Lightning 6 Speed Project Thread

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Meh....I like the Auto. Its easier to drive. I do wish you guys luck though.

I wonder what happend to the white one that got the manual in it. I think it was like an $11K swap from a company.

Dusten

Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
What about the driveshaft?
this is really the least of the concerns. Any compentent driveline shop can build one to spec in a day or two.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
How much will the manual set-up weigh compared to the auto??

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Just got back from a day of waterskiing/wakeboarding and you guys are already asking the good questions!

The torque rating of the T56 is to be taken with a grain of salt. The engineer from Tremec said that they only test the trannies up to the rating of the car they are built for. Also the rating is an instant "shot" of power/torgue to the tranny. In a real world application, you would rarely see this happen inless you are a the type that turns your car into bucking bronco with every launch. For example, your peak toruque does not happen at the same time as the highest strain on the tranny (launch or a 5 down the 3 shift), This is the same internals as the Terminator guys and uses all the same castings and CNC programs as the Viper tranny and the Camaro.

I will post pictures of all the parts needed for this project and if Cichlids feels its appropriate he will share the costs with you as well. What I can tell you is that its no where near the 11K...

Not to sure on weight savings until we get the old tranny out.

Last edited:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
lightningonbags said:
:poke: Don't try to hide from my question....:poke: If the 6 sp is stg 2 then WHAT is stg 3????

BTW Your truck was awsome from the start and this only makes it more awsomer<what a great word!!!:D

I could say the 3rd stage

1st 6 Speed

2nd ?????

3rd More body work/interior redesign. If you have seen previous threads of mine you might see what I will be up to this winter.

6 speed is what we are doing for now and the 2nd stage is in the works

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Scotts Elle said:
I will post pictures of all the parts needed for this project and if Cichlids feels its appropriate he will share the costs with you as well. What I can tell you is that its no where near the 11K...

I will give all the parts I got for this project with the product numbers and which SV got them. Right now we still may have an odd part here or there that we still need to get. To be honest I bet all the parts/materials will be under 6K CAD (although the rate is almost par) but labour is a whole new story for some of you. Maybe Scott can try to figure out how many man hours are in this project.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Which flywheel are you using, nodular, billet steel or aluminum? It would be NICE to cruise on the hwy at 1600 rpms for a change, lol.

Awesome project guys! :beer:

OH-MAN

Established Member
I can say that this is going to work.
Scott has shown me with the 4 Bar that he does the research and has the ability to solve the problems ahead.
Keep us posted I am real interested in this one.

1 Bad Bolt

Got to love the SVT
Established Member
Seen it done

:beer: Fast lane in Winnipeg Manitoba did a T56 conversion in a lightning 2 years ago and that tuck had no issues at all and is sitll running around... the truck was sick and could smoke the tires off in any gear if you could drive it... i think it's a fun idea but personally i love the auto in these trucks. it will be a learning experience to try and drive the truck hard banging the gears all while trying to stay planted in the drivers seat... best of luck and keep us posted...

Users who are viewing this thread