Let's talk turbo back pressure!

CPRsm

^^^It's funny when people think a single should for some reason be cheaper than twins. I get a pair of 62's cheaper than the singles I put in my kit.

Lol people have already gone in the 9's with the hellion TT kit so I'd say its working pretty well.

Also I can't remember but what did you make hp and TQ on a stock gt motor?
Oh I didn't say it didn't work well. We're talking cream of the crop ;) How many people in the 9's with the single kit?
So far 724rwhp on 91. But I show in SAE and rpm also.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
How come other manufactures are running 75mm turbines with no issues though? The Hellion kit doesn't suck (check out my review) it just wasn't designed well IMO. I also bought it because I got it used for a great price, it was more then worth it for the numbers Adam got outta the kit. I'm trying to pin-point and fix the flaws so others can have the right information and maybe they will even consider re-designing or fixing it.

Well not being designed well is a nicer way of saying it sucks. I'm not knocking u man, obviously it can be made to work, but I just feel like you shouldn't have to do that. a PTE 0.96 AIR on a 75mm turbine isn't enough for a 5.0L coyote. It's too small. You're better off running the 7675 GT42 style and taking the 1.28 divided housing and hogging out the divider. At that still may not be enough (unless you only want 575-600whp). IMO you need the 85 turbine if you're going to run a single precision. And for a BB 7685 from PTE, you're looking at close to $3000, pricing them out of the market for the single. I may try the 7685 out in the future after I do a block and fuel system but it doesn't make sense for a guy trying to sell single kits.

D.T.R

Established Member
^^^It's funny when people think a single should for some reason be cheaper than twins. I get a pair of 62's cheaper than the singles I put in my kit.

Oh I didn't say it didn't work well. We're talking cream of the crop ;) How many people in the 9's with the single kit?
So far 724rwhp on 91. But I show in SAE and rpm also.

I know, as you said, that one big single can cost about as much as 2 smaller twins...
But everyone makes it sound like the TT kit is $5k more than any other kit, when the difference is less than $1k :shrug:

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Well not being designed well is a nicer way of saying it sucks. I'm not knocking u man, obviously it can be made to work, but I just feel like you shouldn't have to do that. a PTE 0.96 AIR on a 75mm turbine isn't enough for a 5.0L coyote. It's too small. You're better off running the 7675 GT42 style and taking the 1.28 divided housing and hogging out the divider. At that still may not be enough (unless you only want 575-600whp). IMO you need the 85 turbine if you're going to run a single precision. And for a BB 7685 from PTE, you're looking at close to $3000, pricing them out of the market for the single. I may try the 7685 out in the future after I do a block and fuel system but it doesn't make sense for a guy trying to sell single kits.

I thought about it after I wrote it and you're right, I was just being polite LOL! I appreciate the feedback on the turbo suggestions! I'm going to look into those ideas.

^^We'll see. Track will tell all. ;)

It's a 74/82. Could go smaller. Back pressure is pretty low. But 500ft/lbs at 3300 is already hard on poor ole street tires lol.

Speed, (got ur name right this time lol)
The 76 might make a little more power. But not much since it's a back pressure problem. Multiple pressure ports to test pressure in different spots will let you narrow it down. Before the turbo you're going to be about 2-1 at 9-10 psi. That's what we saw. Who knows what would fix it. The people pushing the kit saying it was fine are pushing a different kit now and never shown a dyno graph that I know of. You're on your own there it looks like.

I'm on my own with a lot when it comes to this kit :lol: It's ok I'm glad to do this legwork for everyone. When you say smaller, what are you thinking? 80mm?

650whp on a bike? good god lol
a GT40R iirc can make well over 700whp.

Yeah 652 and 294tq on 38lbs, fun bike to say the least!

CPRsm

Well when I say smaller I mea t less than 82. But smaller for me wouldn't really do anything but haze the tires. For yours idk what you can do. BBR ran the next size turbine up but said they needed nitrous to spool the turbo. It's an 85mm, it should spool fine.

BTrinanes

Established Member
I thought about it after I wrote it and you're right, I was just being polite LOL! I appreciate the feedback on the turbo suggestions! I'm going to look into those ideas.

I'm on my own with a lot when it comes to this kit :lol: It's ok I'm glad to do this legwork for everyone. When you say smaller, what are you thinking? 80mm?

Yeah 652 and 294tq on 38lbs, fun bike to say the least!

Damm.. I thought I had a potent busa, Im at 570 rwhp w 270lflbs and its ridiculous at 370 rwhp w pump.. Good luck with your kit Im sure you'll get it figured out soon.. Bob

robbinthehood

Established Member
Installing a hellion single with precision 76mm in a few weeks and it has a 46mm wastegate externally dumped and all hot side piping has been replaced with 2.5 inch piping. I have a 3 inch off road x and gt500s now but hope they don't choke the kit too much

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Users who are viewing this thread