Mach 1 VS asshole driving an 02 camaro SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I am in denial??? Um ok. Thanks Mr. high and mighty vette owner. People like you are why Vette owners have a bad rep. Of course you want to believe his car is bone stock, you own a vette. Sad thing is, I feel the same way about the 2 mach owners that pulled 12.9s BONE STOCK. I would want to see their car and see it run too. Unlike your sorry a$$, I dont' believe in favortism.

If he did run 12.6 BONE FREAKIN' STOCK. You must be a pretty SH!TTY driver then, to only come out with a 13.1 in the exact same car. And people laugh at me when I say .5 second ET can come down to driver ability.

BTW - please explain how I am in denial.

STOP stereotyping me u dumb f***. last i heard atco is one of the best tracks to run at, as where my track is just below average, oh and another thing, im an auto u dumb ass, that guy has a manual, ur ignorance knows no bounds doesn't it?

ur in denial just because of the fact that ur calling not me but a former terminator owner a liar.

ps: stop being butt hurt about the vette running that time completely stock b/c those times are without a doubt not common at all.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
For reference, when it was bone stock, the 04 Cobra I used to own went 12.60 @ 112 mph. I'm a decent driver when I have a car on a tire, but on stock tires with stock gears, I might as well be grandma behind the wheel (aggressive shifting produced either massive tire spin or massive wheel hop).

Bob

PS....howdy Jimbo. :)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Slow Vette said:
STOP stereotyping me u dumb f***. last i heard atco is one of the best tracks to run at, as where my track is just below average, oh and another thing, im an auto u dumb ass, that guy has a manual, ur ignorance knows no bounds doesn't it?

ur in denial just because of the fact that ur calling not me but a former terminator owner a liar.

ps: stop being butt hurt about the vette running that time completely stock b/c those times are without a doubt not common at all.

Whatever dude. I can stereotype all I want, your comment proved the 'holier than thou' attitude...I didn't guess at anything. You said I am in denial, Why? Because I have a hard time believing a BONE FACTORY STOCK C5 M6 ran 12.6? Denial huh...um ok buddy. Maybe your vette owning a$$ needs to learn the meaning of denial.

And please tell me what saying I am in denial has anythign to do with a 'former terminator' owner saying he ran that?? I dont' know this guy so what does it matter??

And don't word yourself like I flat out called him a liar. I am saying people 'claim' bone stock cars all the time. Some people consider DRs bone stock......but they aren't.

And as for you A4 C5 with stock highway gears.........yep, I dont' believe that ET either. 13.1 in an A4.....BONE FACTORY STOCK...nope. what's next?? Oops, you forgot you had a CAI and exhaust, or maybe a shift kit. OR how about some DRs.

Why dont' you go back to www.holierthanthoucarowner.com??

JDsfastGN

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
And as for you A4 C5 with stock highway gears.........yep, I dont' believe that ET either. 13.1 in an A4.....BONE FACTORY STOCK...nope. what's next?? Oops, you forgot you had a CAI and exhaust, or maybe a shift kit. OR how about some DRs.

Why dont' you go back to www.holierthanthoucarowner.com??

Uhh thats pretty believable, my sisters bone stock to the filter and tires 00 Z28 with 3.23s went 13.16 at 105, a vettes a lot lighter....

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
ALOT of people near him that can't drive for sh!t. At first I thought he was full of crap. Seems how machs were high 13s low 14s at his trrack and terminators are low to mid 13s. People just can't drive there. I thought the track was crap, but from what 3-4 other people say, it is one of the best. Stripper is ONLY posting what he has experienced first hand.

Exactly, I see LS1's run high 13's / 14's at my track all the time, that doesen't mean they aren't capable of much more. I think LS1 and Mach1's are close performers with the edge going to the LS1. Stock for stock, 98-02 fbodies and 03-04 Cobras are pretty far apart IMO. I've owned both, the Cobra makes more power stock and considerably more power with mild bolt-ons. That is where the advantage ends though IMO, once bigger mods are done both cars are relatively even.

As far as a C5 running mid 12's stock, it could happen and is possible in perfect conditions with a great driver. I've heard of a stock C6 going 12.23@115, when 95% of the people can't break 12.7X. I've also heard of a bone stock Cobra going 12.3@114, and a stock 02 fbody going 12.8X@110. No need to dwell on someone else's accomplishment, it doesen't mean the car is now more capable; just that the driver is. :)

edit : here is a link to the 12.2 C6 timeslip
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1281137&forum_id=101

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
2001stripper said:
Because stock for stock, it will obliterate the Mustang GT, kill a Mach 1, and hang even with the Terminator. And it only cost me $20,000 brand new. :rockon:

where did you get a NEW 2001 Z28 stripper for $20K.... :bs:

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Machinator said:
Wrong you are on several accounts here, there were a few limited edition convertible C5 Z-06's. And in my Mach mod for mod I would always pull on an ls1.

man is your head up your ass!

they NEVER MADE A FACTORY ZO6 CONV.......

I have seen one and it was a custom chop.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Slow Vette said:
WOW thats impressive, but i've seen a time 12.6 at 111 for a stock 6spd C5. a stock mach ain't whooping that. the fact is that these two times aren't that common, but nice try

What! 12.6, man this thread is awesome. this shit is getting deep. :rolling:

Grenade

Banned
MMFF Evan smith, ran a bone stock, stock tired 03 Mach1 to a [email protected]. They also beat an Ls2 04 GTo. LSI's were not running faster than that. But close. My stock rwhp was 282.6 and 308tq. on a dynojet. with about 1000 miles on the car. K&N filter only. Stock weight with 1/4 tank was 3340. w/o driver. I now have about 300hp. And My best time is a 12.69@109. 1.83 60ft. I ran a [email protected] 2.2 60 ft. stock. LSI's stock are not faster, but similar to a Mach1. Just some info, food for thought.

SSilver2k

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Why would you want a 2001 Camaro LS1 with no power locks, windows, or seats, no rear defrost, no CD player, and no T-tops (how does the mullet get air without T-tops? :shrug: ). Gawd, all that and still a mid 12 second ride. :poke: I like being able to play a CD, have the rear defrost on, hitting the unlock buttons, rolling both windows up and down (automatically rolling the driver's down), and adjusting my seat the whole way down the track and still bust out a 12.0. :banana: Chevy guys, when will they learn? :nonono:

My 01 SS Hard top Factory Stripper only weighs 3260 with no weight reduction. After heads and cam it went 10.9. No lie.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
An SS stripper? WTF?! I thought the whole point of an SS was to get all the options(suspension included).

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
MMFF Evan smith, ran a bone stock, stock tired 03 Mach1 to a [email protected]. They also beat an Ls2 04 GTo. LSI's were not running faster than that. But close.

Evan Smith also ran an 02 fully loaded bone stock SS to 12.8 @ 110mph.

For F**** sake someone race some stock LS1's and Mach's to end this retarded debate!!!!!!!!

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Ryan02SS said:

For F**** sake someone race some stock LS1's and Mach's to end this retarded debate!!!!!!!!

This debate will always go on, it will never end. Both cars are so equal, that its too hard to tell which one is actually faster. Ls1's win some, mach 1's win some. It go's both ways. I do believe that ls1's have a slight edge after 100+. Main reason, is the cube's come into play. Now saying that, I ran a 02 vette up to 130, with him keeping half a car on me. Under a 100 i held him off a car length. I think if we would have kept going to 150+ he would have pulled a car length. It goes both ways. :beer:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This thread is pretty damn funny. :lol: We have guys paying $20,000 for a car that has no rear defrost, manual roll up windows, and manual locks. :lol: Along with people saying a stock C5 Vette will run 12.6. Ah, its always fun to come around these boards every now and then.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Stopsign, how much did you let the 600 go for? I notice you got a new scooter.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
This thread is pretty damn funny. :lol: We have guys paying $20,000 for a car that has no rear defrost, manual roll up windows, and manual locks. :lol: Along with people saying a stock C5 Vette will run 12.6. Ah, its always fun to come around these boards every now and then.

im not saying a stock c5 vette will run a 12.6, im saying that one did :thumbsup: , but a manual vette with an above average driver can hit the 12's at 108-111

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Ryan02SS said:

did Evan Smith ever ran the c5 down the quarter?

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
JDsfastGN said:
Uhh thats pretty believable, my sisters bone stock to the filter and tires 00 Z28 with 3.23s went 13.16 at 105, a vettes a lot lighter....

OWNED :lol: :lol: :lol:, let me guess now ur goin to call a buick GN owner a liar too?

Last edited:

VetteGuy

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
man is your head up your ass!

they NEVER MADE A FACTORY ZO6 CONV.......

I have seen one and it was a custom chop.

They made a few (maybe 10) for the executives....you won't see them driving around though....This has been proven on other forums...I didn't believe it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread