mach 1 vs ls2 gto

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I agree. OPs rwhp seems to be on the low side just for beating LS1s, let alone an LS2 GTO. I would have guess the GTO for sure, or the Mach just behind it.

OP: Ever run any SRT-8s from a roll for comparison? It's a good barometer.

Nice kill regardless.

yes i have. i ran my cousins its a 300c srt-8 with no cats and no resonators and i had just a c/b and we were dead even. i added a midpipe and raced another 300c srt8 with a cutout,intake and programmer and beat him by 2 cars. both races were from a 50 mph roll. if i had my midpipe i would have beat my cousins by at least a 1 car and a half. i don't believe in dyno #'s at all. my friend has a cammed ls1 that put out 393 rwhp and he runs with other ls1's that put out up to 27 more rwhp.:shrug:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Don't race dyno numbers. Mine trapped 110 MPH full weight with 313 RWHP when it was naturally aspirated.

That sounds right.

yes i have. i ran my cousins its a 300c srt-8 with no cats and no resonators and i had just a c/b and we were dead even. i added a midpipe and raced another 300c srt8 with a cutout,intake and programmer and beat him by 2 cars. both races were from a 50 mph roll. if i had my midpipe i would have beat my cousins by at least a 1 car and a half. i don't believe in dyno #'s at all. my friend has a cammed ls1 that put out 393 rwhp and he runs with other ls1's that put out up to 27 more rwhp.:shrug:

So Mach's are picking up over 5mph with just bolt-ons? No tune?

Interesting results, I don't doubt them.

Your cousin's SRT-8 probably is running worse than stock with no CAI and no cats/resonators.

The other one, same problem with the cut-outs and if it was a Diablo, should have been noticably quicker than your cousins.

Keep me posted on more races with them. Interesting stuff. What kind of trap speeds have you ran? 110-111?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Actually I take that back - N/A 110 to 111mph trap speeds from a Mach are EXTREMELY rare and take a LOT of interesting add-ons.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

my car traps 105 but thats with my offroad x pipe and slp lm1(straight pipe). i put some chambered mufflers so i should trap a little higher and im planning on going to the track soon. as of now im trapping 105. when i raced the srt8 with the cutout,intake,tuner i had my offroad x pipe and the slp lm1 catback. when i raced my cousin i had just the lm1 catback along with the stock h pipe with 4 cats. my traps are very low but im not that great of a driver at the track. Machs usually trap about 107 with the mods i have. your car should beat me pretty good but im still down to run you if im ever in the area.:beer:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Good runs, GTO's can be fun little cars to mess with

I hate when people lie about their mods or try to be secretive. Just say what you have and be done with it...you know

Yep and everyone does that, so now when someone asks what I have done I just say full bolt ons and a tune.

If they want more info, well it's got a 3.25 upper and 4# lower.

Technically it is just bolt ons

:beer:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Good runs, GTO's can be fun little cars to mess with

Yep and everyone does that, so now when someone asks what I have done I just say full bolt ons and a tune.

If they want more info, well it's got a 3.25 upper and 4# lower.

Technically it is just bolt ons

I agree

:beer:

If you're into cars you should know for the most part what bolt ons are for said car, even if you don't like them.

A perfect example is my friend who knows more about Terminator Cobras than most owners of said car. We both believe in knowing thy enemy:beer:

BM1

Established Member

Deuuuce

Established Member
That's not even close to a complete list of all Machs out there. I know mine aren't even posted there if that tells you anything. All mine needed for that MPH was gears, exhaust, and a tune.

It's definitely tells what is needed. Gears, exhaust and tune sound exactly right - thank goodness for the gears!

It seems S197s respond identically.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
It's definitely tells what is needed. Gears, exhaust and tune sound exactly right - thank goodness for the gears!

It seems S197s respond identically.

The OP's Mach is at least a 107/108 car. He just needs more practice at the track. It rolls out for barely no mods.

ZincShaker

Established Member
I've got an 03 mach with an off road x, slp cat back, and a diablo handheld traps are consistant 109-109.5 just using the tune from the predator

ZincShaker

Established Member
It's definitely true. Just went and got my best slip from the car. It was done at Milan in Michigan. All stock except mid pipe, cb, and the handheld.
60 ft = 2.1110
330 = 5.7547
1/8et = 8.6919
1/8 mph = 84.12
1000' et = 11.2109
1000' mph = 96.97
1/4 et = 13.3339
1/4 mph = 109.44
Car had 5,700 oor 5,800 miles on it. Didn't powershift it, looking to go back in the next few weeks to play with the launch a little as i was leaving under 2000rpm's. Hoping for a 12.999 with some real cool weather. I have a vid on youtube look under 03 mach slp and bassani off road x. Although that doesn't help prove my mods. Its a yellow mach and the video was taken at night. Thanks for the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread