Low Mileage Cobra- Drive it?

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
the point

Look at it this way...

If you have a beautiful, sexy, and willing girlfriend and all that you do with, for and to her is buy her gifts...(tires, wheels, TB's, SC's, supertunes, etc), then what is the point of having one?

She wants you to enjoy her.

If you don't want to drive it, somebody else will.

It ain't the miles on the speedometer, it's the miles in the seat.

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
You should've thought of this before you purchased it. It's a car, drive it! I never understood how folks keep a car and never drive it only to sell to someone else, so they can then enjoy it :nonono:. If I buy it I'M going to enjoy it. What am I holding out for. You can sell this one that's perfectly fine only to buy someone else's headache. Then you'll wish you had've kept your original car. I'd keep what I have and drive it like it's supposed to be driven. These cars are not going to be any big value any time soon and since you'd sell it to someone else you'd miss out on the benefit anyway:bash:, so just drive it and don't worry about it:burnout:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Life is short drive the snot out of your Cobra! Besides it's just a Mustang Cobra, not a rare exotic, it will never be enough to pay off your house or send your kid to college. You will be old and grey by the time it's worth even as much as the original purchase price! This car is way too much fun to be just a garage queen!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Drive it, just don't drive the sh!t out of it if you plan to sell in the near future. Keeping the miles super low won't bring you that much more money when it comes time to sell, but low miles will make it a more attractive sell. You'll get more bites. No matter how you look at it your going to lose some money, so enjoy it now and then.

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I will never DD my car but everyone has their opinion. My commute is just under 80miles so it adds up fast for me. These cars like to be driven and driven hard so my opinion is that if your going to use it in a traffic jam every day, I say pick up a daily driver. Its pointless to have a high HP car if you can't drive above 25mph.

My other thinking was that the GT500 sucked b@lls until the 2013 so I didnt have anything to look at for a replacment.

NGO

Established Member
Thanks for all of the advice. Sounds like no use is abuse. Now if I can only get the damn thing to hook up :-D

svtaddict

Established Member
i bought my sonic blue cobra about eight months ago with 12 thousand miles ago and i felt the same way then decided screw it i didnt pay all that money to just look at it plus i only work about eight miles away it now has 17.5k on her and i can probably still get what i paid for her. just look at the grand nationals theyre over twenty years old and not exactly the fastest thing on the street anymore and still pull eighteen grand in good cosmetic condition even with a lot of miles. just keep them clean

mustang john

Established Member
If you bought the car as an investment then there is your first mistake (buy gold next time not a Cobra). If you dont drive it and enjoy it thats your second mistake. If you dont mod it and open up its potential then thats your third mistake.

I enjoy driving mine be it at the track or just a cruise on the street. I have had it since new and have 42K miles of pure fun under my belt

See sig pic for some motivation to enjoy your "investment" lol

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
if you keep the outings short, you can make 200 10 mile trips in a year and still only put on 2000 miles. I know my low mile car i bought in late Feb '11, I've only put on 1600 miles and that includes driving it 500 miles home. I don't feel like I'm never driving it however...I just keep the outing short. I drive it at least 3 times a week and enjoy the hell out of it. My rear tires hate me (and probably some neighbors)

Ralo

Established Member
I only get mine out on occasions and usually don't take it out of town unless there's no rain in the forecast. I watch for rain because of the drag radials and don't daily it because I have a older vehicle that I could careless about cosmetically. I would just hate to get my car banged up from some douche in a parking lot, shopping cart, etc, etc. I've only put about 10k on mine in 3 years so I don't drive the wheels off but I enjoy it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Drive it!! If you're rich then sure, by a nice daily driver and either drive your muscle car of choice on weekends, or buy an older muscle car that is a sure thing as far as future value. No one can predict the future so (A) nobody knows if these cars will be true, hot collectibles down the road, and (B) nobody knows if some careless driver will damage/total your car at some point. So then you can become paranoid to even drive it at all. They were built to be driven and enjoyed, as often as possible. When I had my '03 Cobra it was pretty much my daily driver. However, since I work with my wife I had the luxury of leaving it in the garage if it rained (although it saw its share of rain over time) and during the winter months. But no way would I be worried about putting miles on it over time. If I still had it I'd still be driving it as often as possible.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
+1... I bought one with 5,800 miles on it. Hardly drove it this year. I am all done with that. It is getting driven this year, and driven a lot!!

These cars or any car are made to be driven. Cars in general are a poor excuse for an investment anyways.

Drive the shit out of it.

wudy

Established Member
Enjoy your low milage car. It will just last that much longer. Even if you put 200k on it, doesnt mean its a shit box. Just take good care of your car. We've all seen higher milage cars in there original condition that were well cared for in better shape than a lower milage car that was abused. Keep it and enjoy it. Someday pass it down to your kids.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
as one of those guys who owns a low mileage car ( I have 14k on mine ) I can tell you that I enjoy my car very much. My definitlion of enjoyment and everyone else is different though.

It's all about your life style and personal enjoyment. I enjoy driving my car just as much as the guy who has 300k on it.......i get the same sort of personal satisfaction

I can relate to you though, I don't beat on the car ( except for the occasional highway pull) out of respect.

Its all about your preferences and how you enjoy it

Arboc_tvs

Established Member
I can't help but drive it. Puts a grin on my face every time I do. Seeing as how I've gone from 7k when I bought it to 20k. I'm gonna drive it till it don't drive no more.

SoCaDan

Established Member
I look forward to taking my car out on nice weekends when I can really enjoy it. Just not worth the extra 50 daily miles of traffic just to park it outside at work Monday thru Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread