mach 1 vs ls2 gto

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
The best Mach trap speeds are 105-106mph? Best SRT-8s are 109-110mph. I understand Machs launch well and can have great 1/8th mile runs.

That's why I put 108+. Time wise the Mach 1 can be just as quick as an SRT-8( low 13's all day) but at 80+ the 6.1 Hemi takes control.

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
That's why I put 108+. Time wise the Mach 1 can be just as quick as an SRT-8( low 13's all day) but at 80+ the 6.1 Hemi takes control.

Explain...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_syOZ6HBFU"]YouTube - 04 Mach 1 vs 300C SRT8 & 02 Z28 vs 99 SS[/ame]

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
The Mach lost ground every time he shifted due to slow shifting but pulled back and put a nose on him through 4th gear which is approximately 110-146 MPH in a stock geared Mach shifting at 6,800 RPM redline.

Exactly, so why didn't the SRT8 take control above 80 mph like some are saying it should?

The answer is simple, but some don't want to admit it. Stock SRT8s do not trap 111, and are not driver's races with stock 03 Cobras. They are driver's races with stock Mach 1s, and even then they are at a disadvantage.

Just a little reality check.

HotRodK, Deuuce and whoever else can try to deny it but they are wrong. They can continue to mention the one SRT8 that ran well, that we know nothing about, that they say was stock with no proof, as an example of what SRT8s can do. They are delusional.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_syOZ6HBFU"]YouTube - 04 Mach 1 vs 300C SRT8 & 02 Z28 vs 99 SS[/ame]

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Exactly, so why didn't the SRT8 take control above 80 mph like some are saying it should?

The answer is simple, but some don't want to admit it. Stock SRT8s do not trap 111, and are not driver's races with stock 03 Cobras. They are driver's races with stock Mach 1s, and even then they are at a disadvantage.

HotRodK, Deuuce and whoever else can try to deny it but they are wrong. They can continue to mention the one SRT8 that ran well, that we know nothing about, that they say was stock with no proof, as an example of what SRT8s can do. They are delusional.

YouTube - 04 Mach 1 vs 300C SRT8 & 02 Z28 vs 99 SS

Haha I wouldn't put a bet on that. You put up a stock Mach 1 5-speed and I'll put up a stock Charger SRT-8 and we'll see who wins as speeds increase. It's a driver's race in a 1/4 race but I wouldn't bet on a Mach 1 past that. I've seen stock LS2 GTO's pull on Mach 1's and they're about even with an SRT-8.

Don't get me wrong I love Mach 1's but if I had a stock one I wouldn't try top end runs with 6.1 Hemi's unless it's the Jeep SRT-8.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Haha I wouldn't put a bet on that. You put up a stock Mach 1 5-speed and I'll put up a stock Charger SRT-8 and we'll see who wins as speeds increase. It's a driver's race in a 1/4 race but I wouldn't bet on a Mach 1 past that. I've seen stock LS2 GTO's pull on Mach 1's and they're about even with an SRT-8.

Don't get me wrong I love Mach 1's but if I had a stock one I wouldn't try top end runs with 6.1 Hemi's unless it's the Jeep SRT-8.
Why worry about ***...I MEAN, roll racing? Everyone here is talking 1320.

I wouldnt' say delusional. I have not reason not to believe Rod. He doesnt' BS. Also, you are using one street race as an example.

It's all simple guys in these cars are a drivers race when stock from 0-1320.

If you're driving a stock anything, you're going to lose a lot of races, period.
Not true. That all depends on your location. If I had a stock mach, I'd still beat 90-95% of the cars in my area.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Stock SRT8s do not trap 111

They are driver's races with stock Mach 1s, and even then they are at a disadvantage.

There are 2 I've come across - one on video, LS1GTO forum members confirmed it. East coast tracks, ideal conditions. If numerous owners hit 109 & 110mph, 111mph isn't a stretch.

How so? What is the disadvantage - the 60ft? Or is the "disadvantage" leaving ESP fully on and manually shifting?

Stock for stock, the SRT-8 (which happens to have an automatic) will trap a MINIMUM 3mph higher on any given day. And that is assuming the Mach driver hits his powershifts perfectly.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member

I agree completely.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Even in a 1/4 race I give the edge to the SRT-8's because they'll be more consistent with the launch over the Mach 5-speed. I've seen a stock Charger SRT-8 run a 12.9 at 108.

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
Why worry about ***...I MEAN, roll racing? Everyone here is talking 1320.
I wouldnt' say delusional. I have not reason not to believe Rod. He doesnt' BS. Also, you are using one street race as an example.

Delusional

HotRod is trying to justify his purchase...

TORNATIC!! said:
Even in a 1/4 race I give the edge to the SRT-8's because they'll be more consistent with the launch over the Mach 5-speed. I've seen a stock Charger SRT-8 run a 12.9 at 108.

Auto almost always win on consistency. But don't try to act like stock Machs (and LS1s) haven't gone 12s.

stock SRT8 and stock Mach = driver's race
stock SRT8 and stock LS1 = driver's race
stock SRT8 and stock 03 = 03 Cobra's race to lose

I just want some of the SRT8 owners to admit the truth. Come on Deuce...own up to the facts.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
GAWD...I'm gettign so sick and tired of TS's being the main talk when ti comes to racing. It's total freaking RICER talk, when your focus of racing is TS. RICER-IFIC.

This arguement is getting DUMB, absolutely rediculous. It's a freaking driver's race dig or ***. Get over yourselves....all of you. SHEESH

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
But don't try to act like stock Machs haven't gone 12s.

stock SRT8 and stock Mach = driver's race
stock SRT8 and stock LS1 = driver's race
stock SRT8 and stock 03 = 03 Cobra's race to lose

I just want some of the SRT8 owners to admit the truth. Come on Deuce...own up to the facts.

Show me a stock Mach that has hit 12s. Let's ASSume for a minute....that day the planets were aligned and physics were denied, along with 45 degrees at Atco with a tailwind in the Mach's lane - the stock SRT-8 in the other lane ran a routine 12sec @ 110mph+, the Mach a 12.999 @ 106mph. With a 1.80 60ft.

stock SRT8 and stock Mach = driver's race................Disagree
stock SRT8 and stock LS1 = driver's race..................SRT-8's to lose (LS1 > Mach 1)
stock SRT8 and stock 03 = 03 Cobra's race to lose......TRUE

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
67bird on the Mach 1 Registry went 12.9 @ 106 MPH with a 1.9 60'; drag radials were the only thing changed from stock on the car. However, a 1.9 60' can been done on stock tires, so it's questionable whether or not the drag radials made any difference. The quickest 60' I'm aware of on stock tires is 1.8. Most are 2.0-2.1 with a few hitting 1.8-1.9.

On that particular day he'd be looking at a 12.7-12.8 pass on a 1.8 60'.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Show me a stock Mach that has hit 12s. Let's ASSume for a minute....that day the planets were aligned and physics were denied, along with 45 degrees at Atco with a tailwind in the Mach's lane - the stock SRT-8 in the other lane ran a routine 12sec @ 110mph+, the Mach a 12.999 @ 106mph. With a 1.80 60ft.

stock SRT8 and stock LS1 = driver's race..................SRT-8's to lose (LS1 > Mach 1)
There's part of your problem. You dont' think a mach and LS fbod are close. STOP THINKING *** RACING.

You know deuuuce, I used to respect alot of your posts, but the more I read, the more I see a neon light of 'ricer/i-net racer' flashing. You only talk TS and Roll racing. :shrug:
67bird on the Mach 1 Registry went 12.9 @ 106 MPH with a 1.9 60'; drag radials were the only thing changed from stock on the car. However, a 1.9 60' can been done on stock tires, so it's questionable whether or not the drag radials made any difference. The quickest 60' I'm aware of on stock tires is 1.8. Most are 2.0-2.1 with a few hitting 1.8-1.9.

On that particular day he'd be looking at a 12.7-12.8 pass on a 1.8 60'.
:beer: We don't agree often....but I agree with this post.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member

oh man...we have to get together SOON! i eat SRT-8s from a roll ALLLLLLL DAMMNNN DAYYY LONGGGG

Users who are viewing this thread