Let's see those Latest Purchases!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool, any reason you didnt go with a whole home generator??? Once were done with our "variance permit" approval our generator should be installed by mid November.

Because I wanted something that could be portable on a moment's notice. ;)

Originally I was looking at the Delta Pro. Where I could connect two together, create 220 V, and do a fully automatic transfer switch. Then I started looking at weight and portability compared to my need of 220 V. The only device I have at 220 is the AC. And if SHTF, no body cares about AC. So I opted for a smaller unit, with only 120 V capability, as a trade off for being able to grab it and move out the house in 15 minutes.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Because I wanted something that could be portable on a moment's notice. ;)

Originally I was looking at the Delta Pro. Where I could connect two together, create 220 V, and do a fully automatic transfer switch. Then I started looking at weight and portability compared to my need of 220 V. The only device I have at 220 is the AC. And if SHTF, no body cares about AC. So I opted for a smaller unit, with only 120 V capability, as a trade off for being able to grab it and move out the house in 15 minutes.
I was guessing something like TEOTWAKI, looks like you chose wisely.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's been an expensive month. Canon Pro-300 printer. Not the sexiest purchase but I've always wanted a large format archival printer:
20231023_145241_HDR.jpg

CRG chassis and a new KZ-R2. Swapped all of the nuts/bolts and chassis hardware with titanium/carbon fiber and a new stand that lets me get it up and down by myself. The new motor should be a bump of about 15-18 horsepower more than my CR125 shifter. I'll be running it at Laguna Seca some time in 2024:
20231023_093619.jpg

For the watch folks, a Citizen JDM. Hand laid lacquer leaf dial, hardened steel case, sapphire crystal, movement measuring at 0 to -1 sec/day with a 0.3 m/s beat error, 100m water resistance. It puts my Presage to absolute shame.
image (2).jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn truth right here.

I'm into scanners. I had to delete the ham frequencies. Some of them don't STFU. lol

Right now I'm working at a guy's house replacing some trim.
That dude has wires and antennas all over the place outside. He builds his own antennas. I'll try to get some pics. I'm not even sure how he mows the lawn. There's random wires everywhere.
I guess with Ham you just send out a signal and wait for someone to respond? He said the furthest he has reached is Japan!

Morgan

Established Member
That dude has wires and antennas all over the place outside. He builds his own antennas. I'll try to get some pics. I'm not even sure how he mows the lawn. There's random wires everywhere.
I guess with Ham you just send out a signal and wait for someone to respond? He said the furthest he has reached is Japan!

like... "tune in Toyoko"?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The ones I had programmed are local guys in clubs. Personally not interested. I have a couple of scanners now, this being my main one and my telescoping antenna that goes up 20'. only about 10' in the picture. This isn't my SDS200 picture, just the same one.
SDS200.jpg

Antenna 2.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently my wife got the “ bark box “ for the dogs… $30 a month

Great
damn, i think it was like $20 a month when I was doing that, paid it a year at a time. She can't have their treats anymore so now she gets a box every other month with 3 toys, I think that ones like $30 now.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
damn, i think it was like $20 a month when I was doing that, paid it a year at a time. She can't have their treats anymore so now she gets a box every other month with 3 toys, I think that ones like $30 now.

It had 3 toys. Plus 2 bags of treats plus some “ food topping powder “ that makes the food taste better.

No idea. More of a wtf lol

Blown 89

Established Member
The ones I had programmed are local guys in clubs. Personally not interested. I have a couple of scanners now, this being my main one and my telescoping antenna that goes up 20'. only about 10' in the picture. This isn't my SDS200 picture, just the same one.
View attachment 1814517
View attachment 1814518
I saw a video today of a guy in his backyard contacting the ISS as it flew over. Is that really possible?

Users who are viewing this thread