Mach 1 Owners do you regret your purchase?

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Please do not take offense to my question. I am in the market for an 03/04 Cobra, 03/04 Mach or 01 Cobra.

My question is do you Mach owners ever wish you held out for a Termi? I love both cars. They both feel different and have good and bad aspects just like any other car. I am in such a debate between both cars. The Termi is easier to mod, but both are such great cars.

How is the Mach as a DD?
How is the highway mileage?

Thanks for the help.

PRADO

Established Member
If Your Really Planning On Getting One Of These Cars Don't Worry About The Gas Mileage... Remember Premium Fuel.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
If Your Really Planning On Getting One Of These Cars Don't Worry About The Gas Mileage... Remember Premium Fuel.

Not worried about the gas mileage, just curious.

All my previous cars took premium.

1990 300ZX Twin Turbo
2004 SRT-4
2006 EVO IX
2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
If I could have afforded it to begin with, I would have gotten a Termi. But now that I've saved for a bit, I've just decided to swap the Eaton on. Personally, I love the looks of the Mach over the Cobra, but you can't beat the powertrain set-up on a Cobra. I average around 20-22 MPG. It's a very comfortable DD. Though with it being lowered and having a stage 3 clutch, it's not an ideal DD, but I don't drive the car very far or in traffic, so it does the job. Pretty soon it'll do that job boosted.

PRADO

Established Member
I Drive Mine Lightly And I Still Mange To Kill A Full Tank In 4 Days!

R-code17815

Established Member
I love my Mach1, If they make another one in a few years I'll probably get one of them too, if not I'll get another Mach1 with low miles. Cobra's are sweet but I'm more of a quater mile guy, I hate the IRS. A termi vert would be a nice dd thou....

BM1

Established Member
I could've purchased a Cobra for $1,000 more than my Mach, but I decided to buy a Mach and do full bolt-ons, weight reduction, Vortech SC-Trim, and a methanol injection system.

I'm happy with my choice.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Hmm.. I get that milage with mostly highway. Only city is leaving home and getting to work. Apparently, according to some that do mostly highway, that's low mpg. Haha. It varies quite a bit though.

HamMach1

Established Member
I love my Mach. Drive it daily. Gas is getting to the point where it's starting to get a bit tough to pay for. I love Termi's also but I just have a thing for the Machs. Would I have a Termi over a Mach? It's debatable but I'm glad to be part of the 4v family!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Please do not take offense to my question. I am in the market for an 03/04 Cobra, 03/04 Mach or 01 Cobra.

My question is do you Mach owners ever wish you held out for a Termi? I love both cars. They both feel different and have good and bad aspects just like any other car. I am in such a debate between both cars. The Termi is easier to mod, but both are such great cars.

How is the Mach as a DD?

Thanks for the help.

My mach with current mods I get 24-27 mpg highway (speedlimit driving).

I love the Mach and really enjoy it. It's a great car. And it's ALMOST where I want it to be mod wise.

BUT- having owned both I'd say the Terminator is the best bang for the buck mustang out there. They are cheap to mod, cheap to maintain...they are monsters right out of the box. 6 speed tranny, IRS, fast, comfortable (also the best looking mustang made IMO). Can be had for pretty cheap these days. Spend the extra coin on the Terminator- you won't regret it.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
well i got one becuase i love the looks of the mach, but the only reason i didnt get a cobra is becuase when ever i am int he market to buy a car, there are no good deals to be found, then as soon as i buy a new car, there everywhere!

radaman

Established Member

How is the Mach as a DD?

Thanks for the help.
Ive always wanted a 03/04 cobra. I will pick up one eventually, but heck, all I have to do is forge the bottom end of my mach and add whatever blower I want. As far as the overall worthiness of either, you cant go wrong, but a cobra is a better platform from the factory.

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member
if you can afford it...termi is the better choice hands down. I picked up my mach because I got such a killer deal on it. A similar cobra would have cost me 7g's more.

Users who are viewing this thread