Mach 1 VS asshole driving an 02 camaro SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordRacing200

Banned
svtmc-g said:
A) nice run...too bad the guy was an assbag afraid of defeat...he prolly had to open his can of Busch while combing his mullet and bumped the wheel!?

B)...IT"S ABOUT TIME...someone busts out the "wedge/doorstop" card other than me. I don't care HOW fast a 4th gen Camaro is...it's still only good for keeping doors open! woot woot bitches
ahahahah, i always thought the newer F-bodies looked like a wedge of cheese, hahaha, never thought of the doorstop!!! i think the SS was alot better then the those dispictable Firebirds though, what was with all those crazy gay scoops all over?!?!?!?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Purvis said:
Im not the one launching into "defense mode".. Go back and re-read the posts. :read: I never started name calling or the stupid demeaning remarks like others did to me for no reason, (other than not aggreeing with their questionable opinions)
I merely stated a few facts and posted up a list, which threw all of you into defense mode. ;-)

You are correct. I launched into defense mode and called names.....quite childish I will admit.

But, I got quite upset to see this:

"I love how you guys continue to think stock Cobras are "faster than most stock (c5)ZO6s". With boltons, yes, bot not without. "

When you quoted me saying......(most Z06s and quick C5s)/Driver ability needs to be considered.

You clearly took what I was saying to the extreme...look you even posted a time list. I was talking about AVG. ETs here.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Bob Cosby said:
I'm a fellow racer and friend of Jeff Schmell. His car has indeed run very quick, but it is not a stock longblock. It is an NMRA Factory Stock legal car, meaning the engine is built specifically to fit inside the NMRA rules. It does have stock cams, unported heads, and flattop pistons - but it is not "stock" like an internally-untouched engine would be.

Bob
Thanks Bob.................I was just gonna give him a ration! :-D
I'm gonna give him a little though! :-D

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ponygt65 said:
No need to be an a$$whipe dude.

#1) half those Z06s (INCLUDING YOUR OWN) had Drag Radials. So stop the cockiness.

#2) I have seen another post about C5 Z06s from a FELLOW vette owner. C6 vette actually. They were mid 12s. Anywhere from 11.9s to 13.0s. So BACK OFF.

#3) I said.....cobra=Vette (most Z06s and quick C5s)....In case you can't read.........that is not ALL Z06s. I said 'most'.

#4) Bone stock Cobra's are mid to high 12s BONE STOCK. which is about equal to the C5 Z06.

#5) again, you can't read.......I said...."Driver ability needs to be considered."

#6) if you are going to Quote someone.........READ THE ENTIRE POST FIRST. :poke: :kaboom:

BTW - It is DIPstick like you that piss me off so much. You even BOLDED your own time, it has DRs on a 12.08 run......and yet...........your sig says "STOCK". I must not know enough about vettes to think they came with Run Flats and not DRAG RADIALS......FREAKIN' IDIOT. :nonono:
Let me guess..."stock car". You must be a lawyer with that kind of "technicality".
Psssssss..............They are all stock..............LS-x STOCK!
HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED THAT YET??? :bash: :-D ;-)

Mach1Marauder

Banned
experiment626 said:
Wow bigg guy and you call my car slow.Your car needs the squeeze to even run with me on motor.And reality check your not the fasts n/a car like you said I got proof of a n/a car running 11.34 @116 mph and its a mach1 and think his namer is jeff schemell and its a stock long block. I believe. just look at november issue of mmff magizane on 4 cam shot out, didnt see you there.Thats right because you dont have the fast n/a mach1 motor in the nation like you claim :bs:
STFU FOOL! :lol: :loser:
It's a record that's stood for over a year now! :burn:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
Psssssss..............They are all stock..............LS-x STOCK!
HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED THAT YET??? :bash: :-D ;-)

That's right....so is Louise. LOL. :rockon:

2k4mach

Repulic of Tejas
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
STFU FOOL! :lol: :loser:
It's a record that's stood for over a year now! :burn:
awww shit Da Colonel laying the smack down over here :bash: :bash: :bash: :beer:

Blackie

2k4mach said:
awww shit Da Colonel laying the smack down over here :bash: :bash: :bash: :beer:

Da colonel is too big to be at just one Mustang board... :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i dont see whats so hard to see here...

Mach I and LS1 is about drivers race. with a slight advantage to LS1 cuz it has abit more power/torque. depends on gearing tho..

cobra 03-04 is faster than LS1.. mid high 12's bone stock i'm sure its capable, i just never seen it. 12.7 with drag radials at my track.. i think it was bone stock other than the tires. most guys are around the 13.0-13.3 mark cuz 60 foot is all spin. IRS plus street tires, and near 370rwhp, i can see that happening LOL

vette c5 LS1 has gone high 12's at 112mph or so.. fastests i have been seeing. thats pretty close to driving race with Cobra 03-04's. Z06 of any eyar has them beat tho stock for stock given equal drivers. Z06 dynos same as cobra but is 500lbs lighter... doesnt take a physicist (sp?) to figure that out...

its like sibling rivalry..... there is gonna be some stiff competition. both brands have their goods and bads.. advantages, disadvantages.. Everyone likes their brand... but u gotta respect your competition. you gotta realize the capabilities of the other car. is it so hard to find true car guys that can appreciate all cars?
lol but dont argue the facts... if its faster dont try to beat around the bush..and make up stories or present 'well this one car" stuff... just accept that ur car is not quite as fast bone stock as the other.. but no worries.. who keeps their cars bone stock? thats not what its all about and not why we bought these cars... go mod and race then. who cars what they do bone stock.

blown 03

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Stock for stock a mach 1 and SS/WS6 are a drivers race. A terminator will eat up any LS1 besides a z06.
OMG we finally have someone from the chevy side that tells the truth!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

blown 03

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Stock for stock a mach 1 and SS/WS6 are a drivers race. A terminator will eat up any LS1 besides a z06.
finally we have a chevy fan tell the truth!!!!!

titaniumSS

Established Member
blown 03 said:
OMG we finally have someone from the chevy side that tells the truth!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

True, although C5 Z06's are LS6 engines. Personally, i beat a Mach 1 with about 2 car lengths when i had a catback and he had the same. It is a driver's race though, i had an 01 SS M6 with 3.23 gears stock and i'll admit the driver of the Mach shifted slower than i so that contributed to my victory. But that was his fault, if you have a quick car, drive it like its meant to be driven and get to know it well enough before you go out racing.

Now an 03/04 cobra vs. an SS or WS6, the cobra will win unless its got a shitty driver. Oh and to the original poster of this, that shitty looking exhaust in the picture, that does not make it an SS, most came with the SLP dual dual exhaust. Mine had already been switched to a Corsa which i loved. And the wedge shape does contribute to a small amount of aerodynamics which is i think what they were going for. I liked it but its not everybodies cup of tea. But i didn't like the regular Z28's, just the SS, the hood and spoiler made it look better.

blown 03

Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
yes....that's a vette....this is an fbody, not a big diff, but still a slight one.....at that's his e.t.......not his mph.....all stock c5's run right about 109-110 mph

ok ur trying to say a STOCK corvette runs a 12.6 and a f body trans am runs a little slower? if so ur WRONG my buddies trans am ran a 13.4 best on a cool night not spining the wheels. at 101.3 fastest speed he could get grant it it is a automatic but i dont think a six speed vette will eat a trans am by .8 of a sec., by the way my buddies car had a k&n airfilter with ram air + a tune.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
ok ur trying to say a STOCK corvette runs a 12.6 and a f body trans am runs a little slower? if so ur WRONG my buddies trans am ran a 13.4 best on a cool night not spining the wheels. at 101.3 fastest speed he could get grant it it is a automatic but i dont think a six speed vette will eat a trans am by .8 of a sec., by the way my buddies car had a k&n airfilter with ram air + a tune.

stock C5 has hit 12.7's or so... i forget the fastest time.. trap speed was 112-113mph.

corvettes are 200+lbs lighter than the fbodies. and fbodies trap 105-109 dependin on location and driver, etc. vette will do 107-110 easily if launched right

vettes are faster than u think... a proper 6 speed vette will rape a auto ls1 fbody. autos tho arent too much slower than 6spd tho. and 101.3mph trap is a JOKE. either your high altitude or something happend at the trap speed measuring sensors, cuz LS1 cars will rape me, and i trap 100.9mph. i have never seen a auto ls1 car or any ls1 car trap lower than 104. 280whp+ and 3400-3500lbs dont trap 101mph. there is more left in that car. especially one thats slightly modded... just cuz your buddies car ran one time, doesnt mean all of them run that time.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Isn't great? ONE C5 claims to have run 12.6..........all of a sudden........THAT is the NORM. - I love it when the BEST POSSIBLE ET is the norm.........keeps me laughing for a while.

Orr89 - let's not forget, trap speed has nothing to do with launch. In fact, spinning at launch will typically get you a higher trap, and good launch will get you a great ET, but lower trap spd........maybe I mis-understood you..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread