Just Had LASIK Done...

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
See Post #47 for an Update

Had the intraLASE, (with CustomVue mappings) done yesterday morning. Today's the first day everything is starting to clear up. All I can say is wow...I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Had a follow up appointment this morning and I'm seeing 20/15 and my vision will continue to improve for the next 6-8 weeks. I feel like I have damn near eagle vision. Looking forward to riding my bike without my contacts drying up, nor having to worry about my glasses. :rockon:

I went with intraLASE as it's definitely a better way of cutting the corneal flap rather than a blade. It uses a laser custom mapped to your cornea to cut the flap. It's a better, smoother cut so there is less change of flap issues like there is with conventional LASIK. Cost more, but you only get one set of eyes. Not something I wanted to cheap out on.

I've spent a ton of money on toys in the past few years, but so far, this is the best investment for myself I've ever made.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I had mine done years ago, 8 or 9 now. I paid $600 total for both eyes at the Lasik institute in Milwaukee, WI. To this day my eyes still work perfect :)

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Very cool. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now. Glad to hear it went well!

When I talked to my eye doc about it he said my eyes are so bad that I'd probably still need glasses, but my vision would still be significantly improved. Can't say I'm surprised, I'm blind, ha.

oldmodman

Established Member
Congratulations!

I'm happy for you. The more great results I hear about the greater the chance that I may get it done someday.

But I'm still chicken when it comes to my eyes.:shrug:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Very cool. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now. Glad to hear it went well!

When I talked to my eye doc about it he said my eyes are so bad that I'd probably still need glasses, but my vision would still be significantly improved. Can't say I'm surprised, I'm blind, ha.

When did you ask him about? My vision is terrible too. I wear those hard gas permeable contacts. Freaking sucks Lol.

tap-a-keg

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Congratulations!

I'm happy for you. The more great results I hear about the greater the chance that I may get it done someday.

But I'm still chicken when it comes to my eyes.:shrug:

Ditto man, right now I can wear glasses and know I can still see. If they mess up on the table .........

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I also wear contacts and glasses. I been looking into this for awhile now. It's nice to see your procedure went well. I might be in the market for this soon.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Congrats OP! I had the Intralase procedure done back in '06, it cost me $4200 WITH their military discount. I went to the Mann Eye Institute here in Houston. 20/15 for the past 6 years and still working great.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
It ran me $4300. If I would have gotten the conventional procedure (without the CustomVue mappings and intraLASE), it would have been $2800.

Worth every single penny so far.

Users who are viewing this thread