More on3 performance results

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The kit has about 2500 miles on it and is perfect. I have fixed a couple of issues that I neglected during the install and now they bug me enough to get to them. No problems at all with the kit itself!

Did an A6 swap and could not be happier! Turbo + Auto= extension of man's penis

Who's tune are you running?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I guess you can say the on3 turbo is the fabricators dream kit , low cost and you get to add your wormanship. But for me I'm going a Cpr kit for near perfect fitment and everything you need to get the job done. But i gotta go forged 1st still shopping engine builders soon will pull the trigger!

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I guess you can say the on3 turbo is the fabricators dream kit , low cost and you get to add your wormanship. But for me I'm going a Cpr kit for near perfect fitment and everything you need to get the job done. But i gotta go forged 1st still shopping engine builders soon will pull the trigger!

Why is that? The only people talking about fabricating are those like yourself, that is don't have the kit, probably never even seen one but you know all about how it fits, lol

Bud

Established Member
The internet is full of professional regurgitors and sack riders of only the products they own or plan to. Funny how that works

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Any turbo kit is going to require some fab work. Even CPR. Last I heard welding a bung into your oil pan is in fact fab work.

Nothing to be afraid of, but its not like a turbo just tosses onto these cars in one weekend.

They all will require plenty of work to get installed.

hitmix300

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437140373.511221.jpg

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Fabbed...

So is your kit the newest rendition after all the updates listed on their webstie.

Im looking real hard at this kit right now, the value is hard to pass up.

syclone50

Established Member
Couple of things since I last checked this thread. The "fab" work everyone keeps mentioning, I did not have to cut or weld any of my hot side. The On3 kit will require more install time than any other kit (I don't have any experience with the other kits on the market). I would guess this is due to it being HALF the price of any other twin kit on the market. Half......that is a HUGE difference in price from any other kit out there. The vendors offering, not only more expensive but better quality kits have to make the argument of why theirs is more expensive. And I agree with them, better parts= more money! I understand their kit doesn't cost as much as On3's to produce and they are charging 3x more just to make more money. Hell some of that price difference is in the simple fact that if you call these other vendors they actually answer the phone. I knew all of this going into my purchase of the On3 kit and didn't have a problem with it.

If you like to get your hands dirty and don't want to spend a third of the price of what your car is currently valued at then the On3 kit is the kit for you! If you have the extra money and like to spend it, then by all means get one of the better kits out there. I am by no means going to say the kit is on par with Hellion, Armageddon, or any other TT setup. It isn't, it is Chinese made it clearly shows.

To give you an idea I bought the On3 kit, built a Boss short block, fuel upgrades, and A6 swap for LESS then the next TT kit on the market. I would say that is a hell of a deal that performs well and without any issues so far. Will I have them, yes I plan on it. This is my 4th turbo mustang and they all have problems, ALL OF THEM! It is just the nature of the beast. Too many parts making up the kit not to have something go south on you.

As far as the ECU placement, that is exactly where mine is. It is a bit strange to see it there but does it make it ok if I told you that is where the $13K Armageddon kit has you mount it. Granted that kit comes with a fancy bracket to hold it in place. I simply made one with a piece of scrap metal, a pair of pliers and my right arm in less than 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread