KB 2,4 525rwhp, little low?

Nikohm

Established Member
Hello, i had my car on the dyno(mustang) and it put down 525 to the wheels with 18psi, I thougt it was a little low so I would like to here what you guys think? What are "normal" numbers to put down with my setup as seen below?

KB 2,4
Exhaust
Cai
Fuel pump
H/E
NGK sparkplugs

Headers are coming on next week and then I will do another pull at the dyno.

Take Care, Niko

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Seems real low. Whats your timing set at? Put some more timing in it along with fuel. Did you just ahve a Dyno session or tune it at the same time?

GodStang

Established Member
We have no idea if it is low. What is the timing? Also if the Mustang Dyno was setup correctly than your numbers could be 10-15% lower than a matching dyno jet. We have no idea how the Mustang dyno was setup. You say exhaust. What do you mean. All cars have exhaust. What did you change on it.

Also which Throttle body? IF it is the stock one that is holding you back a bit.

We need more info. If your car was setup correctly on a Mustang Dyno and you are running 16 degrees timing which is recommended for street use your numbers may not be that low.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
If its @ 16* with 18psi I would find a new tuner....u can give that thing 18-19* all day.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
That seems really low a friend of my who owned a 2003 saleen/cobra with pretty much same mods and a smaller old 2.2 kb on around same boost 18-20psi I belive he put down 602rwhp

GodStang

Established Member
If its @ 16* with 18psi I would find a new tuner....u can give that thing 18-19* all day.

No a good tuner for the street on 91 or 93 will not put more than 16 or 17 for a safe tune. I have a built engine and one of the best tuners in the country and I am only running 16 degrees timing. You start adding too much timing and one bad tank of gas and your engine is gone. Has happened a few times to these cars.

TRBO VNM

yeah it's low for sure and way too many unknowns with the lack of info provided like everyone else said. Don't throw parts at it trying to fix it. And don't just bolt on long tubes and put it on for a number. It needs to be tuned.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Whom is the tuner? Tell him you want dynojet numbers. If you really want to know, take it to the track and get a 1/4 mile MPH.

Last edited:

Nikohm

Established Member
Not tuned yet, the tune and headers are going in on monday. I have no idea what the timing will be but come monday I will know fore sure. However the car was bought with the KB on it so some form of tune it has, dont know witch though. Hoping for high numbers on monday:banana: anybody whant to guess what the numbers will be feel free to do so.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Not tuned yet, the tune and headers are going in on monday. I have no idea what the timing will be but come monday I will know fore sure. However the car was bought with the KB on it so some form of tune it has, dont know witch though. Hoping for high numbers on monday:banana: anybody whant to guess what the numbers will be feel free to do so.

make sure to come back, and post up what she ends up making this time!

just curious, what are the dyno shop conditions like? temps in there? is the shop AC? hot as hell?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
No a good tuner for the street on 91 or 93 will not put more than 16 or 17 for a safe tune. I have a built engine and one of the best tuners in the country and I am only running 16 degrees timing. You start adding too much timing and one bad tank of gas and your engine is gone. Has happened a few times to these cars.

"safe" sure 16* is fine....but a "tune" should be middle of the road...16* being low and 20-21* being high side....like is said 18* timing will make the numbers everyone else does. Ive seen cars run on pump 93 with 20psi & 21* of timing for years...just depends on luck and how u drive it. My self i run 18* on my street tune with 93 pump gas no matter what boost i make, 20 psi being the highest i will go on pump. But then again i dont care if i blow the motor up....i WANT and PLAN to build another motor whenever this one gives up on me....so i will always push mine a little harder than most.

Last edited:

Nikohm

Established Member
update 20110831

now the car is dynoed and ready to hit the roads.

The outcome was 540 rwhp and 5oo rwtq with 18Psi and 14* timing.
And the tuner use a Mustang dyno.

Mods:
KB 2.4
Kooks headers race cats
Magnaflow exhaust
Cai
heat exchanger

Are the nr high / low whats your opinion ?!

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
That's fine for you, but to make a statement like all day long is bad advice to say the least. I am not saying you have no idea what you are talking about, but you have to give someone more realistic advice IMO.

"safe" sure 16* is fine....but a "tune" should be middle of the road...16* being low and 20-21* being high side....like is said 18* timing will make the numbers everyone else does. Ive seen cars run on pump 93 with 20psi & 21* of timing for years...just depends on luck and how u drive it. My self i run 18* on my street tune with 93 pump gas no matter what boost i make, 20 psi being the highest i will go on pump. But then again i dont care if i blow the motor up....i WANT and PLAN to build another motor whenever this one gives up on me....so i will always push mine a little harder than most.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
14* is a little low. Who is this tuner???

Have you run a compression check on this motor? How many miles? What is the history on this car? Just curious.

A dyno number is nothing more than a number. People get to hung up on it. Best thing about a dyno is the ability to make changes to the car and record the outcome. Much safer than on the street!

now the car is dynoed and ready to hit the roads.

The outcome was 540 rwhp and 5oo rwtq with 18Psi and 14* timing.
And the tuner use a Mustang dyno.

Mods:
KB 2.4
Kooks headers race cats
Magnaflow exhaust
Cai
heat exchanger

Are the nr high / low whats your opinion ?!

Users who are viewing this thread