Motortrend: 2014 Corvette tested

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
C6Z is a great car, but this thing is growing on me BIGTIME! Too bad I vowed never to buy a Government Motor car. lol

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Not a fan of vettes honestly. And this isn't helping me. It's lost in translation, I would kind of say it's a sports car but it's kind of not. By plain definition it applies but in practice it's very muscular driven and that gives it a more muscle car/v8 American car feel. Sports car I think of M3/Aston Martin/Jaguar/Porsche etc. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but for the price I could purchase a way better built and engineered product. The C6's flappy tail light panel blew me away and then the overall build quality was subpar relative to other similarly priced true sports cars. It's become a car people own just to own because it says corvette on it. That and it's ****ing fast.

Sick SVT

Established Member
i don't mind it, but the c6 z06 and zr1 look way better imo. No doubt it will be a great car but in the looks department its a downgrade.

x10000000

Awesome technology but not a fan of the new body style. I'd still drive the shit out of it though!

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Not a fan of vettes honestly. And this isn't helping me. It's lost in translation, I would kind of say it's a sports car but it's kind of not. By plain definition it applies but in practice it's very muscular driven and that gives it a more muscle car/v8 American car feel. Sports car I think of M3/Aston Martin/Jaguar/Porsche etc. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but for the price I could purchase a way better built and engineered product. The C6's flappy tail light panel blew me away and then the overall build quality was subpar relative to other similarly priced true sports cars. It's become a car people own just to own because it says corvette on it. That and it's ****ing fast.

Aston Martin, Jaguar, and a lot of the Porsches and M cars aren't even half the driver car for the money. I feel like you probably aren't basing your opinion on experience because those thoughts would go out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

61mmstang94

Established Member
The Sting Ray can be had for $5X,XXX.

What car for that price or cheaper is so much "better engineered"? And explain how it's "better engineered" while you're at it so we can understand where you're coming from.

And remember this is just the base model vette. Don't act like this is all the new vette will have to offer. The Z and R1 (if made) will offer better styling and insane performance increase.

And you think people buy Corvettes for no other reason than that it "says corvette on it"? I think that's just you're baseless opinion because a lot of people buy Vettes for the fact they're just awesome performing cars. They're relatively lightweight when you look at other current performance cars, can make great power, handle pretty decent, and any number of reasons that anyone buys any car.

Then you mentio. Aston Martins, Jaguars and Porches. Did it cross your mind you can buy 3 or 4 Vettes for the price of some of those vehicles?!

I must be the only person on the planet who thinks the rear looks good. :shrug:

It's growing on me.

People hated on the new viper before it was released but once they saw actual production cars in more than a few pictures I think more people now like the viper than dont.

When there's a significant departure from a vehicles styling the previous year it tends to take time for people to get used to it. And theres always people who will hate a vette no matter what it looks like or performs like and those thatll like it no matter what.

It could be the sexiest car ever and run 8s stock and someone on here will say they dont like the lug nuts so it sucks. No different here.

Last edited:

cobraless

Established Member

It seems like they borrowed a little too much from the Camaro, when in the past, the Vette has had its own identity. If they did it based of sales maybe it was a clever idea, but to me it looks like crap. Again, like most people have said, I would love to drive one based on the performance.

jshen

Established Member

I love this car!! However other reviews put the base price in low 50's if my memory is correct. I have no intentions of racing my ride- just occasional spirited driving so I don't need nor want a Z51 suspension. And at a price in the 50's I see it as a much better value than the competition. 30 mpg when you want it plus a kick butt motor..best of both worlds.

I got over the "having the fastest car mindset" years ago as, financially for me, it's a crippling addiction. I found there will always be a faster car somewhere regardless of what one buys.

cmsnake

Established Member
Anyone else notice the increase in crub weight (3445).

Good looking car, but honestly I thought it would be a bit quicker. It does handle well.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I really like it. GM keeps making the next generation better and better. That's good for us because the C4 sucked donkey balls. LOL. I'm glad to see them finally make a great car. The C6 has been great and now this C7 looks very promising. Good job GM.

jshen

Established Member
Anyone else notice the increase in crub weight (3445). .

Yeah- the weight increase is an issue but I read the frame is a little bigger..:shrug:

Frankly I do not see the price of gas ever going down...as the US produces more oil than we can burn in today's world and US oil companies now export gas and oil to foreign countries...so they don't want prices cut. With that and the Feds demanding better gas mileage- this car is about as good as it gets. Decent mileage and no GG tax! Doen't the SS camaros and SS chevy get gas guzzler taxes?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
as the performance with the Z51 and interior may be better... I still love the looks of the exterior of the old ZR1 better!!! imo

Apparently that was a Z51 package that was tested in this video, it was briefly mentioned in the video and in title.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread