Kills in 2013 Shelby

kaz109

Established Member
Jealousy is a mfer. And why would I join a fan club for pointing out the obvious? Why did I even respond in this ridiculous thread? I let it go forever but just couldn't resist for some reason.

Because ppl like the OP are fun that's why and you know it lol ....although every time a point its made his " oh join the fan club" remarks are getting old.:shrug:

2013Trinity

Established Member
Treynor, you seriously should get a little sleeper Mustang or Camaro with DRs (not a Veyron). Drive it to work and call out the other execs with super cars. You'd have A LOT of fun with it, and i'd think you were REALLY cool.

kaz109

Established Member
I put the OP is the same class as the FOP he is talking about in this thread because he feels the need to "flaunt" every car he has owned, past and present in his Sig..he is no different than treynor since he does the same thing he posted out that treynor did, just on a much much smaller dollar scale

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
[...] Third, in an effort to convince myself that I'm not "projecting" too much, I'll admit there may be Ferrari owners that truly don't care if they lose to a Mustang. It's my opinion (avoiding projection here), that most Ferrari owners don't like to lose. You are a Ferrari owner. Do you like to lose?

Fair enough :) I would say that I do not like unpleasant surprises. So if I expect to succeed at something, and do not, I'll expend effort to improve my outcomes. On the other hand, I am willing to try something where I do not expect to succeed, and if I then do not, it doesn't bother me.

Real world example: I took my McLaren up to Sacramento Dragstrip last year for Grudge night. After racing several other attendees, one fellow in a Hayabusa asked me if I would race him in the McLaren - going up against an exotic was on his 'bucket list', he said - and I agreed. As you would expect, he sucked the doors off the 12C, pulling convincingly from 30 - 100 MPH. He was thrilled, his friend got it on camera, and I was happy to put a smile on his face and give the crowd a good show. It did not bother me one iota to lose a race like that -- why should it? Obviously if I couldn't stand to lose at all, I wouldn't have agreed to the race in the first place.

On the other hand, that same evening I went up against a low-12 sec LS1. I spun badly on the launch and the LS1 pulled a serious lead. I hunted him down on the big end because of the 12c's horsepower advantage, and barely beat him on ET. Would I have been cheesed off to lose that race? You bet - at myself, for screwing up the launch.

Make sense?

2013Trinity

Established Member
I put the OP is the same class as the FOP he is talking about in this thread because he feels the need to "flaunt" every car he has owned, past and present in his Sig..he is no different than treynor since he does the same thing he posted out that treynor did, just on a much much smaller dollar scale

I didn't think my short list was anything to brag about. I'm truly offended by the above because I can't stand FOPs!

2013Trinity

Established Member
Fair enough :) I would say that I do not like unpleasant surprises. So if I expect to succeed at something, and do not, I'll expend effort to improve my outcomes. On the other hand, I am willing to try something where I do not expect to succeed, and if I then do not, it doesn't bother me.

Real world example: I took my McLaren up to Sacramento Dragstrip last year for Grudge night. After racing several other attendees, one fellow in a Hayabusa asked me if I would race him in the McLaren - going up against an exotic was on his 'bucket list', he said - and I agreed. As you would expect, he sucked the doors off the 12C, pulling convincingly from 30 - 100 MPH. He was thrilled, his friend got it on camera, and I was happy to put a smile on his face and give the crowd a good show. It did not bother me one iota to lose a race like that -- why should it? Obviously if I couldn't stand to lose at all, I wouldn't have agreed to the race in the first place.

On the other hand, that same evening I went up against a low-12 sec LS1. I spun badly on the launch and the LS1 pulled a serious lead. I hunted him down on the big end because of the 12c's horsepower advantage, and barely beat him on ET. Would I have been cheesed off to lose that race? You bet - at myself, for screwing up the launch.

Make sense?

Perfect sense, and well articulated.

kaz109

Established Member
I didn't think my short list was anything to brag about. I'm truly offended by the above because I can't stand FOPs!

If it wasn't then why bother putting it up there? So let me get this right, because your list isn't the same as a more expensive list you are not bragging or flaunting but said rich guy is?

You are saying (without actually saying it) if you have money (scrooge mcduck money)you can't be a car enthusiast and you are just flaunting and bragging etc etc but if you are any other tax bracket then you are just a car enthusiast posting pic?

Yes I that may be putting exact words in your mouth when you didn't actually say that but if you read hour post in this thread especially regarding treynor that is exactly what you are saying and it is unbearably naive...

2013Trinity

Established Member
I'm not saying anything is "right or wrong". I've never proclaimed anything as "gospel". However, I do respect men that have big $$$ and fly under the radar. I'm probably influenced by a former mentor that was a billionaire (seriously) that flew Southwest and drove an ugly white 528i BMW.

kaz109

Established Member
I was simply pointing out that you said treynor flaunts his cars because he has posted pics of them yet you don't feel your Sig of every car you have owned past and present ( in which case some have nothing to do with a ford site)is flaunting simply because of the dollar value....

Did I not connect the dots correctly? Would it be easier to understand what I am saying if I multi quote all the post I am referring too?

2013Trinity

Established Member
Are you saying there's no difference between a list of cheap american cars on a sig and million dollar cars with loaves of bread in full HD on Yahoo's news page?

AGAIN, I'm not saying what Treynor does is wrong. It's just not my style. He can be a great guy (which I'm sure he is), and have his own style.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Are you saying there's no difference between a list of cheap american cars on a sig and million dollar cars with loaves of bread in full HD on Yahoo's news page?

AGAIN, I'm not saying what Treynor does is wrong. It's just not my style. He can be a great guy (which I'm sure he is), and have his own style.
With respect, I would say yes it's the exact same thing. You're proud of what you have, why is it different if he is also? The only difference is $$, not the pride. :beer: If you can honestly say that you wouldn't buy a Ferrari (or some other high end exotic) if you had unlimited disposable income then your 'car guy' card is in jeopardy! :D:D

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

Making yahoo was not his intent. They are a competitor too. The whole thing happened a while ago when another member called him out saying he did not own any of the cars he showed pics of etc...

What Treynor does is no different than what other guys do posting pics of their Mustang or Vette that looks like every other on the road. It just so happens his cars are exotics and then jealousy comes into play and he is flaunting to people like you. Some people on here think 03 Cobras or GT500 are dream cars. :dw:

kaz109

Established Member
Treynor, you seriously should get a little sleeper Mustang or Camaro with DRs (not a Veyron). Drive it to work and call out the other execs with super cars. You'd have A LOT of fun with it, and i'd think you were REALLY cool.

First of all if he did that it would be no sleeper because ppl at his job knows he has the money to build a 9 sec (insert any car brand and model here)

Secondly if he did that and posted it he would be "flaunting and bragging" ....so once again you prove if it is a car that YOU can afford YOU would think said millionaire is really cool but when said millionaire post pics or tells stories about exotics he is flaunting and that is just not your style.

As I have pointed out and others as well, the only difference is the $$$$$$$ ....I find it very funny that you are having such a hard time putting 2+2 together

2013Trinity

Established Member
With respect, I would say yes it's the exact same thing. You're proud of what you have, why is it different if he is also? The only difference is $$, not the pride. :beer: If you can honestly say that you wouldn't buy a Ferrari (or some other high end exotic) if you had unlimited disposable income then your 'car guy' card is in jeopardy! :D:D

I CAN honestly say that. I have no desire to buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Veyron, etc. I've just seen a lot of posers drive them that don't know what to even do with them. I really enjoy driving american muscle, driving them hard, and smoking guys in exotics. My favorite movie is Hoosiers, and I always root for the underdog.

Oh, and before you accuse me of having this attitude because I can't afford one, I'll save you some time. Yes, I can afford an exotic.

I offered to buy my wife an Escalade a while back...her response...aren't they basically a LTZ Suburban but a lot more flashy and expensive? That's why I love her!

2013Trinity

Established Member
First of all if he did that it would be no sleeper because ppl at his job knows he has the money to build a 9 sec (insert any car brand and model here)

Secondly if he did that and posted it he would be "flaunting and bragging" ....so once again you prove if it is a car that YOU can afford YOU would think said millionaire is really cool but when said millionaire post pics or tells stories about exotics he is flaunting and that is just not your style.

As I have pointed out and others as well, the only difference is the $$$$$$$ ....I find it very funny that you are having such a hard time putting 2+2 together

You somehow know my net worth? Ha! You never asked ME if I was a millionaire.

Second, I said earlier IMO, it's OK to flaunt horsepower, not big $$$. AGAIN, not saying I'm right or wrong, just stating my style/opinion! How many times do I need to repeat this???

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I CAN honestly say that. I have no desire to buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Veyron, etc. I've just seen a lot of posers drive them that don't know what to even do with them. I really enjoy driving american muscle, driving them hard, and smoking guys in exotics. My favorite movie is Hoosiers, and I always root for the underdog.

Oh, and before you accuse me of having this attitude because I can't afford one, I'll save you some time. Yes, I can afford an exotic.

I offered to buy my wife an Escalade a while back...her response...aren't they basically a LTZ Suburban but a lot more flashy and expensive? That's why I love her!
lol, I'm not going to accuse you of anything. It was a hypothetical question. I enjoy driving some American muscle also but if I had the disposable income I'd drive the shit out of a Ferrari. I would tint the windows because I wouldn't want the attention but the Shelby would feel like my truck does now... lonely.
Because:
drive-a-ferrari-458-italia.jpg

Ok, look at it again.. if you wouldn't drive that turn your car guy card in at the nearest meet. ;-) :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
lol, I'm not going to accuse you of anything. It was a hypothetical question. I enjoy driving some American muscle also but if I had the disposable income I'd drive the shit out of a Ferrari. I would tint the windows because I wouldn't want the attention but the Shelby would feel like my truck does now... lonely.
Because:
drive-a-ferrari-458-italia.jpg

Ok, look at it again.. if you wouldn't drive that turn your car guy card in at the nearest meet. ;-) :beer:

I disagree with this post 100% ....you are basing this logic on preference. Not everybody likes Ferrari's therefore if money were object it is still possible that somebody would not by a (insert car brand here). I for one would never own a vette or Lamborghini no matter how much money I had. I simply don't care for those brands and would own anything else but those

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I disagree with this post 100% ....you are basing this logic on preference. Not everybody likes Ferrari's therefore if money were object it is still possible that somebody would not by a (insert car brand here). I for one would never own a vette or Lamborghini no matter how much money I had. I simply don't care for those brands and would own anything else but those
Just to be sure, you do know I'm joking around right? I'll easily agree there are probably some people who wouldn't buy a Ferrari.
If someone gave you a 458, paid the insurance, all repair bills, and your gas, you wouldn't drive it around town? Essentially that's what I mean by unlimited disposable cash. You could have any cars you want in the stable, you wouldn't put one in there?

Users who are viewing this thread