Kenne bell competition dual boost-a-pump makes 1020 rwhp (1200ehp)

Kenne Bell

Established Member
KENNE BELL COMPETITION DUAL BOOST-A-PUMP MAKES 1020 RWHP (1200EHP) ON EVOLUTION GT500 SHELBY
The Evolution Motorsports dual turbo Shelby churned out 1020 RWHP with only 80lb injectors, stock Shelby pumps and a KB competition dual BOOST-A-PUMP.

Now does anyone still believe that propaganda from the “pump people” who claim the BAP is a “band aid”
-or
Really? 1020 RWHP converts 1200 engine HP. We claim that our competition BAP is good for 1000HP on a Shelby GT500 with the stock dual pumps. That’s a 20% safety factor!

Our own 100% stock Shelby GT500 pumped out 902HP on a Dynojet with ONLY the Dual Competition BAP-and plenty to spare. We’ve always contended that ONLY the addition of a Competition BAP with the dual Shelby pumps will support up to 1000 EHP with fuel to spare on an ‘05 up Mustang GT or ‘07 up Shelby with the stock Ford Shelby pumps.

Even a 3 pump system may not match this fuel flow-without a BAP. And it costs a lot more than $449.

Jim Bell

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Jim, how many times have we warned you?! If you mention us "pump people" WE WILL RESPOND! I know you would appreciate this too by the way, because you are from the same era, but as Paul Harvey used to say "And now here's the rest of the story!".

That would be impressive if it were true (that all you needed was a BAP for 1000rwhp), but why don't you tell the real story? You know, how the tuner had to command 60 psi of BASE pressure? How maxed out the system was? Over 97% duty cycle, and the car was so lean that it was absolutely NOT safe to run! The car didn't make any more power because it was out of fuel, Jim. Oh, and now the car is running a version of the "pump people's" triple return style fuel system now, why is that? It's always good to leave out the facts I guess. Oh, and I don't see a .pdf file linked, so it can't be true :coolman:

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
jim, how many times have we warned you?! If you mention us "pump people" we will respond! I know you would appreciate this too by the way, because you are from the same era, but as paul harvey used to say "and now here's the rest of the story!".

That would be impressive if it were true (that all you needed was a bap for 1000rwhp), but why don't you tell the real story? About how the tuner had to command 60 psi of base pressure. How about how maxed out the system was? Over 97% duty cycle, and the car was so lean that it was absolutely not safe to run. The car didn't make any more power because it was out of fuel. oh, and how about how now that car is running a version of the "pump people's" triple return style fuel system now? it's always good to leave out the facts. Oh, and i don't see a .pdf file linked, so it can't be true :coolman:
burn!!!

no matter how much power you can make with any sort of quintupple boost-a-pump it is still a bandaid, since your pushing the factory fuel pump much harder than it was designed for(either that, or ford spent a LOT more money on a stock fuel pump than they should have). if it was really that easy, RC guys wouldn't ever change their stock electric motors, just pump more voltage to them. in fact, there would only be about 10 different sized electric motors that the world would ever need for any application, you would just vary the voltage being sent to them.
if the boost-a-pump works fine for someone, then great! if it's working fine then there really isn't a need to switch. but lets not pretend that a voltage booster is a replacement for a real fuel pump/mutli pump set up.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
Jim, How many times have we warned you?! If you mention us "pump people" WE WILL RESPOND! I know you would appreciate this too by the way, because you are from the same era, but as Paul Harvey used to say "And now here's the rest of the story!".

That would be impressive if it were true (that all you needed was a BAP for 1000rwhp), but why don't you tell the real story? About how the tuner had to command 60 psi of BASE pressure. How about how maxed out the system was? Over 97% duty cycle, and the car was so lean that it was absolutely NOT safe to run. The car didn't make any more power because it was out of fuel. Oh, and how about how now that car is running a version of the "pump people's" triple return style fuel system now? It's always good to leave out the facts. Oh, and I don't see a .pdf file linked, so it can't be true :coolman:

Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

rdsnk46

Established Member
Ring side seats for a heavy weight bout is the best! DING!("Only in America!" Don King)

rdsnk46

Established Member
Big Jon is gonna bring the pain! PRI is in full effect! Ready on command! FIRE!

ah64_2.jpg

Last edited:

Kostas

Established Member
you gotta love the forums. Some of this:burn:, some of that :bash:and at the end :shrug:

mm49

Established Member
To whom it may concern.......... Lets get the facts direct from Jon Lund instead of a Cell phone Call and then over to the guy sitting at the desk... No offense but some things are lost in the translation.

The car made 1022.... Twin 66mm Turbos.... Comp BAP with 80lb Injectors and the Delta P raised to 60 psi due to the RPM and HP level. The car leaned to 12.3 at 7100 rpm because it ran out Injector and Pump not just one item. It was meant to find the limit of what could be pulled out of a 80lb Injector and Boost-a-Pump. The car was on the edge and YES it would not have been ran at the track at that power level The only comparison I have with a Triple Pump returnless is a Kenne Bell Car tuned out of Komet Motorsports two days ago. The remote tuned setup was 19lbs , C16, 80lb Injectors Delta P ramped at 50psi and the Duty Cycle was 86% making 745 rwhp.

I have just not tuned enough Triple Pump returnless systems to make a comparison worth posting.

The majority of you inbred internet asshats don't have a enough knowledge base to even understand the word "Delta P" let alone if that was droppped to say 50 psi with a larger Injector.... The Fuel System would support even more HP....

Have enough day ... Yet my 2nd post this year...... and my last !!!!!

Jon L

Jim, How many times have we warned you?! If you mention us "pump people" WE WILL RESPOND! I know you would appreciate this too by the way, because you are from the same era, but as Paul Harvey used to say "And now here's the rest of the story!".

That would be impressive if it were true (that all you needed was a BAP for 1000rwhp), but why don't you tell the real story? About how the tuner had to command 60 psi of BASE pressure. How about how maxed out the system was? Over 97% duty cycle, and the car was so lean that it was absolutely NOT safe to run. The car didn't make any more power because it was out of fuel. Oh, and how about how now that car is running a version of the "pump people's" triple return style fuel system now? It's always good to leave out the facts. Oh, and I don't see a .pdf file linked, so it can't be true :coolman:

rdsnk46

Established Member
To whom it may concern.......... Lets get the facts direct from Jon Lund instead of a Cell phone Call and then over to the guy sitting at the desk... No offense but some things are lost in the translation.

The car made 1022.... Twin 66mm Turbos.... Comp BAP with 80lb Injectors and the Delta P raised to 60 psi due to the RPM and HP level. The car leaned to 12.3 at 7100 rpm because it ran out Injector and Pump not just one item. It was meant to find the limit of what could be pulled out of a 80lb Injector and Boost-a-Pump. The car was on the edge and YES it would not have been ran at the track at that power level The only comparison I have with a Triple Pump returnless is a Kenne Bell Car tuned out of Komet Motorsports two days ago. The remote tuned setup was 19lbs , C16, 80lb Injectors Delta P ramped at 50psi and the Duty Cycle was 86% making 745 rwhp.

I have just not tuned enough Triple Pump returnless systems to make a comparison worth posting.

The majority of you inbred internet asshats don't have a enough knowledge base to even understand the word "Delta P" let alone if that was droppped to say 50 psi with a larger Injector.... The Fuel System would support even more HP....

Jon L

Dustoff 49 to many casualties you need to return from your med-vac mission, do you copy!:p

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Jon L

You and Andy better watch your kidneys tonight. If I catch you slipping they're gonna find the both of you at the Peabody on ice and me on a plane to South America with your kidneys at 10k a pop. :D:D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS Jim and Ken!

Your favorite "Pump Person" :rockon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well if that's the case, then maybe kenne bell should have noted that this isn't what the pump is capable of(with 80lb injectors), but rather a test to push the limits. the OP reads as if this is perfectly achievable.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
WOW, you know if Jon is posting, its serious business! What he typed was about the same as me reading Korean!
Damn you PUMP PEOPLE! DAMN YOU!

Van@RevanRacing

inside joke at its finest.....if they only knew

i do know and dammit, I wish I could be there, this could be very good!!

Big Jon is gonna bring the pain! PRI is in full effect! Ready on command! FIRE!

Lock and Load!

ah64_2.jpg

Jon L

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch!! Yet another classic Lundism, "The majority of you inbred internet asshats don't have a enough knowledge base to even understand the word "Delta P" let alone if that was droppped to say 50 psi with a larger Injector.... "

LMBO

Users who are viewing this thread