Just tell me you got it. That's all. Chime in.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
I do. Dosen't everybody:shrug: 96GT had it too...

I've never been in a 4.6L Mustang that dosen't have it.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: When I am changing UP, If I change gear as though I was driving an old 3 speed, letting the revs die before letting the clutch in, then I get a clunk. If I pretty much hold the revs from one gear to the next - no clunk. Changing down, NO clunk. Taking up the slack, NO clunk.

The Loon

Established Member
I did and they replaced the transmission, After a couple of weeks of the "CLUNK", I couldn't get the car in reverse and then I had to bring it in to the dealer. Now of course I have another problem. I hear squealing coming from the clutch when I step down it after a long ride of stop and go traffic. This was last year. I have a first run Mineral grey convertable.

I'm going to post the clutch squeal. See if anyone knows what it is..

Take care,

The Loon

DSGsnake

Established Member
Clunk

Yes. The drivetrain has excessive noise and lash. I'm surprised SVT delivered the car this way. Back off the throttle completely then snap it back on and it sounds like the drive (or half) shaft(s) are coming through the floorboards. Not cool.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Re: Clunk

Originally posted by DSGsnake
Yes. The drivetrain has excessive noise and lash. I'm surprised SVT delivered the car this way. Back off the throttle completely then snap it back on and it sounds like the drive (or half) shaft(s) are coming through the floorboards. Not cool.

Exactly what I have...I add a little throttle and slip the cluth a bit and it seems to smooth it out a bit.:shrug:

DSGsnake

Established Member
It is not my style to drive around poor chassis design implementation. So does anyone know exactly what the problem is? And the fix?
Otherwise, great performance and styling - can't be beat!

Users who are viewing this thread