Just Had LASIK Done...

Spoolx

Established Member
I got it down over 5 years ago and my vision is still 20/15.. best 2100 I ever spent.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
One day I will get this done too.

I would like a day where I can just pick up a cheap pair of sunglasses because I like the way they look.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I would like a day where I can just pick up a cheap pair of sunglasses because I like the way they look.
that's tied for the #1 reason why i want lasik(my other #1 obviously being to rid myself of glasses). would LOVE to just buy a pair of $10 sunglasses instead of spending $300 and waiting 3 weeks:rollseyes and i don't even wear them that much because i don't want to lose the overpriced shit.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I want this someday. Just thinking about it makes me tear up though. I'll wait a couple more years and maybe have an awesome jobs with benefits that covers it for free. I can always hope, right?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the biggest reasons why I'd want to consider having this done (being farsighted) is how it would make it so much easier/better to see up close when working in close quarters. There are situations where a close object isn't made more clear even with my glasses. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I had it done a few years ago but my astigmatism was so bad they couldn't do custom mapping. I'm going back in a couple of months for the 2nd procedure to get me down to 20/20.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
Update: Day 22...

It's been 3 weeks since the surgery so I figured I'd give a little update and my experience so far... (surgery was done 2/16/12)

Let me just say this: I've spent a LOT of money on things such as vehicles, vacations, hobbies, and what not...this is by far THE BEST money I've ever spent. I had glasses since I was in 2nd grade, and only started wearing contacts in 10th grade. I never knew what it was like to wake up being able to see clearly across the room. That first day I woke up and opened my eyes to a clear world was probably one of the best days of my life. Granted my entire procedure was close to $4,500 (all out of pocket); it is worth every penny.

My vision is very stable at this point, but technically can still fluctuate for another 2-3 weeks. Night driving still isn't the best as headlights and tail lights are very bright and have a "star burst" type look. I'm seeing some halos and glares as well. That's not expected to go away for another 2.5-3 months. I still have some broken blood vessels in my eye from the pressure of the suction ring (for aligning the IntraLase laser) and that's also not expect to completely subside for another few weeks. However day by day they are starting to disappear and become less red.

Dryness; this was one of my biggest concerns as this is a large and common side effect of the procedure. I can say this; as of right now it's not bothering me as bad as I thought. I'm using re-wetting drops twice a day at most and honestly I feel like I could go a full day without them if I need them.

How's my vision? -I feel like I have damn near Eagle vision. At my last eye appt. 2 weeks ago I read 100% of the 20/15 line, and 80% of the 20/10 line :eek: (and the 2 letters that I missed were O & C so they were fairly close). I'm legally seeing 20/15 in both eyes and if I get the 20/10 chart at 100% next eye appt. (which is next week), then my status will change to 20/10.

If anybody is contemplating this surgery, I highly recommend it. Sure, it's not cheap, but this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. The ease of life makes it worth every cent.

-Troy

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Don't count on the starburst effect to leave that soon. Mine hung around for a year or so but it didn't bother me that much.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Update: Day 22...

It's been 3 weeks since the surgery so I figured I'd give a little update and my experience so far... (surgery was done 2/16/12)

Let me just say this: I've spent a LOT of money on things such as vehicles, vacations, hobbies, and what not...this is by far THE BEST money I've ever spent. I had glasses since I was in 2nd grade, and only started wearing contacts in 10th grade. I never knew what it was like to wake up being able to see clearly across the room. That first day I woke up and opened my eyes to a clear world was probably one of the best days of my life. Granted my entire procedure was close to $4,500 (all out of pocket); it is worth every penny.

My vision is very stable at this point, but technically can still fluctuate for another 2-3 weeks. Night driving still isn't the best as headlights and tail lights are very bright and have a "star burst" type look. I'm seeing some halos and glares as well. That's not expected to go away for another 2.5-3 months. I still have some broken blood vessels in my eye from the pressure of the suction ring (for aligning the IntraLase laser) and that's also not expect to completely subside for another few weeks. However day by day they are starting to disappear and become less red.

Dryness; this was one of my biggest concerns as this is a large and common side effect of the procedure. I can say this; as of right now it's not bothering me as bad as I thought. I'm using re-wetting drops twice a day at most and honestly I feel like I could go a full day without them if I need them.

How's my vision? -I feel like I have damn near Eagle vision. At my last eye appt. 2 weeks ago I read 100% of the 20/15 line, and 80% of the 20/10 line :eek: (and the 2 letters that I missed were O & C so they were fairly close). I'm legally seeing 20/15 in both eyes and if I get the 20/10 chart at 100% next eye appt. (which is next week), then my status will change to 20/10.

If anybody is contemplating this surgery, I highly recommend it. Sure, it's not cheap, but this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. The ease of life makes it worth every cent.

-Troy

Nice review.. have been thinking about it for a while

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

AKcobra

Established Member
I have had a few friends get this done, and they all hands down 100% recommend the procedure. I am looking into getting it done myself this year. Thanks for the updates and progress tracking.

GodStang

Established Member
Was talking about getting it done in April. Thanks for the review. My vision is not super pad. -3.75 in both eyes. I have been wearing glasses since 1990 and now that I have kids that can walk my glasses keep disappearing. May be time for me to get this done.

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Tried getting it done a few years ago. Im -5.75 in my right eye and -5.00 in my left eye. I was so excited... Then i found out my corneas were too thin. ****.

GodStang

Established Member
Just got mine done this past Monday. Eyes are sensitive but no halos at night. 20/15 at my next day checkup no redness. Some dryness but not too bad. I just hate all the eye crusties.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
One question, is it painful?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
One question, is it painful?

I had mine done in 2003.

The procedure itself does not hurt.

For me the only issue was after the numbing drops wore off, about 5 hours after the procedure, my eyes felt like someone had dumped a five gallon pail of sand in my eyes, and you CANNOT itch or rub your eyes at all. Just use the drops. Mine were done at 3pm, so around 8pm I was uncomfortable and using the drops every 15 minutes it seemed. It did calm down, and I slept pretty good, and the next morning all was fine. Just some bloodshot eyes and the crusties as mentioned.

If you can get thru the first day, you'll be all set.

JBR87

Established Member
It ran me $4300. If I would have gotten the conventional procedure (without the CustomVue mappings and intraLASE), it would have been $2800.

Worth every single penny so far.

Same here I got it done almost 1.5 years ago still seeing 20/15 and loving it... I really piss my buddies off duck hunting now though.

Woody6799

Established Member
I got mine done 4 years ago now and I still love it everyday. As far as "pain" it is really just a weird feeling. There is a tiny bit of pain when the surgery is being performed, but afterwards it is really just more of a discomfort.

I went to Kremer Laser Eye Center in cherry hill for mine and I couldn't have been happier. I agree, its not cheap, but I paid top dollar on purpose... the eyes are just a little important...

Users who are viewing this thread