Mach 1 VS asshole driving an 02 camaro SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokeUoff

Banned
XCELR8 said:
There sure is a lot of GM hatred in this thread. Why? A MACh1 and a '01-'02 LS1 F-body is a drivers race.

from a dig, maybe.....but with a 40 hp advantage for the LS1?

BrokeUoff

Banned
SnakeEater said:
I'm trapping 118 now though so I don't really care about stock Machs or Terminators anymore.

your stock trap is about right.

But I think you should be worrying about "terminators" (I hate that nickname).....cuz they're only a pulley swap, intake and tune (BPU's) away from you.

BrokeUoff

Banned
RiceBuster said:
So I'm coming down a street and 2 lights before turning into the freeway i see a conv. corvette z06

was there a unicorn in the other lane as well?

BrokeUoff

Banned
Slow Vette said:
WOW thats impressive, but i've seen a time 12.6 at 111 for a stock 6spd C5. a stock mach ain't whooping that. the fact is that these two times aren't that common, but nice try
that's a bit high....stock c5's, well driven on DR's will be high 12's at 109-110

AkronCobra

Established Member
corysmach1 said:
I have also never lossed to an LS-1 but i am sure my time is coming. LS-1's do run harder from a roll though.
Come down to Dragway 42 this summer. Bring some tires cause the track is pretty awful. :beer:

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
OK guys I would like to chime in. I have been a mustang freak all my life, but I would like to say one thing in strippers defense. After quite a few arguments with him, I finally realized (and with people that have raced at his same track) that there are ALOT of people near him that can't drive for sh!t. At first I thought he was full of crap. Seems how machs were high 13s low 14s at his trrack and terminators are low to mid 13s. People just can't drive there. I thought the track was crap, but from what 3-4 other people say, it is one of the best. Stripper is ONLY posting what he has experienced first hand.

HAVING SAID THAT.........Stripper, you need to realize this yourself. Machs are low to mid 13s and termin. are mid to high 12s. THere will always be better and worse drivers. But these times are the avg. norm. PLEASE stop thinking that machs are slow and terminators are your only competition. It just isn't true. cobra=Vette (most Z06s and quick C5s), mach/N.A cobra = Fbody LS1 (c4 and some c5stoo)and GT = LT1.

Driver ability needs to be considered.

Thank you for backing me up and I do agree with 99.9% of what you say. This thread got out of hand real fast, which I thought that it might, but it does add to the fun though. This all started by someone saying:

"Why would you want a 2001 Camaro LS1 with no power locks, windows, or seats, no rear defrost, no CD player, and no T-tops (how does the mullet get air without T-tops? ). Gawd, all that and still a mid 12 second ride. I like being able to play a CD, have the rear defrost on, hitting the unlock buttons, rolling both windows up and down (automatically rolling the driver's down), and adjusting my seat the whole way down the track and still bust out a 12.0. Chevy guys, when will they learn?"

My response was:

"Because stock for stock, it will obliterate the Mustang GT, kill a Mach 1, and hang even with the Terminator. And it only cost me $20,000 brand new."

In hindsite, I probably should have said "beat a Mach 1" I said hang even w/ a Terminator because at my track I have beat more than I have lost to but I'm only a few games over .500 with respects to the Terminator. However, I have never lost to a Mach 1.

When I said my original statement above, I was referring to my stripper Z and my personal experiences, not LS1's vs Machs/Cobras in general. People shouldn't try to attribute comments like this to me like this guy did:

"I was gonna say, stock 02 SS hanging with 03/04 Cobra?
Theres a reason they called it the terminator"

So to recap:

In general,

LS1 = Mach 1
LS1 < Cobra

My personal experience with the stripper,

LS1 > Mach 1
LS1 = Cobra

:beer:

Last edited:

Wintermute

Banned
Dude I didnt "attribute" jack to your statement, this is your quote:

2001stripper said:
Because stock for stock, it will obliterate the Mustang GT, kill a Mach 1, and hang even with the Terminator. And it only cost me $20,000 brand new. :rockon:

You are clearly stating that your SS, stock for stock, will "hang even" with a terminator.

That is all. And again I say, :bs:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
from a dig, maybe.....but with a 40 hp advantage for the LS1?

weight mean much to you? The 40 horsepower difference is only if you look at the incorrect factory crank ratings. If you look at dyno numbers, a Mach1 and '01-'02 LS1 only dyno about 10rwhp different. You have a Cobra, what would you know about a Mach1 v. a LS1 F-body anyways?

Win7ermute said:
You are clearly stating that your SS, stock for stock, will "hang even" with a terminator.

He doesn't have an SS... He has a Z28 that trapped 110 stock. IMO, with a 110 trap, that is hanging with '03-'04 Cobras, or close enough anyways...

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
that's a bit high....stock c5's, well driven on DR's will be high 12's at 109-110

You beat me too it. I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that.

12.6 @ 111 BONE FACTORY FREAKIN' STOCK...............HELL NO!....thank you for you answer, however you are incorrect.

DRs or other bolt ons' maybe, but not bone stock. BONE stock C5s are low 13s, high 12s on the best day possible. But they are avg. low to mid 13s.

I dont' see why it is hard to conceive a mach hanging with a C5. Granted most of the time the Vette will come out victorious, but that doesn't mean all fo the time.

Let's re-cap: mach 3.55 gears. Great 1-2-3 3650 gears, solid rear and only 30-40 less Gross HP, and is only 200 pounds more - TOPS. Edit: great low end TQ as well. Which is why it is a drag racing beast. :D

Well, at least we all like domestic HP. :beer:

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Dude I didnt "attribute" jack to your statement, this is your quote:

That is all. And again I say, :bs:

No I do not have a SS, I have a stripper Z-28 which is lighter, hence faster.
Why do you keep saying that I have an SS, did you read any of my posts or did you see my sig. I beginning to believe you don't know how to read, so why am I even typing this for you? :shrug:

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
SS's cost a bit more than $20k brand new on the lot, as well.

Once again for everyone who doesn't read very carefully, I DO NOT have an SS, I have a stripper Z-28 which cost $20,000 five years ago. :shrug:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Once again for everyone who doesn't read very carefully, I DO NOT have an SS, I have a stripper Z-28 which cost $20,000 five years ago. :shrug:

I'm sorry, but you couldn't buy an SS for $20,000.:rolleyes:

Gm guys.... :nonono:

2001stripper

Established Member
"He doesn't have an SS... He has a Z28 that trapped 110 stock. IMO, with a 110 trap, that is hanging with '03-'04 Cobras, or close enough anyways"...[/QUOTE]

XCERL8, Thank you for understanding what I have been trying to point out. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BrokeUoff

Banned
XCELR8 said:
He doesn't have an SS... He has a Z28 that trapped 110 stock. IMO, with a 110 trap, that is hanging with '03-'04 Cobras, or close enough anyways...

z28s don't normally run 110 stock. The Mach1 is underrated, or the LS1 fbodies are overrated? Don't they both weigh right around 3500 lbs?

Last edited:

MystictealLt1

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
You beat me too it. I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that.

12.6 @ 111 BONE FACTORY FREAKIN' STOCK...............HELL NO!....thank you for you answer, however you are incorrect.

DRs or other bolt ons' maybe, but not bone stock. BONE stock C5s are low 13s, high 12s on the best day possible. But they are avg. low to mid 13s.

I dont' see why it is hard to conceive a mach hanging with a C5. Granted most of the time the Vette will come out victorious, but that doesn't mean all fo the time.

Let's re-cap: mach 3.55 gears. Great 1-2-3 3650 gears, solid rear and only 30-40 less Gross HP, and is only 200 pounds more - TOPS. Edit: great low end TQ as well. Which is why it is a drag racing beast. :D

Well, at least we all like domestic HP. :beer:

actually theres guy on these boards with a c5 vette who run 12.6 completely stock his name is 04snake nj

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
z28s don't normally run 110 stock.

How many stripped Z28's are there running around? Not many.

BrokeUoff said:
The Mach1 is underrated?

Yes. Are you serious? I thought everyone knew that. They're rated at 310/335 and mine dynoed 292/311 on a dynojet stock.

BrokeUoff said:
And believe it or not, I actually know things about cars....besides my own!! :D

I have a certificate for you. All I need is your mailing address. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread