McGregor Vs Mayweather Official

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
CM should have gone for the ko early but instead he gassed himself against a 49-0 boxer who weighed 20 pounds less than him.

Twas expected.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Connor did extremely well! No one expected that.

Respect to Floyd for pushing the pace of the fight and standing in front of connors punches even early in.

Great fight... did not disappoint!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Was a good fight. CM played this too traditionally, and should have really went for a KO in the early rounds. CM stepped into the ring, but I can guarantee you FM would never step into the octagon, so in my mind CM is by far the better warrior, when allowed to use all his training.

Ref was paid off to stop the fight. Should have allowed at least one knockdown. It was the Vegas Bookies who called the fight. They didn't want a "luck of the Irish" haymaker to land deep in the 11th or 12th rounds.

Also, I didn't catch the rules, but was there no standing 8 count? Could have used one there in the 10th versus stopping the fight on the spot. What about that spinning backfist as a legal blow? The Queensbury Rules state "contact with the knuckles of a closed fist", but you can connect with your closed fist, on the knuckles with a spinning backfist.... (all this is moot anyway now lol)

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very surprised to see CM gassed against FM... but definitely fought the good fight. Results as expected.

Blown 89

Established Member
It almost seemed scripted so both fighters could save face.
Mayweather carried McGreggor for much of the fight. He was cutting corners better, controlling positioning, etc.

That fight felt a lot like sparring with vastly superior guys; they're relaxed, let you hang around, clearly aren't bothering by anything you happen to land, and sit back and wait for you to tire out so you felt like you got something out of it then methodically pick you apart. When it's all done you're debating calling 911 because your lungs feel like they're going to explode and your training partner heads off to do more cardio and conditioning.

FM took a lot of heat after the Pacman fight and it sure felt like he was giving the fans what they wanted to save that image.

On a side note, the play by play guy was ignorant as ****. He needed to shut the **** up. CM was bullying the hell out of Mayweather in the clinch and he kept reiterating how CM wasn't pushing around. CM had him out of position so bad that at any given moment during a clinch a breeze could have meandered through the arena and knocked Money off his feet.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Was a good fight. CM played this too traditionally, and should have really went for a KO in the early rounds. CM stepped into the ring, but I can guarantee you FM would never step into the octagon, so in my mind CM is by far the better warrior, when allowed to use all his training.

Ref was paid off to stop the fight. Should have allowed at least one knockdown. It was the Vegas Bookies who called the fight. They didn't want a "luck of the Irish" haymaker to land deep in the 11th or 12th rounds.

Also, I didn't catch the rules, but was there no standing 8 count? Could have used one there in the 10th versus stopping the fight on the spot. What about that spinning backfist as a legal blow? The Queensbury Rules state "contact with the knuckles of a closed fist", but you can connect with your closed fist, on the knuckles with a spinning backfist.... (all this is moot anyway now lol)

He was right to call the fight. CM wasn't protecting himself well and hadn't thrown a punch in over a minute while he was getting pummeled. There was no lucky haymaker coming, he was totally out of gas. And no, there was no standing 8 count in this fight.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Were you watching the fight? CM couldn't even keep his hands up through most of the 9th, and into the 10th round. His legs were buckling.
If he can't defend himself, it's over and that is exactly what happened.

All this BS about the ref being paid off is ridiculous. FM was beating CM's ass, we all saw how the fight was going to end up.

Wishing there was at least 1 knock down is like watching a NASCAR race and hoping for a major accident.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd like to see a re-match.....in the octagon. It will never happen, but it would probably draw big money.

I have to wonder how much that fight is going to hurt the boxing sport. Not many expected this match to go anywhere near 10 rounds, and there were predictions that the longer the match went the more the boxing sport would be tarnished. Thoughts?

IllCobra

Established Member
This doesn't hurt boxing at all i think. We seem to keep forgetting that Floyd is no longer in his prime, 40 years old, came out retirement, was the WAY smaller man both in height and weight, and even opted to give the supposed harder puncher smaller gloves. CM on the other hand is a current 27 year old, top 3 P4P fighter, 2 division champ, that most likely will go down in the UFC as HOF; yet Floyd still managed to TKO CM although he hadn't had a real KO in years.

Conor did do well the first few rounds, but not because of his boxing ability, but because of his size and FM history of starting slow. FM was not going to catch him with a 1 punch KO out of nowhere, he doesn't have that kind of power; FM figures out his opponents and then starts to break them down round by round. The fact that FM got the TKO probably proves that CM did underestimate FM but that he wanted to prove something to people cause he fought a little more carelessly than previous fights and attacked much more which made it a good fight. Kinda remaindered me of when he fought Cotto.

If Conor wants to make another big pay day in a boxing match, he could fight the winner of the Canelo/GGG fight. And if it's Canelo holy crap watch out! A Mexican ginger vs an Irish ginger both with country's that have a history of fighters. I'd watch that fight for sure. Conor would be in with a big puncher here though and would most likely get KO'd, but it might be fun to watch.

**Edit: lol at the ref being paid to stop the fight. Conor was looking for a way out the last 2/3 rounds. He was done. If anything, the ref saved him some unnecessary damage. Is anyone surprised that the MMA fighter didn't clinch that well after being hurt...it was probably because he was tired, but CM was just holding around his waist and not Floyd's arms.

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
Were you watching the fight? CM couldn't even keep his hands up through most of the 9th, and into the 10th round. His legs were buckling.
If he can't defend himself, it's over and that is exactly what happened.

All this BS about the ref being paid off is ridiculous. FM was beating CM's ass, we all saw how the fight was going to end up.

Wishing there was at least 1 knock down is like watching a NASCAR race and hoping for a major accidents.

These guys are funny.....
I guess thats just the human coping mechanism when you UFC hero gets destroyed by a professional boxer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you guys see that two out of the three judges scored the first 3 rounds 2-1 in favor of Mayweather?

I'm not sure how that would even be possible.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Did you guys see that two out of the three judges scored the first 3 rounds 2-1 in favor of Mayweather?

I'm not sure how that would even be possible.

I agreed with the commentator that had it even through 6 rounds. FM didn't do shit in the first 3 rounds. He made up for it in spades later lol. I'm glad it was decided in the ring and not from the clowns that judge these fights.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
it went exactly how the odds predicted it would; and most of us expected.

i thought it was a meh fight. i was hoping it would be more exciting and CM would do more. typical FM just letting his opponent gas himself out and then begin his attack. even then, he didnt have to do much. CM pretty much defeated himself and was about to fall over from exhaustion. some at the party said no way CM will have the endurance to last and i and a few others thought otherwise since he's an MMA fighter. boy were we wrong lol.

the fight pretty much looked like a CM sparring session where FM was hired to stand there and take punches from CM so he could learn how to box. CM was ready to collapse and FM looked like he didnt even break a sweat and was ready to go to the club. and that started what, in the 3rd round??

CM was about to go down in the 9th. we had a little pool going and i had the 10th so i was hoping he'd last the 1:25 minutes (when it started to look BAD for CM) to make it to the 10th and he baaarely did. everyone knew he was going down in the 10th. the ref saved him from possible injury. before the fight there were articles saying CM could be injured from the fight and that he's not used to getting pummeled like that. i think they wanted to avoid that.

there were a few opportunities for FM to take CM out and he didnt. my buddy was screaming for him to hit him. a couple of times where FM dazed him and CM didnt even have his hands up. my buddy was screaming that FM should have followed through and finished him. but instead was purposely dragging it on.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'd like to see a re-match.....in the octagon. It will never happen, but it would probably draw big money.

I have to wonder how much that fight is going to hurt the boxing sport. Not many expected this match to go anywhere near 10 rounds, and there were predictions that the longer the match went the more the boxing sport would be tarnished. Thoughts?

i dont think it hurt boxing. if anything it gave it a little boost which it certainly needs. if FM would have lost than it would have hurt. the undefeated champ being beaten by a non-boxer lol. all these years people saying boxing sucks and doesnt compare to mma etc..... this showed otherwise. that there's more to it than just power and aggression.

and no way would FM go in the octogon. he knows he'd get murdered. he doesnt have instant knock out power and once feet start flying or it goes to the floor its all over. he would just be putting himself at serious risk of being permanently hurt. may as well put Kobe Byrant in the octogon lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
is there another UFC fighter who would have had a better chance of defeating FM? like Jon Jones?

Users who are viewing this thread