're on 21-22psi on pump gas?

wut?

Users who are viewing this thread