Mach 1 Owners do you regret your purchase?

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
If I had the $$ for it bot for the car and insurance I would have went Termi, but I DON'T regret buying my mach at all.

Charles236

Established Member
I chose the Mach over the Cobra, bought my Mach new. I intended it to be a daily driver, and for 62,000 miles it has never failed to entertain me whenever I drive it. I could have bought the Cobra, but I figured that the Cobra drivetrain would be "fast enough" for a short while, then the modding would have to begin. The Cobra styling was a bit too understated for me. The Mach needed some help in the performance department, but the style was what I bought, the performance could be added later. No regrets here.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I definitely regret my purchase. I was in the market for a an 03/04 Cobra, and considered a 03/04 Mach 1 for the right price. Well, I found an 03 Mach 1 w/ 15k miles and decided to buy it... bad choice.

After meeting up with different local car clubs, and being around a bunch of Cobras, getting on here and watching how cheap and easy it is to make power with the Cobra, I was very frustrated that I went with the Mach 1. It is way too expensive to get power out of these things, the Cobras hold their value so much better, and after 3 and 1/2 months, my Mach 1 is for sale (sale pending - took a deposit yesterday). Needless to say, I've just put a deposit on a Cobra which I should have done in the first place. I wasted my money but learned my lesson, wait for what you truly want and don't settle for a second choice because you will regret it. I did.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
I definitely regret my purchase. I was in the market for a an 03/04 Cobra, and considered a 03/04 Mach 1 for the right price. Well, I found an 03 Mach 1 w/ 15k miles and decided to buy it... bad choice.

After meeting up with different local car clubs, and being around a bunch of Cobras, getting on here and watching how cheap and easy it is to make power with the Cobra, I was very frustrated that I went with the Mach 1. It is way too expensive to get power out of these things, the Cobras hold their value so much better, and after 3 and 1/2 months, my Mach 1 is for sale (sale pending - took a deposit yesterday). Needless to say, I've just put a deposit on a Cobra which I should have done in the first place. I wasted my money but learned my lesson, wait for what you truly want and don't settle for a second choice because you will regret it. I did.

Yes same boat I am in.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I owned a TR 03 mach and sold it to get an 03 cobra. That cobra had GT fuel pumps, 60lb injectors, heavy clutch, etc. Got kinda tired of daily driving it. I now have a almost stock 04 Cobra and really like it. The cobra is much more of a car, but the mach is cheaper and really fun to drive. Plus I think the mach seats are more comfortable than the cobras! I say get a cobra if you can though

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Sometimes i do wish i had a 03/04 Cobra, i was in the market for a terminator also but during that time all the cobras in socal were going for 28k+ used usually with 25k+ miles on them. I found my mach with 9500 miles for 19, which was a hell of a deal at the time. Having driving both the Cobra and Mach i think for a daily driver the mach is top of the list hands down. For power, there is no doubt its cheaper and easier to mod a cobra than a mach. You are limited to what you can do with a N/A motor and making power out of it.

Honestly it just depends on what you want to do with the car, for me i would love to have a 500+ hp cobra but there's no where to put all that power to go use. I dont go to the track, and even when im driving around town i get no play in the mach, let alone i cant even imagine with a cobra.

Good luck on your decision.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I was leaning that way, but there is a big difference in price between a low mileage Termi and a low mileage Mach.

keep in mind that yeah you might pay about 30-70 more a month for the Cobra as far as payment, but the money you'll dump into it trying to give it the power of a Cobra will equal or surpass that.

Also, after having the Mach 1, it made me realized that an extra $85 more a month for the Cobra payment and insurance will be worth it since I'll be completely satisfied with what I have.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
keep in mind that yeah you might pay about 30-70 more a month for the Cobra as far as payment, but the money you'll dump into it trying to give it the power of a Cobra will equal or surpass that.

Also, after having the Mach 1, it made me realized that an extra $85 more a month for the Cobra payment and insurance will be worth it since I'll be completely satisfied with what I have.

i dont know where you get the $85 more a month from i have 03 mach and my best friend has a 03 cobra. he even has better credit than i do and he still pays $150 a month more just for payment and insurance is at least 100 more a month. being able to drive both either mine or my friends i would say the cobra would be a pain in the ass to DD. we both DD our cars and i have far less complants when it comes to that. as far a performance goes yes he is by far faster but mine is plenty fast for now i would get in trouble if i was any faster. either way you cant go wrong just put it that way.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
i dont know where you get the $85 more a month from i have 03 mach and my best friend has a 03 cobra. he even has better credit than i do and he still pays $150 a month more just for payment and insurance is at least 100 more a month. being able to drive both either mine or my friends i would say the cobra would be a pain in the ass to DD. we both DD our cars and i have far less complants when it comes to that. as far a performance goes yes he is by far faster but mine is plenty fast for now i would get in trouble if i was any faster. either way you cant go wrong just put it that way.

I'm comparing my numbers, that's just for me and I'm sure it varies person to person (down payment, credit, price of car, etc.).

But I definitely agree, you can't go wrong with either, the Mach 1 is a good car, but if you don't really want a Mach 1, don't get it (which I did...)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Strange.....I always thought my Cobra was more comfortable than the Mach. IRS rocked for DD.

As far as payment there are so many variables that comparing the 2 are rediculous. But I do know there are Terminators available for less than 20k. Depending on credit and how many months you finance you're looking @ 350+ a month (for 20k) then insurance and maintenance. Like I said there are many variables. I was able to DD mine simply because I lived just over a mile from where I work- so driving wasn't an issue. Neither were miles. But even when I took it out on the weekend and drove it a few hrs at a time it was comfortable- more so than the Mach IMO.

It's really a toss up. Both are nice cars. But for me the Term is simply a better all around vehicle. For strictly drag racing purposes the Mach may be a better platform- but for all around value the Terminator is the way to go.

Last edited:

Evil_Capri

I love my Mach. I could have purchased a Cobra (and do think they are fantastic rides), but I wanted a Mach. No real reason why. It just appealed to me more. I am tweaking the Mach's abilities, and agree that if power is what you are after . . . get a Termi. I am happy with my direction so far.

JMach1

Established Member
My Mach is a DD as of right now, premium being $3.90 right now and I drive roughly 500 or more miles a week sometimes between school and work.. Getting ready to get a bike to cut back on some gas money and then find a cheap 4cyl for DD so I can put the Mach up. I would never sell it, I don't regret getting it neither.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I never regretted buying it. Regretted selling it a bit. I'll be in the market for another stang down the road though.........

I had several opportunities to get a cobra but passed. The mach was fun and the styling was more my taste. There are always faster cars on the road, I wasn't chasing the speed bug.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Considering I have a built Cobra drivetrain, built motor, and a TT setup ...I wish I started with a Cobra first. But the shaker gets me everytime.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Not a Mach owner, but the styling of the Mach 1 is awesome, but the power and drivetrain of the Cobra takes the cake easily. Forged, supercharged, and T56 from the factory FTW!!!

freakshow12

Established Member
I got a good deal on mine and it had no miles on it. I dont drive it every day. now I have choices since I have a cobra too :) I will add a termi sooner or later but I am content now

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
A badass Mach stands out much more than a badass Cobra. The seats are much more comfortable than those Cobras and the car is a built street/strip warrior with the aluminum block and solid axle. I get more looks in my Mach than i see my buddies getting in their Cobras. The average Joe typically can't tell the difference between a GT, a V6, or a Cobra, but they know there is something unique about a Mach.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The average Joe typically can't tell the difference between a GT, a V6, or a Cobra, but they know there is something unique about a Mach.

Everyone thinks mine is a GT with the shaker option; Cobra's are more distinct with people in my area. Better for me I guess ...surprise! :banana:

Mach1Run

Established Member
I regret nothing except having to wait as long as I did to get one. Would have loved to be able to get one off the showroom but had to wait for a used one. Mine is a DD and gets about 17mpg average during my city commute. As far as power and what not, I dont get to the track often so I dont have much use for a 500hp car. And you got to love the shaker through the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread